Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Unless Detroit decides to trade Matt Stafford, we’ll see either Herbert it Tua in LA next season so you’ll most likely have another top QB to root against but yeah it is somewhat of a bummer because we won’t see the tantrums that only philis is capable of.
    what sucks is...the year they loose the franchise QB, there in a prime spot to grab another

with three of the top 6 players in the draft being QBs thought of as franchise quality, two of the first five picks are from teams that grabbed 1st round QBs last year, the lions have a franchise qb with some years left and so the bengals, fins and chargers are each in position to grab one

the kicker will be if the lions decide to roll with Stafford a few more years or grab his replacement now, or trade back to teams potentially looking at tua or Herbert like maybe the raiders or colts.
    the skins could also trade back and still grab a great defensive player

so the charger hater in me is hoping that somebody jumps ahead of the chargers and they are left looking for a franchise qb for a few years
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Hey Baph, do you think Rivers is the greatest average quarterback of all time?
    I think he's definitely one of the greatest 'non-clutch situation,' regular season only QB's, to ever play the game.

He was definitely above average against prevent defenses.

That's what my plaque for him would say.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    what sucks is...the year they loose the franchise QB, there in a prime spot to grab another

with three of the top 6 players in the draft being QBs thought of as franchise quality, two of the first five picks are from teams that grabbed 1st round QBs last year, the lions have a franchise qb with some years left and so the bengals, fins and chargers are each in position to grab one

the kicker will be if the lions decide to roll with Stafford a few more years or grab his replacement now, or trade back to teams potentially looking at tua or Herbert like maybe the raiders or colts.
    the skins could also trade back and still grab a great defensive player

so the charger hater in me is hoping that somebody jumps ahead of the chargers and they are left looking for a franchise qb for a few years
    It proves that they are not who most claim them to be. The broncos searched for years but were always to far out of position to draft another franchise QB because they’ve always been far more competitive than most even without a QB.

Most years there is only one or two franchise QBs to choose from, sometimes none. This is an exceptional year and the chargers just got lucky.

However I highly doubt they do anything with it, at least not until there is a change in ownership because you don’t have all that talent and still diss it all away. It’s gotta be the ownership.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 02-25-2020 at 11:44 AM.