Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please bring Tom Brady as we did with Peyton Manning

Please bring Tom Brady as we did with Peyton Manning and it will be free maerketing, free media, of course in addition to bringing an above average professional and athlete and we will still be SB champions again, focusing on Draft in OL to protect QB and on top of that Drew Lock will learn as well as Jimmy Garoppolo and will be the future of the franchise.
    We will make this masterpiece and prove how big the Broncos are and we will have in History the 3 QB HOF, Elway, Manning and Brady, it would be incredible for the history of the franchise.
    Of course we had other excellent QBs but these three are incredible.
    Unfortunately, I still can't afford to go personally to fulfill my dream of watching a game at Empower Field at Mile High, but that's my goal, I want to see Von Miller, Bradley Chubb, Noah Fant, Royce Freeman, Phillip Lindsay, Dalton Risner and maybe Drew Lock or Tom Brady orchestrating this incredible base of players and the other great players on the team.
    Thanks and greetings from a passionate fan of the Denver Broncos.

Please don't bring in Tom Brady. Let's roll with Drew Lock. And let's start developing young quarterbacks here.

I don't hate the idea, but I wouldn't go that route myself.

If we were to do something drastic I think it would be worth the gamble to pay someone like Taysom Hill with the notion that he has the leg up. Let a true QB competition happen, let the best man win. If Lock beats him out we have an expensive (yet productive) gadget player while we still would be "within" the QB salary hit (combined).
    Again, this is only IF we were going to do something drastic at the position.

We must be running out of things to talk about. This is ludicrous....

Lol , agree with the above responses. For one Tom Brady always had a tough time playing here haha.....anyways , its Drew Lock all the way .

Drew Lock will be the Denver Broncos Starting QB for the Next 15-20 Years. No More Over The Hill QB's No More Retreads No More Washed Up Has Beens QB's with noodles for arms and that is what Tom Brady is. Let him go to the Las Vegas Raiders please because they would be so easy to beat.

After starting him the last 5 games and seeing him lead the team to a 4-1 record I couldnít do it. This isnít a Tebow situation, Lock has tools you can develop. Plus this is a young offense, I donít think our young guys have gelled with the vet retreads weíve brought in the past few years. They seem to relate to Lock and play harder for him. Donít get me wrong theyíd play hard for Brady too, but theyíd also probably play stiff because they donít want to make a mistake whereas with Lock theyíre just letting loose and having fun.

Although Brady would probably have Bolles benched if he had another multi hold multi sack game

Quote Originally Posted by Rictraldi View Post
    Please bring Tom Brady as we did with Peyton Manning and it will be free maerketing, free media, of course in addition to bringing an above average professional and athlete and we will still be SB champions again, focusing on Draft in OL to protect QB and on top of that Drew Lock will learn as well as Jimmy Garoppolo and will be the future of the franchise.
    We will make this masterpiece and prove how big the Broncos are and we will have in History the 3 QB HOF, Elway, Manning and Brady, it would be incredible for the history of the franchise.
    Of course we had other excellent QBs but these three are incredible.
    Unfortunately, I still can't afford to go personally to fulfill my dream of watching a game at Empower Field at Mile High, but that's my goal, I want to see Von Miller, Bradley Chubb, Noah Fant, Royce Freeman, Phillip Lindsay, Dalton Risner and maybe Drew Lock or Tom Brady orchestrating this incredible base of players and the other great players on the team.
    Thanks and greetings from a passionate fan of the Denver Broncos.

OlŠ!

I like your passion...maybe partly due to the enthusiastic place you live!

Like my peers here, I must say no to Brady. It is a different situation than when Manning came here. Manning was coming off an injury, but the reports gave the feeling that he could still be a quality QB....which was verified by the way he broke records while here. Our O was electric for at least 2 seasons. Plus he helped us reach the SB twice in just four seasons. With his arrival, we quickly became a threat, partly because of the players that signed up to join him in Mile High. And he seemed to want to come here in the first place. It was a glorious time!

Brady is declining in value, and I can not see him adding a load of value here, now. He needs a really good Oline and a number of targets. Plus I highly doubt he wants to play here. Not his type of location.

But you did make a good point, it would be something to say that we had Elway, Manning and Brady as QBs in this great city!

But it should not, and won't happen. Besides, we got a young stud who's just going to improve, and make football fun for years ahead, along with the team he has around him.

You cannot compare Tom Brady of today to where Peyton Manning was when we brought him in back in 2012. Two completely different scenarios. For better or worse, we need to find out what we have in Drew Lock.

Also, I don't really mind Tom Brady as a person, but at this stage in his career, I have zero faith in him as a player. For that reason alone, I don't want him anywhere near the Broncos.

Let's also not forget that Peyton Manning created a legacy here. I'm not going to disrespect that by bringing in his arch rival. That would be weird.
    Last edited by BroncosDivision; 02-11-2020 at 09:41 AM.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

I would not mind bringing in a vet to backup Lock and help him grow.

Not really interested in Brady tho. Understand why a fan may want Brady but I think Lock has shown enough to think he will be our QB of the future. We should work on building Lock up imo
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

TB could realize on any given sunday this year, that his wheels are falling off and I wouldn't want it to be in Denver.

While I am not 100 percent online with the other - "no than you's" here. I am closer to their stance then I am to say yes let's bring him in. There are a few things which I think many are forgetting:

1 when Manning came here there was a huge risk that hed not be able to play at a high level again.

2 Tom has stated he wants to play until he's 45. So that would take his signing to the last year of Locks deal. Perhaps not a bad thing.

3 Tom generally speaking passes the ball very fast. I can see him doing just fine behind our oline.

4 we have some space. With who we have on the team now I could see us being in a good spot from a skills position perspective.

And lastly. Drew had almost zero expectations on him last season. If he becomes "the guy" we need to accept that he may not rise to meet expectation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    While I am not 100 percent online with the other - "no than you's" here. I am closer to their stance then I am to say yes let's bring him in. There are a few things which I think many are forgetting:

1 when Manning came here there was a huge risk that hed not be able to play at a high level again.

2 Tom has stated he wants to play until he's 45. So that would take his signing to the last year of Locks deal. Perhaps not a bad thing.

3 Tom generally speaking passes the ball very fast. I can see him doing just fine behind our oline.

4 we have some space. With who we have on the team now I could see us being in a good spot from a skills position perspective.

And lastly. Drew had almost zero expectations on him last season. If he becomes "the guy" we need to accept that he may not rise to meet expectation.
    Even if Drew is NOT the "Guy". We can draft Trevor next year.

Iím going with no. I can understand the reasoning just think it is the wrong direction to go with Brady.

Brady is already showing signs of decline. I really donít want the Broncos to be stuck with his estimated $40m price tag as the wheels fall off. I have a hard time believing that Brady just walks into any locker room and flawlessly blends in with players, OC and system.. Brady is at least a couple year commitment to get to a SB level. Iím skeptical he isnít the weak link by then.

Lastly, Iím ready for rallying behind a young QB and building something with longevity. I have no clue why f Lock is that guy but Iím willing to watch the development to see if he is.

Prefer they pass on Brady or any of the other QBs likely available soon and use the cap and draft assets to build a young team. Give aShurmur some players and time and see what happens. JMO

Also have to look at the overall team. Broncos have a lot of cap to use but multiple players to re-sign or replace. Brady uses up quite a chunk.
    Last edited by FR Tim; 02-12-2020 at 07:17 AM.

I like Drew Lock, (other than him being a KC CHIEFS FANBOY) I think he is going to be a good Starting QB for Us.
    Hopefully he didn't get a giant KC CHIEFS SB 54 CHAMPS TATTOO !