Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 74

Thread: Trading Up?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,741
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Why not keep Miller and take someone at another position of need such as CB, S, Oline, DLine and improve the team as a whole.

    Most teams that win consistently are not filled with superstars (outside of QB) but more solid teams from top to bottom. The Broncos need to make the team better as whole instead of trying to win with superstars, imo.
    Generally speaking I agree but there are real exceptions. For example would you not look at T.Hill as an exceptional player at his position? - DCs certainly do. In fact in most games we see coverages cheat his way. What about T.Kelce? I'd say he is top tier what 1st or 2nd TE in all of the NFL. Then they have Ford and Mattieu. On the flipside of that last SB may be the best comp to why dline can win you the SB. The 49ers dline has 3 or 4 1st rounders....

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    266
    Just throwing this out there. What do you all make of this??

    http://twitter.com/MileHighReport/st...90872640937985

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,400
    Quote Originally Posted by DN1218 View Post
    Just throwing this out there. What do you all make of this??

    http://twitter.com/MileHighReport/st...90872640937985

    Fake News that’s what I make of this.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    917
    Too early for Burrow this year....maybe seeing what it would take for moving up for Trevor next year if things don't work out this year

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,548
    Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    It would be a hard sell for me to get rid of one of our best players and leader who plays a position that is a strentgth plus a valuable pick just to put an unproven player in his place and not use the pick to fill holes that really need addressed. I do not see that as a move forward at this point. We are liable to end up with another hole and one less top pick.

    I think we have some very good talent on both sides of the ball and 12 picks to address issues including st. And Fa of course. I say let’s keep as many of our vets who are playing well and and have adjusted to Vics scheme and concentrate on getting better in places where where we don’t have that luxury. Jmo
    '
    You have to factor in the 10M in cap savings you would have from replacing VM with Young (as an example). Is Miller and #15 pick better talent than say Young and Wolfe? I am not saying yes or no, just that the cap saving would need to be factored into the equation. Also need to think next 5 years, not just 2020.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    Generally speaking I agree but there are real exceptions. For example would you not look at T.Hill as an exceptional player at his position? - DCs certainly do. In fact in most games we see coverages cheat his way. What about T.Kelce? I'd say he is top tier what 1st or 2nd TE in all of the NFL. Then they have Ford and Mattieu. On the flipside of that last SB may be the best comp to why dline can win you the SB. The 49ers dline has 3 or 4 1st rounders....
    I would say they have Kelce and Hill. Ford is a 49er. Mathieu, I wouldn't put in a top tier category.

    49ers haven't won consistently yet. We will see what the Chiefs can after they pay mahomes $40M per.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    3,507
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    Too early for Burrow this year....maybe seeing what it would take for moving up for Trevor next year if things don't work out this year
    I like Burrow more than Lawrence.
    Trevor needs to work a little bit on his accuracy. (IMO)

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Way far away.
    Posts
    1,241
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Chase Young is considered the best player in this draft by some (maybe most)….but the question one has to ask, is he worth our entire 2020 draft (in equivalent), because Denver's total draft value per my calculations is actually slightly less than what Detroit's 1st rounder is (2200 pts). So, if we do not include actual players, or future draft picks, does it seem right to give up one year's worth of draft picks for one player, when we might possibly find 3 or more starters (plus some backups) that can help change the direction of this club.

    I would say no.
    I don't have the chart handy, but 12 picks total less than 2200 pts.? That seems unlikely, but regardless, I think most teams seeking an outside pass rusher (What Young is) would take Miller, a first and a second. But maybe I'm crazy.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    36,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    I don't have the chart handy, but 12 picks total less than 2200 pts.? That seems unlikely, but regardless, I think most teams seeking an outside pass rusher (What Young is) would take Miller, a first and a second. But maybe I'm crazy.
    # - Value
    15 - 1050
    46 - 440
    77 - 205
    83 - 175
    95 - 120
    115 - 64
    134 - 39
    178 - 20.2
    181 - 19
    237 - 1
    251 - 1
    254 - 1
    12 selections = 2,135.2

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,562
    If wirfs willis thomas or becton gets to 15 taking one of them. Then moving back into the first to take hamler or raegor would be a good move I feel.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,562
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I would say they have Kelce and Hill. Ford is a 49er. Mathieu, I wouldn't put in a top tier category.

    49ers haven't won consistently yet. We will see what the Chiefs can after they pay mahomes $40M per.
    Frank clark maybe is who he is talking about

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Red 98 - Red 98
    Posts
    15,414
    Any idea what kind of draft capital the Broncos will have not this draft but NEXT draft? Should Lock turn out to be a disappointment, it'd be nice to be in a position to take a QB if need to
    Red 98

    Kareem rises to the top

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,995
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Any idea what kind of draft capital the Broncos will have not this draft but NEXT draft? Should Lock turn out to be a disappointment, it'd be nice to be in a position to take a QB if need to
    We have all and only our original draft picks in 2021. Our team is going to be better than it was this year, or about even. I say 8-8 is the worst case scenario and 11-5 at best. It would be disastrous to approach this year’s draft with the mindset of having some sort of draft capital “insurance policy” in the chance that Lock doesn’t progress next year. The team is better off maximizing their picks to improve the roster all-around (especially where we have positions that need a talent injection and overall depth). This way, if we do need a new QB in 2021 or beyond, the roster is in good shape to where we can afford to “sell the farm” to get our guy and still be a playoff contender.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,995
    I’m starting to think the talent-gap between Tier 1 WR’s (Jeudy and Lamb) and Tier 2 WR’s is bigger than I originally thought.

    I understand that we need a complementary piece to Sutton, but I am salivating at the thought of adding a “complete“ WR opposite of our Pro Bowler (as opposed to a burner type like Ruggs, Reagor, or Hamler).

    To me, it comes down to a question of— would you rather have a OBJ/Hopkins type opposite of Sutton OR a DJax/John Brown kind of guy. I don’t think Ruggs is Tyreek Hill. We always get 4.3 guys in the draft every year but a Tyreek-type of athlete and football player is so rare.

    I prefer Jeudy over Lamb, but I think both could be Top 5 WR’s in this league one day.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Coast, Denmark
    Posts
    8,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    I don't have the chart handy, but 12 picks total less than 2200 pts.? That seems unlikely, but regardless, I think most teams seeking an outside pass rusher (What Young is) would take Miller, a first and a second. But maybe I'm crazy.
    The old Cowboys value chart (first overall pick = 3000 points) is no longer employed in the NFL. Nowadays, the value actually changes on a year-to-year basis.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •