Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Yep! It’s arrogance!

Anyway Mark Schlereth is on the air right now saying Jimmy G may be headed back to New England. Don’t know where he’s getting his info but he’s sure speculating this morning.
    That was heavy tongue in cheek speculation bro, come on now.

Jimmy G isn't clutch. Kyle didn't trust him and with good reason. I said before the game, Jimmy will give the defense no less than three opportunities for interceptions per game, guaranteed and that is sure enough, what he did in the Super Bowl.

Didn't help that the coach panicked and got outta their game plan with the run. And that 4th and 15 conversion was inexcusable. I turned it off then, it was a foregone conclusion the game was being choked away.

As for the Chiefs, I am far from this mindset that a rival winning is someone how good for the division. That's just stupid to me. Beyond stupid.

The one thing that worries me is a point Mike Evans brought up this morning...while some people, myself included, jumped to the thought that once they pay Mahomes, they will be bleeding talent they can't pay for anymore. But Evans brought up how you might have players and vets who still got a few good years left, may start flocking to KC for cheaper costs for the chance to play for a bona fide contender with Mahomes under center. Not looking forward to that.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Jimmy G is NOT Brady. He wilted under pressure of the big game. He had a great opportunity with 2 mins to go in the 4th and choked. Bill made the right move to trade him.

And I can't believe they gave the MVP to Mahomes who sucked for most of the game. Williams deserved it IMO.
    Agreed. Jimmy is a game manager at best.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Don’t get too excited, some folks still don’t know you guys exist!

Congratulations to the “great state of Kansas”.

Sorry I couldn’t resist!
    Yeah, he's not too bright, is he now?
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosIsLife View Post
    That was heavy tongue in cheek speculation bro, come on now.

Jimmy G isn't clutch. Kyle didn't trust him and with good reason. I said before the game, Jimmy will give the defense no less than three opportunities for interceptions per game, guaranteed and that is sure enough, what he did in the Super Bowl.

Didn't help that the coach panicked and got outta their game plan with the run. And that 4th and 15 conversion was inexcusable. I turned it off then, it was a foregone conclusion the game was being choked away.

As for the Chiefs, I am far from this mindset that a rival winning is someone how good for the division. That's just stupid to me. Beyond stupid.

The one thing that worries me is a point Mike Evans brought up this morning...while some people, myself included, jumped to the thought that once they pay Mahomes, they will be bleeding talent they can't pay for anymore. But Evans brought up how you might have players and vets who still got a few good years left, may start flocking to KC for cheaper costs for the chance to play for a bona fide contender with Mahomes under center. Not looking forward to that.
    The other good thing is Kelce is 30. I'd give him 3-4 years. But they are good at drafting skilled players.

Jimmy G is NOT Brady. He wilted under pressure of the big game. He had a great opportunity with 2 mins to go in the 4th and choked. Bill made the right move to trade him.

And I can't believe they gave the MVP to Mahomes who sucked for most of the game. Williams deserved it IMO.
    Why not? They gave one to Brady for going 16 for 145. And he didn't even have to throw a touchdown at the end to win. Mahomes threw 2.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    Agreed. Jimmy is a game manager at best.
    I think Shanahan had a brain fart on that 3rd down play to Sanders, and thought he still had Matt Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Why not? They gave one to Brady for going 16 for 145. And he didn't even have to throw a touchdown at the end to win. Mahomes threw 2.
    You forgot to add 2 INTs, 2 fumbles, and 5 sacks to Mahomes.

John Elways white pants were the MVP yesterday.

I'm leaning in that same direction. Williams definitely played much more consistent with a 6.1 YPC and over 100 yards - many earned the hard way. Mahomes certainly led a great come back (two blown 20+ point Super Bowl leads in the 4th there Kyle ) but it clearly came down to play calling and execution for the offense as a whole - not so much wizardy of Mahomes, but whatever.

It was a good game over all. Congrats KC

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    I'm leaning in that same direction. Williams definitely played much more consistent with a 6.1 YPC and over 100 yards - many earned the hard way. Mahomes certainly led a great come back (two blown 20+ point Super Bowl leads in the 4th there Kyle ) but it clearly came down to play calling and execution for the offense as a whole - not so much wizardy of Mahomes, but whatever.

You forgot to add 2 INTs, 2 fumbles, and 5 sacks to Mahomes.
    Yeah, Mahomes should've been a game manager like Brady was. KC would've won for sure.

Tyreek Hill made Alex Smith look good. Just saying. The speed and rout running of Tyreek Hill is second to none. In my opinion, any QB with a noodle arm can look good throwing to Tyreek Hill let alone a QB with the physical gifts Mahomes has. Plain and simple, no Tyreek Hill no Superbowl. Mahomes getting way too much credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post

I dunno. Williams only had 66 rushing yards before that garbage time run. I don't really have a prob with Mahomes getting it given the history. Brady won 2 despite having a lower passer rating than Wilson and Delhomme did. Quarterback is just the first guy they always gravitate to. I mean, 145 yards and 9.0 yards per completion screams game manager, but Brady got it because he set Vinatieri up to win it. Ty Law probably should've won on the pick 6 alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Yeah, Mahomes should've been a game manager like Brady was. KC would've won for sure.
    Ok, so who else should have been MVP of SB 36?

Ok, so who else should have been MVP of SB 36?
    The guy who taped the Rams walkthrough.