X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RunYouOver
    Admin
    • Jan 2005

Unbelievably tragic. Kobe was an icon, and this has been hard to come to grips with. Just extremely sad
    Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• broncolee
      Football Immortal
      • Jan 2007

RIP Kobe and all who fell that day.
      Stop Feeding The Trolls, Please!!!!!

Comment

• johntbronco
        DaCap Man!
        • Jan 2013

Sad news

Comment

• atwaterandstir
          Football Immortal
          • Jul 2012

Kobe was an amazing player and his legacy/reach was widely felt.

As a Jazz fan he was our most beloved villain. He loved playing in Utah and we grew to love him. He was such an impactful player that his failures became others success. Andre Kirelenko is an all time fan favorite and is rated higher by Jazz fans than casual fans because one simple reason.......about a 10 second sequence where AK bodies up on Kobe and blocks him a couple times in the same series. AK became a legend to us not because of his career 12 and 6 average, but because what we remember he did to the great Kobe Bryant in 10 seconds.

Sad news for sports fans everywhere and heartbreaking for the families involved.

Comment

• Peerless
            Football Immortal
            • May 2004

Sounds like the crash could have been related to weather issues - specifically dense fog.

Super tragic - not just for Kobe but the other eight individuals (including young kids).

Comment

• CanDB
              Football Immortal
              • Mar 2008

Tragic! Losing the legendary Kobe Bryant and 8 other lives, including his daughter.

Comment

• beastlyskronk
                Football Immortal
                • Jun 2007

So glad no one hear has mentioned his case back in 03. I’m absolutely disgusted by the journalists including that case in there articles, I have my opinions on that case but I won’t share them here due to the nature of the discussion. But the man and his oldest daughter just died, don’t throw that back in his wife’s face and his other kids who may or may not be aware of it. Let the family grieve over their loss without that being included in the story.

RIP to one of the all time greats.

Comment

• CanDB
                  Football Immortal
                  • Mar 2008

I still remember when Kobe was a younger player on The Lakers, and I believe he was like a 6th Man for a while. Not being a big Lakers fan, I used to think how glad I was that he was not played more, because he was scary good way back then!!! Which is true of some of the finer players, who do not get enough playing time, and when they do, they excel. He was a super talent!

I also love the fact he lived in Italy for some years as a boy, when his dad played BB there. And when you heard him speak Italian, it is clear that he was fluent at that language. Sounded so cool!

Comment

• dizzolve
                    Orange Rush
                    • Mar 2009

Interesting information in this one
                    Last edited by dizzolve; 01-27-2020, 02:20 PM.
                    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• dizzolve
                      Orange Rush
                      • Mar 2009

with all that fog,.... and the posted calibrated altitude shown on the next video ,,, makes you kind of think he flew into the side of that hill.

Comment

• Peanut
                        ModNut
                        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                        with all that fog,.... and the posted calibrated altitude shown on the next video ,,, makes you kind of think he flew into the side of that hill.

I noticed the fog in the first pictures that came out yesterday and wondered if it played a roll in the crash. Today there was an article that said he was qualified to fly in heavy fog. I didn't watch the videos. Not sure if I'm ready to.
                        Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Saddletramp
                          Captain
                          • Nov 2005

Let us not forget that there were 7 other people on that chopper with Kobe and his daughter.
                          [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                          Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• Peanut
                            ModNut
                            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post
                            Let us not forget that there were 7 other people on that chopper with Kobe and his daughter.
                            We haven't forgotten.
                            Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• DevilSpawn
                              versus you
                              • Mar 2006

I grew up a big and I mean BIG time Showtime Lakers fan. That team made me fall in love with basketball. But with Kareem retiring, Magic Johnson's H.I.V. announcement and Pat Riley coming to NY, I foolishly switched to the Knicks, a lot of it due to New York pride so I didn't have more California teams than New York teams to root for. I still held my Lakers colors proudly for the next couple of years until I chose to go all in with the Knicks, so sadly I was not a Lakers fan when Kobe arrived. But he and Allen Iverson were my favorite non-Knicks. This story is so sad for Kobe because just recently you can see him starting his next life. Sometimes you don't see what with retiring players, even if they're announcers, commentators or hosts because you only see THAT side. But with Kobe, you knew he was coaching his daughter and he won an Oscar and living a new phase outside of basketball. Ironically he beat out one of my high school friends, but I was proud of Kobe because you could tell that was more than just a hobby. It was a passion. The Mamba Mentality that we all should bring to our lives.

R.I.P. to Kobe, his daughter Gianna, John Altobelli, Keri Altobelli, their daughter Alyssa, Sarah Chester and her daughter Payton, Christina Mauser and the pilot, Ara Zobayan. Everytime I read "R.I.P. Kobe Bryant" I shake my head in sadness and disbelief.

Comment

• dizzolve
                                Orange Rush
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                                I noticed the fog in the first pictures that came out yesterday and wondered if it played a roll in the crash. Today there was an article that said he was qualified to fly in heavy fog. I didn't watch the videos. Not sure if I'm ready to.
                                They're not that dramatic........ one has dramatic music but .......there isn't any panic in the radio traffic

Comment

Working...
                                X