Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    Once again, you speak before engaging that pea size mass between your ears.

I grew up in Colorado Springs. I lived and worked in Denver in 1977, SB 12. I am a Broncos fan first and I always will be.

Are you suggesting an NFL fan can only care about ONE team and the other 31 should be considered trash? I said I am A FAN of the Titans. Just like I am A FAN of the Bears, Vikings, 49ers and usually root for them UNLESS THEY'RE PLAYING THE BRONCOS. I don't care too much about the other teams which I don't love or hate. Wait....to clarify.....I really, really, really hate the Pansy's, Cowboy's, Chargers and Raiders.

Thinking with clarity and having basic common sense is very valuable....something you struggle with.

FYI....I hated the Falcons when Michael Vick the dog killer played for them.
    If he isn't, I am.
    [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg[/URL
    Adopted player Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Rooting for a team in a particular game is not the same as being a fan of them. Most people I know are only fans of one team. You are fake.
    Agreed.

Fan: (Merriam-Webster)
    an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator.
    an ardent admirer or enthusiast (as of a celebrity or a pursuit)

Using the proper definition of "Fan," TommyBrady12 is correct, BARF.
    jazzbodog misused the word fan, at best.

I am a Broncos fan only, but will root for other teams when necessary or the Broncos aren't playing.

Go Chiefs!

Rooting for a team in a particular game is not the same as being a fan of them. Most people I know are only fans of one team. You are fake.
    MOST? So are you saying people that ARE NOT in your MOST category are fans of one or more teams other than their FAVORITE team, like me?

Are you also saying that parents that have two sons currently playing in the NFL for different teams (or any sport) can't root for both teams because then they would be FAKE? They have root for one son but not the other? They can't have a "may the best team win" and be happy with which ever team wins?

Or it's OK because they are parents and that's a "valid exception" to your LAME.....REALLY LAME thinking?

Do you also think a person can't have more than one best friend, or more than one favorite food, or earthly destinations to visit?

I love Mexican and Asian food EXACTLY the same. If I had to pick one to eat the rest of my life I would have to flip a coin. Both have superb qualities. Too many for ME to pick one over the other.

There's many examples....get over it TommyBoy12. There's a saying....VARIETY is the SPICE of life!

And just because MOST people are only fans of one team and no others within any sport means NOTHING. It's their choosing to think that way and that's OK too.

I wonder if all Cleveland Browns fans think like you? If I was a Browns fan I would definitely have some back-up teams to be a FAN of and root for. If not, what's the point of enjoying the NFL?
    Last edited by jazzbodog; 01-29-2020 at 09:55 AM.
    Utah Bronco Freak

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Agreed.

Fan: (Merriam-Webster)
    an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator.
    an ardent admirer or enthusiast (as of a celebrity or a pursuit)

Using the proper definition of "Fan," TommyBrady12 is correct, BARF.
    jazzbodog misused the word fan, at best.

I am a Broncos fan only, but will root for other teams when necessary or the Broncos aren't playing.

Go Chiefs!
    No, I didn't misuse the word "fan" and TommyBoy12 is wrong and the two definitions below prove it, IMO.

I agree with the Merriam-Webster definition of "Fan" but it DOESN'T state that it can ONLY APPLY to a single team, person, food, city/country, planet, vehicle, clothing, etc.

Here's another definition:
    A fan, aficionado, or supporter is someone who has an intense, occasionally overwhelming liking and enthusiasm for a sporting club, person, group of persons, or trend. Fans constitute a fan base or fandom. They often show their enthusiasm by starting a club, blogging, or promoting the object of their interest.

Again, it DOESN'T state that it can ONLY APPLY to a single team.

GO CHIEFS!
    Utah Bronco Freak

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I am sticking with my original belief, based on "good fit" for Brady and The Chargers.....and yes, it's The Chargers. One of the best fits for a guy who wants another shot at high level achievement, with a team that has many weapons and a quality D....and it is family friendly in Tom's case. The Chargers are on the edge, and lost many games by a TD or less. They could draft a QB for the future, and give the keys to Brady for a couple of seasons.

Other than staying with BB, I see LAC as the best fit. Plus they need to fill up their stadium.

But for a moment, imagine how he's feel if he had this group in New England:

RBs - Gordon, Ekeler
    WRs - Allen, Williams
    TE - Henry

There are more. As I have stated before, how long does he need the ball in his hands to handoff to these quality backs, or throw to players like Ekeler, Allen and Henry.....
    gordon is UDFA and i get a feeling he wont be LA next season. just sayin

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I will miss Phil, he was a great competitor and a guy who was so fiercely defended by his fans....I loved hating that guy.

If he does keep playing it would be interesting to see him in Tampa or Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    I will miss Phil, he was a great competitor and a guy who was so fiercely defended by his fans....I loved hating that guy.

If he does keep playing it would be interesting to see him in Tampa or Chicago.
    Say what? The Bears are my second favorite team and if Rivers ends up there will mean I have to do a 180 and support him. Somewhat of an odd feeling right now.

Where ever Rivers ends up, I wonder if his propensity to make interceptions will improve, remain the same or get worse. It will be interesting to compare his 2020 passing stats to 2019 stats.
    Utah Bronco Freak

I'm really curious at Baph's take on all this..... He hasn't been around for a bit. Did he lose a bet and have to stay away??

I am Happy That This Clown has left the AFC West now lets just hope this sets back the LA Charges for a few years like Denver was because this year 2020 will be Denver's Year !!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    Say what? The Bears are my second favorite team and if Rivers ends up there will mean I have to do a 180 and support him. Somewhat of an odd feeling right now.

Where ever Rivers ends up, I wonder if his propensity to make interceptions will improve, remain the same or get worse. It will be interesting to compare his 2020 passing stats to 2019 stats.
    Off topic:
    I lived in Chicago for 17 years,
    and the Bears never became my second
    favorite team.

You would be hard-pressed to find a Bears
    fan with a second favorite team.

Heck, I've never lived in Denver,
    and yet the Broncos are my only favorite team.

On topic:
    I think Bears fans would welcome Rivers.
    Heck, I would welcome Rivers, for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    I am Happy That This Clown has left the AFC West now lets just hope this sets back the LA Charges for a few years like Denver was because this year 2020 will be Denver's Year !!
    Well his body left the game a few years ago so the chargers will be in a good position to draft Justine Herbert or move up ahead of miami to take Tua Tagovailoa.

It sucks but they’ll get a pretty good QB to replace Phalus right off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Well his body left the game a few years ago so the chargers will be in a good position to draft Justine Herbert or move up ahead of miami to take Tua Tagovailoa.

It sucks but they’ll get a pretty good QB to replace Phalus right off the bat.

and will be baps bragging point...look how quickly telesco replaced rivers...with a sure fired guaranteed HOF qb

disregarding they sitting at #6 with the three top qbs in the draft and only two teams needing a qb in front of them
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

You know people???

Hey dude, given I live in another country, I have bounced around a wee bit, trying to find a fav team. I have followed many, I became a Broncos fan for various reasons. But maybe because I am not a local type, I have a number of teams I follow, though Broncos have been my fav for decades. So it's cool to have a fav, and a number of other teams you really like, Nothing about fandom that doesn't fit that way of being a fan.

Brady to new Orleans becomes another option if Brees retires
    Brees can still play according the standards set by Brady last season. There’s no way Brees is moving on so an old jack ass could attempt to pass him on the all time list.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    You know people???

Hey dude, given I live in another country, I have bounced around a wee bit, trying to find a fav team. I have followed many, I became a Broncos fan for various reasons. But maybe because I am not a local type, I have a number of teams I follow, though Broncos have been my fav for decades. So it's cool to have a fav, and a number of other teams you really like, Nothing about fandom that doesn't fit that way of being a fan.
    If you are a true fan of your team, you never cheer/root for a division rival. Period. What makes this even more nonsensical is the guy was cheering for the Chiefs in the SUPER BOWL. I can understand rooting for a non-conference rival as your second favorite team, but Broncos fans and Chiefs fans don't mix. Can you imagine a Raiders fan cheering for the Chargers?
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)