Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I mean anything can happen in the NFL, but the Broncos finally have a promising looking young QB on an entry level contract, it doesn't seem to be a very logical move. And no disrespect to Teddy Bridgewater (I was lobbying for Denver to get him the year they ended up with Keenum) but I'm not sure at this point it's clear that he's a real big upgrade at the position. At least to the point of moving away from Lock and giving out a big contract.

He played well last year in the games Brees missed, but the New Orleans offense is best described as a finished product (some players might move, but the offensive design and the types of players in each position are set), whereas Denver is a young offense, that's going to be a new system, and still lots of things to be worked out. So I'm not sure it's an apples to apples comparison to say Bridgewater played well in that developed system, so he'd play well here.

As for the links between Bridgewater and Shurmur, those are tenuous at best. In 2016 the offense Bridgewater learned in the offseason and camp (before he was injured) was Norv Turner's offense, Shurmur was just the TE coach that season until Norv Turner stepped down in November at which time Shurmur became interim OC. Yes Bridgewater was with the team in 2017 under Shurmur's offense, but he wasn't cleared to start practicing until mid-October of that year and didn't come off the PUP list until early November. From there he saw action in exactly 1 game, going 0 for 2 with an interception.

I really don't see any clear link between Shurmur and Bridgewater. He had him practice for half a season, and put him in a game for one series, that doesn't seem like evidence. You have more evidence to link Shurmur with Sam Bradford since Shurmur has been his OC in 3 different places. Or Nick Foles since he played for Shurmur for 2 seasons. Both have much stronger links than Bridgewater and both would be much cheaper.

But again there's really no chance this likely happens.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Anything in life is possible but there is no way TB is coming here.

TB will only sign somewhere he is almost guaranteed of starting, and will get a contract that is starter money. That is a Fact.

So Denver would have to put a good chunk of its money to signing him ahead of other key areas that need to be addressed, while canning a QB who looked pretty good when he got some PT and who they spent a round 2 pick on recently.

Just not going to happen.

60% of the time, it works every time.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Closed for cleaning.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Let's stay on topic and keep the personal stuff out.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "