Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Trading Up?

Trading Up?

Saw this article and it got my wheels spinning.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nflmock...os-trades/amp/

So, my question to you...

If you had inside information that we WERE TRADING UP, who would you hope it was for and what would you be willing to give up.

(This is not a post about how we should trade back..)

If Chase Young falls to 3 (another team trading up to 2 for a QB), I would send our first, Von, and our 2nd up to Detroit in a hot second for Young. Keep our 3 3rds and do some good picking in the middle of the draft. The impact Bosa had for S.F. can not be minimized and having both Chubb and Young under team control for at least the next 3 years with a young QB could be an amazing foundation.
    I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
    I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
    I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
    "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
    God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
    Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

If Simmons falls anywhere from 6-10, I would consider trading up for him. If not stay there and go WR in 1st and OL in second or trade down and get Reagor in second and get more draft capital for the 2nd and 3rd rounds

Okudah or Simmons are the 2 that will have an immediate impact on our defense. Absolutely no WR worth chasing and I feel the same about OT.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmlb View Post
    If Chase Young falls to 3 (another team trading up to 2 for a QB), I would send our first, Von, and our 2nd up to Detroit in a hot second for Young. Keep our 3 3rds and do some good picking in the middle of the draft. The impact Bosa had for S.F. can not be minimized and having both Chubb and Young under team control for at least the next 3 years with a young QB could be an amazing foundation.
    Seems like a waste of our second round and no telling young will be as good as miller or bosa. Plus Miller brings good vet leadership

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

No one in this draft is worth trading up for, imo. Maybe Burrow but that isn't an option. Edge rusher is not needed and none of the other players are worth trading away a 2nd and maybe a 3rd for.

I would rather have a draft of players such as Thomas, KJ Hill, and DaVon Hamilton than just Chase Young.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    No one in this draft is worth trading up for, imo. Maybe Burrow but that isn't an option. Edge rusher is not needed and none of the other players are worth trading away a 2nd and maybe a 3rd for.

I would rather have a draft of players such as Thomas, KJ Hill, and DaVon Hamilton than just Chase Young.
    That's my take, too. Denver has nine picks which may increase to as many as a dozen when compensatory picks are awarded. I hope they stay true to their board and don't reach. Offers to trade down may come, and their response will depend on how the board seems to be shaping up at that moment. Elway has moved back and forth on the draft order many times before. It would be out of the ordinary if he stuck with all the draft picks as they are at the beginning of the Draft.

Denver has ninety-four on the roster at the moment, if I've counted correctly. Fifteen are UFAs and seven are RFAs. That doesn't include Joe Flacco, Ron Leary or anyone else under contract who might be released. After free agency there will be plenty of room for as many as a dozen draftees plus some UDFAs. Denver may head into the 2020 regular season as the youngest or one of the youngest teams in the league.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Chase Young is considered the best player in this draft by some (maybe most)….but the question one has to ask, is he worth our entire 2020 draft (in equivalent), because Denver's total draft value per my calculations is actually slightly less than what Detroit's 1st rounder is (2200 pts). So, if we do not include actual players, or future draft picks, does it seem right to give up one year's worth of draft picks for one player, when we might possibly find 3 or more starters (plus some backups) that can help change the direction of this club.

I would say no.

I would say no to Trading Up. Reasoning is who really in this Year's Draft is worth the cost to move up? Honestly No One Is. Actually I like the ideal of Trading Down only because if you look at what Denver was able to get in last year's draft a TE that can be the Next Kittle/Gronk/Kelce and Route 66 Risner and the Ultimate Prize a Starting QB for the Next 15-20 Years in Drew Lock so Trading Down would be something Denver could look at however No Looks should be in Trading Up.

I respectfully disagree. Obviously no one in the draft is a sure thing, but Young is rated higher than exceptional rushers that have come out recently. Miller is obviously a great player and there is history, but he is on the wrong side of 30. Give me a 22 yr old with 5 years of team control with a higher ceiling at this point. Our whole draft wouldn't be mortgaged as it would only include our first and second with Miller. we still would have three 3rds and 2 4ths. It would make us younger and cheaper without a dropoff (IMO) in play.
    "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1

I respectfully disagree. Obviously no one in the draft is a sure thing, but Young is rated higher than exceptional rushers that have come out recently. Miller is obviously a great player and there is history, but he is on the wrong side of 30. Give me a 22 yr old with 5 years of team control with a higher ceiling at this point. Our whole draft wouldn't be mortgaged as it would only include our first and second with Miller. we still would have three 3rds and 2 4ths. It would make us younger and cheaper without a dropoff (IMO) in play.
    Hey Andrew....I used "equivalents" in terms of what it would cost in this year's draft capital, just so that it gave a sense of perspective, which is clearly different than what you proposed. And it's the enormity of losing a whole year's draft picks for one player makes me a bit nervous.

Now, throwing in Miller quickly reduces the draft cost. But it should, because Miller is still a quality player.

I would sort of consider Miller and our 1st, but I am trusting you and all those who rank players, that Chase is that good. Definitely I would go Miller and a 2nd, maybe a later pick as well, based on this young man's resume.
    Last edited by CanDB; 02-05-2020 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Hey Andrew....I used "equivalents" in terms of what it would cost in this year's draft capital, just so that it gave a sense of perspective, which is clearly different than what you proposed. And it's the enormity of losing a whole year's draft picks for one player makes me a bit nervous.

Now, throwing in Miller quickly reduces the draft cost. But it should, because Miller is still a quality player.

I would sort of consider Miller and our 1st, but I am trusting you and all those who rank players, that Chase is that good. Definitely I would go Miller and a 2nd, maybe a later pick as well, based on this young man's resume.
    What up Dave! I just think it wise to move on from player while they have some value. If Miller can get us the best player in the draft at the same position I'm all for it. Hope you are well.

What up Dave! I just think it wise to move on from player while they have some value. If Miller can get us the best player in the draft at the same position I'm all for it. Hope you are well.
    I do agree with you, that it takes some real smarts to know when to move on, when the value is at a high level. If Chase Young is the future, then I would definitely consider a trade that includes Miller.....just not sure how much more to give in exchange. For sure we need a trade partner who wants Miller.

I'm fine...hope you are too!

Your theory does the same thing that happened with the Chubb pick. Taking a player at a position of strength and not upgrading any of the holes that currently exist.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 02-05-2020 at 01:33 PM.

Why not keep Miller and take someone at another position of need such as CB, S, Oline, DLine and improve the team as a whole.

Most teams that win consistently are not filled with superstars (outside of QB) but more solid teams from top to bottom. The Broncos need to make the team better as whole instead of trying to win with superstars, imo.