Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Broncos Country Mock Draft Competition Discusion thread.

This thread is to Discuss the picks or the mock or what you think will happen. please Be nice every one and lets have some fun doing this.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Question I have is why no trades allowed? Doesn't seem it would cause any issues since points aren't awarded for trades. Therefore say you think the chargers trade up with the lions not allowing trades means you could only get 10 points between the 2 picks and not the 20 for correctly picking a trade. Plus allowing trades shouldn't really cause any issues it the submitted would most likely be team and pick which would be easily scored.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Question I have is why no trades allowed? Doesn't seem it would cause any issues since points aren't awarded for trades. Therefore say you think the chargers trade up with the lions not allowing trades means you could only get 10 points between the 2 picks and not the 20 for correctly picking a trade. Plus allowing trades shouldn't really cause any issues it the submitted would most likely be team and pick which would be easily scored.
    i think the thing i would most worry about with trade is some one goes crazy with them and just try to do a lot of trades to manipulate it for points. i feel like allowing trades could make it some what unrealistic in a way. i wouldn't want some one to go over board with trade and just do some trades that are completely unrealistic to say give them a better chance of getting points for predictive a player to a team. i mean it may be best to go by a mock for mock basis but i wouldn't want some one to say have some one trade into end the first round cause they think for sure that the person may end up on the team even if they don't Trade for him or something along those lines.

oakland raders gm

after thinking about it. i am down to allow trade but any mock with a trade will be up for being disqualified if the trade makes no sense or is completely unrealistic and looks like a move just to try to gain points.

oakland raders gm

Man, look at all the familiar names still playing GM after all these years

any chance of getting points if you get the position correct to a team but the wrong player?

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    any chance of getting points if you get the position correct to a team but the wrong player?
    I think that may be to easy I can think on it but I kinda like points on the player over position

oakland raders gm

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    I think that may be to easy I can think on it but I kinda like points on the player over position
    It's just if you are expecting people to get exact players to exact teams, you will be lucky to get 1 or 2 correct after the first 3 picks.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    It's just if you are expecting people to get exact players to exact teams, you will be lucky to get 1 or 2 correct after the first 3 picks.
    if that type of thing happens i would probably be down to reward points per position. but i think some epople could hit at least 10 total picks.

oakland raders gm

if that type of thing happens i would probably be down to reward points per position. but i think some epople could hit at least 10 total picks.
    I will certainly enter a mock a little closer to the draft, but I would not give points for positions. I have seen these on other sites and the best way I have found is to give scaling points. Meaning 5 points for the team (trades allowed) and 5 points for the order. Meaning if you pick Justin Herbert to Miami at #5 and the dolphins get him at 5 you get 10 points. But the order is scaling. So if Herbert doesn’t go at 5 you lose one point for each pick you are away. So if he goes at 4 or 6 you get 4 points. If he goes at 3 or 7 you get 3 points and so on.

Certainly makes way more work for the person running the game, but IMO is a better evaluation of who actually did a better job.

Quote Originally Posted by myoung View Post
    I will certainly enter a mock a little closer to the draft, but I would not give points for positions. I have seen these on other sites and the best way I have found is to give scaling points. Meaning 5 points for the team (trades allowed) and 5 points for the order. Meaning if you pick Justin Herbert to Miami at #5 and the dolphins get him at 5 you get 10 points. But the order is scaling. So if Herbert doesn’t go at 5 you lose one point for each pick you are away. So if he goes at 4 or 6 you get 4 points. If he goes at 3 or 7 you get 3 points and so on.

Certainly makes way more work for the person running the game, but IMO is a better evaluation of who actually did a better job.
    i defintelly like the idea of scaling points. i can if this goes well and people enjoy it i hope to refine it moving forward for sure.

oakland raders gm

those people should go Pro if they do that well

if you have a thread that will be your final you can just link that and i will judge it from there.

oakland raders gm

Would every one be interested in the scaling points system. You get 5 and for every spot away from where he was actually drafted you get -1. You still get for getting just player to team.

But let's say you had player a go to 7 to carolina. But they traded up to 3 and grabbed player A you would still get 5 from guessing the player + 1(5-4) for a total of 6 points.

What would every one thing of switching this?

I feel like every one is doing really well so far