• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sam_Z
    Banned User
    • Dec 2004

Broncos inquiring about Stefon Diggs

Sorry if there already is a thread on this.

I’m hearing that the broncos may offer a second as well as Tim Patrick or Desean Hamilton in a trade for Diggs.

Kubiak is the new OC in Minnesota and he’s very familiar with the Broncos offensive roster. There is even speculation that he may ask for either Freeman or Booker.

I’d trade Freeman first, Booker may not be worth a darn as a rusher but he’s a pretty good blocker and pass catcher out of the back field but there’s a still the chance that we resign Riddick to fill that role.

Also Paul Richardson is still very fast and would add veteran leadership so I’d pursue him as well.

Go out and get both guys and then focus on O-line and Defense in the draft. Maybe forget about Ruggs but instead get KJ Hamler in the third!
  • skeeter01
    Football Immortal
    • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Sorry if there already is a thread on this.

I’m hearing that the broncos may offer a second as well as Tim Patrick or Desean Hamilton in a trade for Diggs.

Kubiak is the new OC in Minnesota and he’s very familiar with the Broncos offensive roster. There is even speculation that he may ask for either Freeman or Booker.

I’d trade Freeman first, Booker may not be worth a darn as a rusher but he’s a pretty good blocker and pass catcher out of the back field but there’s a still the chance that we resign Riddick to fill that role.

Also Paul Richardson is still very fast and would add veteran leadership so I’d pursue him as well.

Go out and get both guys and then focus on O-line and Defense in the draft. Maybe forget about Ruggs but instead get KJ Hamler in the third!
    I'd rather not give up our first or second.....we have three thirds.....would 2 thirds equal a 2nd ? that would still leave us 1 pick in each round.

Comment

• Sam_Z
      Banned User
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
      I'd rather not give up our first or second.....we have three thirds.....would 2 thirds equal a 2nd ? that would still leave us 1 pick in each round.
      I would definitely not give up a first, not even for PFM but two 3s wouldn’t be bad.

Diggs is only 26 but I’d be curious to see what type of pay he commands because we’ll have to pay Sutton sooner or later.
      Last edited by Sam_Z; 02-15-2020, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
        Football Immortal
        • Mar 2017

Honestly I think Diggs would eat up a lot a cap that we currently have so I think there are better options like getting Robbie from the NJ Jets. The kid is fast and can take the Top Off. What you get for the Price of Diggs you can get Robbie a ton of other players. Plus honestly Diggs can act like a Diva if things do not go his way. So I actually think Diggs would be a Cancer so I would say no.

Comment

• johnlimburg
          Ring of Famer
          • Sep 2009

Elway often has made a habit out of spending 2nd and 3rd round picks on terrible players, why not make another horrible move using the same draft capital ? To inherit his contract, as well as give up that pick in a very deep reciever draft, it would be idiotic, and wouldn't surprise me one bit. I also don't like pairing Pre-Madonna receivers who demand the ball with young developing quarterbacks. Young quarterbacks need to learn to play within the offense, not be pressured by a veteran demanding the ball, bad mix.

Comment

• beastlyskronk
            Football Immortal
            • Jun 2007

Diggs is a great receiver, although he seemed to get a big head from his success. On one hand I can see him being frustrated if he’s not getting the ball enough and disrupting the offense, however on the other hand his experience within the offense (having already played in it) can really get the young core on the fast track to success within it.

I’d be ok with it if the deal was a 3rd, a WR, and a later round pick or a pick next year.

Comment

• JvDub95
              Football Immortal
              • Jan 2005

I wouldn't be completely against it, I would much rather just draft one though with it being such a good WR draft

​​​​

Comment

• Murph2432
                Playmaker
                • Sep 2008

For $14m this year and $15m next year is too much for him.

Comment

• FR Tim
                  Football Immortal
                  • Jul 2013

Diggs is talented, but so are several WRs available in the first and second rounds. For $2-5m per year the next four years.

Would Diggs be that much better?

Prefer they spend that extra $10m + on other players at other positions? Starting C? Dominant Dlineman or CB?

Comment

• JvDub95
                    Football Immortal
                    • Jan 2005

I see you his being a move the Pats are going to make

​​​​

Comment

• Letswinplz77
                      Playmaker
                      • Oct 2007

Feel free to disagree if you want, and most of you will, but if we make a trade or Stefon Diggs, my gut tells me it isn't to pair with Drew Lock. Think about it. If you're trying to lay the groundwork to sign a historic free agent, again, and you need weapons on the roster to do so, you can't wait for free agency and you definitely can't wait for the draft. Active imagination probably, but you never know.
                      All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

• JvDub95
                        Football Immortal
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
                        Feel free to disagree if you want, and most of you will, but if we make a trade or Stefon Diggs, my gut tells me it isn't to pair with Drew Lock. Think about it. If you're trying to lay the groundwork to sign a historic free agent, again, and you need weapons on the roster to do so, you can't wait for free agency and you definitely can't wait for the draft. Active imagination probably, but you never know.
                        So you're saying that IF we make a trade for Diggs it will be for some other QB??? Some other QB that would cost a 3rd of our cap space? So, we sign some over the hill QB for an extreme price and take on Diggs contract so all we get out of this off-season is an over used QB, a diva WR and no offensive line to protect?? I wouldn't listen to your gut anymore...

​​​​

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                          Captain
                          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                          Elway often has made a habit out of spending 2nd and 3rd round picks on terrible players, why not make another horrible move using the same draft capital ? To inherit his contract, as well as give up that pick in a very deep reciever draft, it would be idiotic, and wouldn't surprise me one bit. I also don't like pairing Pre-Madonna receivers who demand the ball with young developing quarterbacks. Young quarterbacks need to learn to play within the offense, not be pressured by a veteran demanding the ball, bad mix.
                          I disagree with your take that Elway only drafts terrible players in the 2nd or 3rd, or in fact that it's a "habit". Elway has gotten better over time in finding talent on day 2 of the draft, and I'd say the last 2 years have been extremely promising.
                          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• johnlimburg
                            Ring of Famer
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                            I disagree with your take that Elway only drafts terrible players in the 2nd or 3rd, or in fact that it's a "habit". Elway has gotten better over time in finding talent on day 2 of the draft, and I'd say the last 2 years have been extremely promising.
                            Agreed, the last 2 years have been improved, but before that he was just flat out bad, and for a good number of years. Sutton, Lock, Risner, and Jones all look like potential core players on this team. Imagine if he could of hit like that throughout those Manning years preparing for the future, we might not be in this situation of being perennial losers like we are. Elway needs to find more instant impact this year, and in 2021 with the hopeful development of Lock, we could be a serious threat.

Comment

• dizzolve
                              Orange Rush
                              • Mar 2009

I love Diggs ......always try to slot him in draftkings if price permits.........would have loved him in fantasy...........but I don't like the primadonna aspects of his personality. We don't need his bloated contract when there are (from what I understand) a plethora of WR's in the draft who'll cost next to nothing right now.

Diggs is a risky choice in my opinion
                              The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Working...
                              X