Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any circumstances you'd get a QB?

Are there any reasonable circumstances where you'd get another QB? If Burrow, Tua, Herbert were available at 15 would you take them? Would you trade Lock and a couple of picks for any of them?

Would you sign Brees, Brady, Bridgewater, Cam if they gave use a team-friendly deal for some reason? Would you trade our 1st for Taysom Hill if he becomes a restricted free agent?

I like Lock. He is young and has already made a positive impact. He will probably get better sooner than later, maybe a lot better. The upside outweighs the downside for me, by a long shot. He has a powerful arm, is more accurate than we were led on to believe, is mobile, has a quick release when required, and from what I can tell, is popular with his mates. Plus he is saying and doing all the right things, that I can tell. IMO, we have our franchise QB.

So unless we got a deal of a lifetime, because my MO is to always listen, given desperate folks will sell you their farms....I say build around him, and not look to replace.

But I would not be against drafting a QB more towards the mid rounds, if there is a gem in the bunch. BPA is also a good strategy, and if we can find a quality backup, or someone whose value may increase in due time, it might be wise to consider.

I just think if any of those 3 guys are available at #15 it means they got in trouble or have a serious injury setback. In that case we don't want the risk. I like what I have seen so far from Lock. Brees doesn't want to be in Denver. Elway doesn't want to pay Brady 30+ million this year. Bridgewater is better than our backup but, IMO, a wash vs Lock. Taysom Hill has some real upside but not our 1st rd pick for him. Cam, well he's just as much a risk as playing an inexperienced Lock because he can't stay healthy and you would end up playing your backup anyway.

If you get a chance to steal a 4th rd QB that you are convinced is way better than our back up sure.

I wouldn’t spend a ton of capital on it, but if there’s a guy we like from the 5th round on I wouldn’t be against it. If we get Viska in the draft I think it would be wise to get Montez at some point because he would already have chemistry with 2 of our WRs from their days together in college and he has some skills worth developing.

I would not take a injury or character question guy. With that in mind if a QB was BPA than I would take it. Considering how often QBs are reached for in today's NFL I doubt we see a QB as BPA.
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Are there any reasonable circumstances where you'd get another QB? If Burrow, Tua, Herbert were available at 15 would you take them? Would you trade Lock and a couple of picks for any of them?

Would you sign Brees, Brady, Bridgewater, Cam if they gave use a team-friendly deal for some reason? Would you trade our 1st for Taysom Hill if he becomes a restricted free agent?
    I would say no to the scenarios you list. Need a good backup, but that's outside the scope of your thread.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

If luck came out of retirement a free agent. And wanted to play at a minimum wage. I’d consider another QB other than lock....
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post

No....to all of it. Lock has shown enough to warrant a shot at starting. We need him and his cheap rookie contract to build a great team. We would just be wasting valuable recourses imo

I pretty much agree with all the other comments. I asked the question because I find it interesting how our outlook on QB has changed so much in a few months. During the Flacco "era" and not knowing enough about Lock, I was thinking about ways we could draft one of the top QBs.

If Burrow were there at 15, I would run to the podium myself to turn in the card for him.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    If Burrow were there at 15, I would run to the podium myself to turn in the card for him.
    That would happen about the same time that pigs would be detected on air traffic control radar.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    While screaming “Burrow!” all the way up there.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    That would happen about the same time that pigs would be detected on air traffic control radar.
    I think I saw that today

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    While screaming “Burrow!” all the way up there.
    very possible hahahahha

Only scenario I can think of is next year's draft if Lock flops this season. Right now, no reason to believe anyone we could realistically get has less risk or higher upside. Could be an entirely different conversation next year depending on how the season plays out.