Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Atwater at #1. The Smiling Assassin could kill you five times before you hit the ground.

Loved this hit.....
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

And this one..... Smith could put it on ya

Love this one too.... man he could hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    How is Atwater not number 1? Christian Okoye, the Nigerian Nightmare, was a complete force, no one could tackle him, he just ran over guys, until Steve Atwater hit him. Okoye was never the same after that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rssVFHtO8_Q

And then of course right near the end of Super Bowl XXXII (I believe it was Green Bay's second last offensive play) Atwater knocked out 3 players on the play. GB's Robert Brooks, Denver's Randy Hilliard and himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFrUVvlj5HI

All due respect to the other players on the list, but Atwater hit like a freight train.
    Was just about to post this myself. Absolutely agree with what you said. Atwater is easily my number one, which is saying something given some of the hard hitters we've had on this team.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    You are welcome to make your own list. Yes, Atwater was a big hitter. Let's revisit TJ. TJ weighed the same about 225, but was 5'9", ran a legit 4.4 and was a vicious hitter too.

And anyone that watched Dennis Smith's entire career has to admit that he was in the same league as Atwater as a hitter. Thurman Thomas said Dennis Smith was "crazy".

Saying TJ and Smith were as big hitters at Atwater is hardly a stretch. I gave TJ an edge because he played longer for the Broncos.

This was Mecklenburg's "coming out party" when the NFL started to take notice with this hit on Marcus Allen, who may have been the best player in the NFL at the time. I still don't know how Allen got up after that hit.

Watching that in slo-mo reminds me of the scene in The Waterboy where they have Michigan experiment with the towel boy, lol!!!

But that was an extremely clean hit. Shoulder to chest, helmet clearly on the outside. And Meck didn't launch, as ne never left his feet. Textbook wood laying'!
    #swapping

RIP to Chris Henry, but remember this lynch hit! Still think it was fumble!

https://youtu.be/hAn1Y5QU6-U
    #swapping

This guy was pretty good too......

Between me and you this is what we are missing on the d. A defender that hits so hard people are scared to run his way

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Dave Costa earned a two page photo in LIFE magazine for his hit on Joe Namath that sent him flying through the air. That's probably worth a spot on the list.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

I was a big fan of Dungy's D in Tampa and watched as many of their games as I could, so I saw a lot of Lynch and needless to say I was beyond thrilled when Shanny signed him in '04 (same year we traded for Champ -- what an upgrade to the secondary!). I'd put JL at the top of the list in a tie with the Smilin' Assassin (in his prime).
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    That's the one. I think Dave Costa has at least earned honorable mention with that hit on Broadway Joe. From 1967 through 1975 Denver had a vicious, hard-hitting four-man D-Line that included: Dave Costa, Rich Jackson, Jerry Inman, Rex Mirich, Pete Duranko, Paul Smith, Lyle Alzado, Lloyd Voss, Barney Chavous and John Grant. Actually, we could add Rich "Tombstone" Jackson's name to the list of big hiitters, too.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Between the penalties and fines that is hard to do these days.

Where would Tebow rank?