Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Darius Slay

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    The Jets do a lot of confusing things so I wouldn’t read too much into that. Anderson hasn’t had a very good QB or an oline for his QB or another good WR opposite of him as well as his undrafted status which forced him to rise through the depth chart.

But the big difference between them I’d say is that I think Anderson has better hands for one (1 drop last season) and he has much more potential as a route runner where as I think Perriman caps out as an Ashley Lelie one trick pony type of WR. Plus I think Perriman benefitted from Winston’s propensity to hold onto the ball for forever and a day as well as Mayfield last season when he had a mini run like what he did with the Bucs. The ceiling may be similar but the floor is vastly different
    I agree with you that the floor is lower for Perriman but the cost is lower also. It is a risk reward proposition. Anderson is 26 years old, in the prime of his career with young QB on a rookie contract.... and his team doesn't seem to want him? The PFF site is predicting 4 years at 13.3 million per year for Anderson. I have seen other sites between 10-14. Also predicting Perriman at 1 year 7 million guarantee

I would rather sign Perriman to a 2 year 15 million contract 5 million guaranteed in first year. Give us an out for year 2.

Then Draft a WR or 2

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Lions are shopping him again and Denver could be in the mix. Last season before the deadline they were in talks with each other that would have swapped our star CB for theirs. Maybe this would be a better option than paying extra for a FA?
    I don't know if we're still in the mix with Bouye coming here, but I'd love to see Slay in Denver. He or Jones would make this secondary beastly again.

Quote Originally Posted by myoung View Post
    I agree with you that the floor is lower for Perriman but the cost is lower also. It is a risk reward proposition. Anderson is 26 years old, in the prime of his career with young QB on a rookie contract.... and his team doesn't seem to want him? The PFF site is predicting 4 years at 13.3 million per year for Anderson. I have seen other sites between 10-14. Also predicting Perriman at 1 year 7 million guarantee

I would rather sign Perriman to a 2 year 15 million contract 5 million guaranteed in first year. Give us an out for year 2.

Then Draft a WR or 2
    Perriman has SOOOO MUCH SPEED. I think he'd pair well with Sutton honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Doubt we sign Slay now with Bouye on contract. My guess is we pick up Amukamura
    Well, the thing to keep in mind is we share a division with Mahomes...You win the division with strong defense and that's going to mean spending the money to make that happen. Slay or Jones still make sense, especially since we can cut flacco and leary and be sitting pretty good capwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I don't know if we're still in the mix with Bouye coming here, but I'd love to see Slay in Denver. He or Jones would make this secondary beastly again.
    I think it takes us out of the trade market although Iíd still love to make the Josh Jackson move but I still believe Jones is very much in play.

Perriman has SOOOO MUCH SPEED. I think he'd pair well with Sutton honestly.
    I totally agree with you. I think he would give us an extra dimension. I really like the idea of signing him to a shorter contract that is mostly guaranteed

Well, the thing to keep in mind is we share a division with Mahomes...You win the division with strong defense and that's going to mean spending the money to make that happen. Slay or Jones still make sense, especially since we can cut flacco and leary and be sitting pretty good capwise.
    We can have good cap this year, but next year is where it hurts, and the next. If we pick up Slay we give up 50+ million in just the secondary, so I dont know if they are going to do that. I would love to have Slay, but I dont think they want to do that before getting some Dline help

We can have good cap this year, but next year is where it hurts, and the next. If we pick up Slay we give up 50+ million in just the secondary, so I dont know if they are going to do that. I would love to have Slay, but I dont think they want to do that before getting some Dline help
    I agree with you. I think we are done with big money long term contracts in the secondary, for now. The nice thing about a trade for a low round draft pick is that it wonít affect our compensatory pick analysis next year.

I believe any other secondary moves (outside of signing Simmons) will be in the second wave of FA or the draft.

I donít think we should have 4 secondary players at 10 million + per year and Callahan at 8. That would be terrible cap management, IMO of course.

I totally agree with you. Spend big here on the secondary and trade up for simmons. We would now have a SB caliber defense again,

We also have a lot of our talent on offense on rookie deals for years to come.

We also have a lot of our talent on offense on rookie deals for years to come.
    That's exactly right. Now is the time to spend big with our stud QB on a rookie deal.

Trade for Slay. Talib AND Chris Harris made our secondary dangerous. One couldn't have done it without the other. We need another stud. We might get a guy like the DT from Auburn to slide to us at 15, and BAM, our Defense scares the heck out of every offense on the planet, even the Chiefs'.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    Trade for Slay. Talib AND Chris Harris made our secondary dangerous. One couldn't have done it without the other. We need another stud. We might get a guy like the DT from Auburn to slide to us at 15, and BAM, our Defense scares the heck out of every offense on the planet, even the Chiefs'.
    Slay is going to the Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Slay is going to the Eagles
    Yep, just saw this. Oh well. Guess we'll have to hope Bouye can be a #1. Amukamara still a possibility I guess, unless he's somewhere else also.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

So grateful we didnít spend this kind of money in our already expensive secondary