Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Trading Up?

Quote Originally Posted by montee2ball View Post
    Cecil Lammey just said today the Broncos are aiming Henry Ruggs. He said Ruggs had a formal meeting with the Broncos last night and Ruggs also said that it went well. To get Ruggs, theyíll probably have to move up and with the ammunition of draft picks in their pocket compared to other teams, they can.
    If they really want Ruggs, I think they can sit still and pick at 15. Maybe that changes in the upcoming months but I think Jeudy and Lamb go before him and I don't think enough of the teams ahead of us believe they have to have a WR. The Raiders could ruin it for us though.

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    If they really want Ruggs, I think they can sit still and pick at 15. Maybe that changes in the upcoming months but I think Jeudy and Lamb go before him and I don't think enough of the teams ahead of us believe they have to have a WR. The Raiders could ruin it for us though.
    After he runs his 40, teams will try to jump over the Broncos. Philly and New Orleans to name a few. Teams ahead of us besides the Raiders that can be interested are the Jets, Cards and Colts. Who what of thought John Ross would go Top 10. Hell, if Jalen Reagor ran a 4.3, someone would jump. Too early to say and we speculate all we want.

Quote Originally Posted by montee2ball View Post
    After he runs his 40, teams will try to jump over the Broncos. Philly and New Orleans to name a few. Teams ahead of us besides the Raiders that can be interested are the Jets, Cards and Colts. Who what of thought John Ross would go Top 10. Hell, if Jalen Reagor ran a 4.3, someone would jump. Too early to say and we speculate all we want.
    This may be the fastest class we have seen in a while. I wouldnít be surprised if a few guys drop who run a 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    The Raiders are looking to be a serious WR, round one team, but the question is, which of the three? I prefer we do not get too tied up with just one of them, given there are 3 elite WRs to select from, and an abundance of late first/2nds that can make us better at the position.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    This may be the fastest class we have seen in a while. I wouldn’t be surprised if a few guys drop who run a 4.3
    This is the fastest class i have seen sense following the combine. this set of WR should produce 2-3 4.2 guys Ruggs has been clocked in at 4.25 at alabama Hamler was clocked a 4.29 at Penn state. Raegor should also at worst run int he high 4.3 and Brandon Aiyuk also should run 4.3. i read an article about Shenault running 4.3 during his soph year at CU. There hasn't been a WR to run in the 4.2 sense ross. there may be 2 to 3 this draft class. the speed is crazy here.not to mention the guy who can run in the low 4.4 like lamb or Jeudy

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    The Raiders are looking to be a serious WR, round one team, but the question is, which of the three? I prefer we do not get too tied up with just one of them, given there are 3 elite WRs to select from, and an abundance of late first/2nds that can make us better at the position.
    i feel like Gruden will love Lamb. if he does then it will be interesting between the 2 bama WR. but i feel Lamb will fit ideal for what Gruden wants for a WR. he is big fast and physical. great after the catch. he is the best all around WR in this class and has some really highlight catches.
    Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 02-26-2020 at 05:04 PM.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Tyreek Hillís Speed & 40-Yard Dash Time
    While Hill wasnít clocked in the 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine, he did, however, partake in the University of West Alabamaís Pro Day. DraftScout.com has Hillís official Pro Day times at 4.28 and 4.29 for his two attempts. DraftScout also shows Hill posting a low-time of 4.25 seconds at some point in his career.

I want Ruggs !!! Then Cushenburry in the 2nd.....We could move up for both, don't care. Both would be starters, that's what you aim for....starters with your first two picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    The more I think about this the more I believe Denver is going to trade back. If for some reason Denver is not sold on Ruggs, I am going to make the prediction that Denver trades back with the Eagles. We land their 1st and 2nd giving us 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. Living in Philly, I am always hearing about how the Eagles are going to be high on this guys but may be out of their reach.
    Lol no way - we have 13 picks as it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    This is the fastest class i have seen sense following the combine. this set of WR should produce 2-3 4.2 guys Ruggs has been clocked in at 4.25 at alabama Hamler was clocked a 4.29 at Penn state. Raegor should also at worst run int he high 4.3 and Brandon Aiyuk also should run 4.3. i read an article about Shenault running 4.3 during his soph year at CU. There hasn't been a WR to run in the 4.2 sense ross. there may be 2 to 3 this draft class. the speed is crazy here.not to mention the guy who can run in the low 4.4 like lamb or Jeudy

i feel like Gruden will love Lamb. if he does then it will be interesting between the 2 bama WR. but i feel Lamb will fit ideal for what Gruden wants for a WR. he is big fast and physical. great after the catch. he is the best all around WR in this class and has some really highlight catches.
    You are right, Lamb looks like the all around #1 WR, which says a lot about him! The Raiders will likely want him at 12, but might have to compete for his services. Luckily for them, if he goes earlier, they can still land a stud without moving up. Then again, they can do really well at 19 too.
    Last edited by CanDB; 02-27-2020 at 01:15 PM.

Personally, I dont want us to take a WR in the 1st. I think there are guys that will be available in the 2nd and even 3rd who will be more than capable of coming in and being a great #1b

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    Lol no way - we have 13 picks as it is!
    You can never have to many pick if done right. In my scenario the two 2nds can help you get back in the first. Or if never hurts to start collecting picks for 2021.

Yeah, Chase Young would be amazing. I would be willing to give up;

2020 1st, 2nd, 3rd and our 2021 1st.

I know we have a lot of holes to fill but imagine this;

We re-sign:
    Conner McGovern and move him to RG
    Justin Simmons to long term deal

Add:
    BJ Finney to play C
    Joe Schobert our new ILB
    Prince Amukamara at CB

I guess live with Bolles at LT for one more year.

Draft:
    YOUNG
    a WR like KJ Hill
    a mid round CB
    a developmental LT

I could live with this;

Lock
    Lindsay
    Sutton
    Hill
    Hamilton
    Fant
    Bolles
    Risner
    Finney
    McGovern
    James

Young
    Jones
    Purcell
    Von
    Johnson
    Schobert
    Chubb
    Amukamara
    Callahan
    Simmons
    Jackson

Thatís a championship roster for the next 4-5 years. Young is a specimen, he would transform our defense and make everyone around him better. Who ya gonna block with Miller, Chubb, and Young breathing down your neck? Wow

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Yeah, Chase Young would be amazing. I would be willing to give up;

2020 1st, 2nd, 3rd and our 2021 1st.

I know we have a lot of holes to fill but imagine this;

We re-sign:
    Conner McGovern and move him to RG
    Justin Simmons to long term deal

Add:
    BJ Finney to play C
    Joe Schobert our new ILB
    Prince Amukamara at CB

I guess live with Bolles at LT for one more year.

Draft:
    YOUNG
    a WR like KJ Hill
    a mid round CB
    a developmental LT

I could live with this;

Lock
    Lindsay
    Sutton
    Hill
    Hamilton
    Fant
    Bolles
    Risner
    Finney
    McGovern
    James

Young
    Jones
    Purcell
    Von
    Johnson
    Schobert
    Chubb
    Amukamara
    Callahan
    Simmons
    Jackson

Thatís a championship roster for the next 4-5 years. Young is a specimen, he would transform our defense and make everyone around him better. Who ya gonna block with Miller, Chubb, and Young breathing down your neck? Wow
    Really interesting idea. I still think Washington sprints to the podium to draft Chase Young and doesn't consider any trade scenario. Sorry I am not an OSU fan ever, but he is the best player I have ever seen come out of that school.

I wonder if the Redskins are really liking Tua @2 or are they just playing games to get a team to trade up.

I would only trade up if one of the top OL start to fall.

I would prefer not to take a WR in the first round. I would be open to trading down to a team, like the Eagles, who are desperate for a #1 WR.