Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 63
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    35,968
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    If you are a true fan of your team, you never cheer/root for a division rival. Period. What makes this even more nonsensical is the guy was cheering for the Chiefs in the SUPER BOWL. I can understand rooting for a non-conference rival as your second favorite team, but Broncos fans and Chiefs fans don't mix. Can you imagine a Raiders fan cheering for the Chargers?
    First, I disagree. Second, coming from you, it actually verifies I am right.

    And I'll ask you a question. Say someone moves, from one divisional city to another. Do you only cheer for the original team, though you may have moved for decades? Do you only cheer for the new team, and forget your childhood memories, and so on? This is what probably happens often....you end up cheering for both, to some degree, and therefore you are cheering for a divisional rival.

    The odds are actually good you will never stop cheering for your first team. My brother is proof of that, here in Canada. He still pulls for our teams, though he moved decades ago. But if one loves their new home, eventually they might side with those teams....again, maybe both cities.

    Or is that too hard for you? I'll break it down into child size bites if you like.
    Last edited by CanDB; 02-14-2020 at 09:39 AM.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,789
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    If you are a true fan of your team, you never cheer/root for a division rival. Period. What makes this even more nonsensical is the guy was cheering for the Chiefs in the SUPER BOWL. I can understand rooting for a non-conference rival as your second favorite team, but Broncos fans and Chiefs fans don't mix. Can you imagine a Raiders fan cheering for the Chargers?
    Continuing to argue this is a total waste of time. It's an opinionated topic.

    I cheered for the Chiefs in the Super Bowl, not because I'm a Chiefs fan at all, but because my Special Needs son is a HUGE Chiefs fan. To see him so excited and cry after they won was worth cheering for a division rival. That's true fandom..... Stop with the opinionated arguments being you have no CLUE to why someone else would cheer for this team or that.... Who really cares??? Does it define you? NO!!! Let it go already.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bear Valley in The 5280
    Posts
    14,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    Continuing to argue this is a total waste of time. It's an opinionated topic.

    I cheered for the Chiefs in the Super Bowl, not because I'm a Chiefs fan at all, but because my Special Needs son is a HUGE Chiefs fan. To see him so excited and cry after they won was worth cheering for a division rival. That's true fandom..... Stop with the opinionated arguments being you have no CLUE to why someone else would cheer for this team or that.... Who really cares??? Does it define you? NO!!! Let it go already.
    My cousin Michael died at an early age last year from a heart attack. He left behind a wife and 4 kids. He was an avid Chiefs fan, I was a little upset that they waited until he was gone to win a super bowl however I found a part of myself cheering for them in the super bowl for him.

    Tommy-cheetah has no idea why other people employ their right to make certain choices in life. Therefore it makes him look really ridiculous when trying to impose his asinine beliefs on others.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    My cousin Michael died at an early age last year from a heart attack. He left behind a wife and 4 kids. He was an avid Chiefs fan, I was a little upset that they waited until he was gone to win a super bowl however I found a part of myself cheering for them in the super bowl for him.

    Tommy-cheetah has no idea why other people employ their right to make certain choices in life. Therefore it makes him look really ridiculous when trying to impose his asinine beliefs on others.
    Truth!!!!!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    35,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    Continuing to argue this is a total waste of time. It's an opinionated topic.

    I cheered for the Chiefs in the Super Bowl, not because I'm a Chiefs fan at all, but because my Special Needs son is a HUGE Chiefs fan. To see him so excited and cry after they won was worth cheering for a division rival. That's true fandom..... Stop with the opinionated arguments being you have no CLUE to why someone else would cheer for this team or that.... Who really cares??? Does it define you? NO!!! Let it go already.
    Glad for your son!!!

    And you are right. This is a waste. Perhaps someone is trying to create divisions between others to make themselves feel good. Whatever....ridiculous. When I wake up each day, my heart/gut tell me who to cheer for. And because I love sports, it makes life so much sweeter to look forward to almost every sports event I watch.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,163
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    First, I disagree. Second, coming from you, it actually verifies I am right.

    And I'll ask you a question. Say someone moves, from one divisional city to another. Do you only cheer for the original team, though you may have moved for decades? Do you only cheer for the new team, and forget your childhood memories, and so on? This is what probably happens often....you end up cheering for both, to some degree, and therefore you are cheering for a divisional rival.

    The odds are actually good you will never stop cheering for your first team. My brother is proof of that, here in Canada. He still pulls for our teams, though he moved decades ago. But if one loves their new home, eventually they might side with those teams....again, maybe both cities.

    Or is that too hard for you? I'll break it down into child size bites if you like.
    Moving to a rival city per se does not mean you start cheering for the local team. If I moved to Miami, for example, I'd never cheer for the Dolphins. Obviously, if there are family members that are fans of rival teams it's one thing, but just moving by itself is a lame reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    Continuing to argue this is a total waste of time. It's an opinionated topic.

    I cheered for the Chiefs in the Super Bowl, not because I'm a Chiefs fan at all, but because my Special Needs son is a HUGE Chiefs fan. To see him so excited and cry after they won was worth cheering for a division rival. That's true fandom..... Stop with the opinionated arguments being you have no CLUE to why someone else would cheer for this team or that.... Who really cares??? Does it define you? NO!!! Let it go already.
    It's fine if you have a family member or friend who cheers for a divisional rival and you are just cheering for that team because you want them to be happy. But the particular poster i am talking about was cheering for the Chiefs for no apparent reason other than it supposedly "helps the Broncos"...whatever that means. Then he gave lame reasons like people who have kids who play for both franchises are allowed to cheer for 2 teams....like that applies to him.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bear Valley in The 5280
    Posts
    14,417
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Moving to a rival city per se does not mean you start cheering for the local team. If I moved to Miami, for example, I'd never cheer for the Dolphins. Obviously, if there are family members that are fans of rival teams it's one thing, but just moving by itself is a lame reason.



    It's fine if you have a family member or friend who cheers for a divisional rival and you are just cheering for that team because you want them to be happy. But the particular poster i am talking about was cheering for the Chiefs for no apparent reason other than it supposedly "helps the Broncos"...whatever that means. Then he gave lame reasons like people who have kids who play for both franchises are allowed to cheer for 2 teams....like that applies to him.
    So he has to justify his reason for choosing to cheer for a rival when his first team of choice has been eliminated?

    Heís a football fan and he shouldnít have to justify any reasons why heís choosing to continue to watch his favorite sport until the seasons end.

    Thatís all weíre saying and it may not help the Broncos but it represents the division however I understand that when the patriots win a super bowl, nobody thinks of the dolphins, jets or bills .
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 02-14-2020 at 11:29 AM.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    So he has to justify his reason for choosing to cheer for a rival when his first team of choice has been eliminated?

    He’s a football fan and he shouldn’t have to justify any reasons why he’s choosing to continue to watch his favorite sport until the seasons end.

    That’s all we’re saying and it may not help the Broncos but it represents the division however I understand that when the patriots win a super bowl, nobody thinks of the dolphins, jets or bills .
    He doesn't have to justify anything...if he wants to be an NFL fan. But it's a big stretch to say he's a diehard Broncos fan.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    35,968
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Moving to a rival city per se does not mean you start cheering for the local team. If I moved to Miami, for example, I'd never cheer for the Dolphins. Obviously, if there are family members that are fans of rival teams it's one thing, but just moving by itself is a lame reason.



    It's fine if you have a family member or friend who cheers for a divisional rival and you are just cheering for that team because you want them to be happy. But the particular poster i am talking about was cheering for the Chiefs for no apparent reason other than it supposedly "helps the Broncos"...whatever that means. Then he gave lame reasons like people who have kids who play for both franchises are allowed to cheer for 2 teams....like that applies to him.
    Did you just wake up from a lengthy sleep.....say 20 years?

    Have you ever moved to another city/town? IF NOT, you have no clue what it means. Wise folks often say that if you move to another community, the best way to become part of it is to take it on as your home. In my brother's case, and in the case of others I know, there is a good allegiance with the teams they grew up with, but in time they also cheer for the new teams.

    But why I bother interacting with you is beyond me. I am slipping. Maybe it's because you prove to me, over and over again, that you are fun to punt.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,789
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Moving to a rival city per se does not mean you start cheering for the local team. If I moved to Miami, for example, I'd never cheer for the Dolphins. Obviously, if there are family members that are fans of rival teams it's one thing, but just moving by itself is a lame reason.



    It's fine if you have a family member or friend who cheers for a divisional rival and you are just cheering for that team because you want them to be happy. But the particular poster i am talking about was cheering for the Chiefs for no apparent reason other than it supposedly "helps the Broncos"...whatever that means. Then he gave lame reasons like people who have kids who play for both franchises are allowed to cheer for 2 teams....like that applies to him.
    But again...... You seem to like arguing with people about topics that are only opinion based. It just like back when you argued about Brady being the GOAT. That's your opinion but not the opinion of everyone else. Your reasoning based on your opinion is that a Fan has to be locked to one team to be a diehard. Someone else's opinion is they are a diehard for one team, but maybe like a couple others..... WHO FLIPPIN CARES????

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,789
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    He doesn't have to justify anything...if he wants to be an NFL fan. But it's a big stretch to say he's a diehard Broncos fan.
    Sooooooo..... You're the judge and jury? The say all be all? The deciding factor in all persons life's?

    You don't get to determine what kind of fan anyone is. He can be a diehard fan of the Broncos, but still have a second team or two he roots for. You don't get to decide his choices or definition of what any of that means to him, just like he doesn't get to choose that for you.........

    Now........ If you are a grown man/woman, this is where I say Grow Up!!!

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,163
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Did you just wake up from a lengthy sleep.....say 20 years?

    Have you ever moved to another city/town? IF NOT, you have no clue what it means. Wise folks often say that if you move to another community, the best way to become part of it is to take it on as your home. In my brother's case, and in the case of others I know, there is a good allegiance with the teams they grew up with, but in time they also cheer for the new teams.

    But why I bother interacting with you is beyond me. I am slipping. Maybe it's because you prove to me, over and over again, that you are fun to punt.
    Um, yeah I have moved. The city where I currently at has fans of all 32 NFL teams. While some may adopt the local teams as a second favorite, you will never see them abandon their original team. And you sure as hell won't see them like the local team if it's a division rival. You can be civil in your new city and get along with everyone without abandoning your roots.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    Sooooooo..... You're the judge and jury? The say all be all? The deciding factor in all persons life's?

    You don't get to determine what kind of fan anyone is. He can be a diehard fan of the Broncos, but still have a second team or two he roots for. You don't get to decide his choices or definition of what any of that means to him, just like he doesn't get to choose that for you.........

    Now........ If you are a grown man/woman, this is where I say Grow Up!!!
    I never said I was the judge and jury. I'm pointing out it's incredibly abnormal. What, are you a Chiefs fan too now?
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,789
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    I never said I was the judge and jury. I'm pointing out it's incredibly abnormal. What, are you a Chiefs fan too now?
    Again Tammy...... Grow up and stop acting like a Child, unless I guess you are.....

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bear Valley in The 5280
    Posts
    14,417
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    He doesn't have to justify anything...if he wants to be an NFL fan. But it's a big stretch to say he's a diehard Broncos fan.
    Iím as die hard as it gets but a small part of me as a football fan may had cheered for Andy KFC Eatin Reid to win a championship since he was playing in the super bowl.

    All joking aside Itís hard to dislike guys like Reid and Kubiak, or if weíre digging deeper itís hard to dislike former NFL alumni like Dick Vermiel, Johnny Madden, Bill Walsh!

    Itís an appreciation for the game, nothing personnel to oneís favorite team or city where that team resides. Lifeís full of choices, Itís also far too short for that kind of narrow minded crap. Live for the moment, utilize as many choices as possible and have fun.

    Basically stop your whining and find some better smack material because Bauph (L) seems to have checked out of trolling Broncomania and you have some big shoes to fill.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 02-14-2020 at 03:09 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •