Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Are You Pumped About The Coming Season??

I sure am!!

Not since The Manning days, when we were breaking records, going to The SB and yes, winning one, I have not felt as good as I do now. Shall we say, those interim years were not the way I had hoped they'd go. But those days are gone, and lets look forward. And here we are, within a week of The Combine. It's time to really enjoy!!

I can write a long essay on why I am so pumped, but I will spare you, and just go with the highlights, as I see them:

1) I believe we have found our franchise QB, and he is just getting his feet wet so to speak. Going 4 and 1 will have boosted whatever confidence he needed, and he has so much time to improve upon the fabulous tools he brings to the table. Strong arm, more accurate than many had projected, quick release when needed, mobile, likable, teachable, good attitude.
    2) We already have skilled youth weapons on O, in Lindsay, Sutton and hopefully Fant. I can see Lindsay and Sutton being pro bowlers for plenty of years. This offseason, we can add instant O by acquiring at least one quality WR, to make Sutton even more dangerous. There are plenty of good options, and it's almost a given we can get better.
    3) Our Oline still needs work, but Risner was a great selection, and with some resourcing in FA and/or The Draft, we could end up with the best Oline we've had in years. FA is expensive, so would not be too unhappy with our #1 draft pick solidifying the front. But imagine how good this O will perform with any improvement on the Oline, a more experienced Lock, Sutton and Lindsay of course!
    4) I believe our goal is to become a top 5 D within 1-2 years, and with some healthy capital (FA and Draft), we should shore up whatever deficiencies we may have, including possible loss of at least one quality vet. Simmons is way ahead of my expectation, and Chubb is returning. And we have the coaching. Look out!!

Hey, there may be an extra playoff position available this coming season, which could benefit us. But even so, I am more pumped about the long term future of this team. I see a bright path for many years....and I am excited to sit back and watch it unfold. Even if it takes another year or two before we become lethal. But I feel it's coming.

What about you?

Yes. We have a young quarterback, a young fresh outfit of players emerging, a competent coaching staff worthy of the titles they hold, and we haven't even entered free agency or the draft yet where we hold 4 picks inside the top 100. I'm not a fan of overpaying free agents, but we also have to burn if we choose to. With another good draft, a season of development for Lock, and a few well placed free agency signings, 2020 is going to be a building block to a successful 2021 and beyond.

I won't be pumped unitl the Monday after the draft. At the point the free agent feeding frenzy will be over and our near term future will have been set in motion.

I'm always excited about the next season. This year is different in one regard though; we've year after year after year of being good/great on one side of the ball and average or worse on the other. I'm not just talking about the last few with the Defense clearly being the better unit. It goes back to the being of the century. Shanahan had good/great offenses and could never seem to get the D on track. 2013 we were the best offense...EVER....and the D wasn't even close. Then all of a sudden we're great on D and below average on O.

But THIS year, this one coming up, I honestly believe we have a shot at fielding top 10 units on both sides of the ball. We need CB help and we need another dynamic weapon on offense, but I believe we can do it.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Fielding a football team has three steps: get football players; coach football players; and, play football games.

Elway has nine draft picks and may end up with three more. He will have a lot of cap space and may have more if he releases some players.

Vic Fangio has an experienced coaching staff who have proven success in this league.

Defense is expected to continue where they left off and continue to be more effective. Buzz Lightyear has new contacts at Star Command and is ready to go to infinity and beyond.

Each of the three steps has the possibility of greatly improving Denver's performance this year. I'm excited.

BLAM! BLAM!

100% pumped, this season will be my first trip to Denver, just have to pray it isn't our bye week during the week when I've booked!

I am very excited

For the first time in years we have legit hope in the offense turning it around. Lock and Risner were great pick ups. Sutton is turning into a star in this league. The TE group started to make plays with Lock under center. Lindsay is a great back. Shoot even the OL had better performance numbers with Lock under center. The added experience at coaching should really help as well.

The defense should also get better imo with year 2 under the current system.

Every offseason is tough with 32 teams trying to get better. I think our coaches work well with the front office in making a plan for the off season. We got a good amount of resources in cap space and draft picks. IMO all we have to do is get better in the off season and we will see the results on the field. Should we strike a few home runs in the off season....we may see some magic in 2020.
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

Canít say Iím pumped, but it is nice to feel like we might have a franchise quarterback.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Fielding a football team has three steps: get football players; coach football players; and, play football games.

Elway has nine draft picks and may end up with three more. He will have a lot of cap space and may have more if he releases some players.

Vic Fangio has an experienced coaching staff who have proven success in this league.

Defense is expected to continue where they left off and continue to be more effective. Buzz Lightyear has new contacts at Star Command and is ready to go to infinity and beyond.

Each of the three steps has the possibility of greatly improving Denver's performance this year. I'm excited.

BLAM! BLAM!
    Sam you said it! You're excited. That's good! I am excited as well.

Does this team not pump you up???

Quote Originally Posted by EvertonBroncos View Post
    100% pumped, this season will be my first trip to Denver, just have to pray it isn't our bye week during the week when I've booked!
    Your have a great time, Denver is a lovely city. Just wondering though, why wouldn't you wait until the schedule is released before booking ? Then you could pick the game you want to see.

I have been to see the Broncos at home 3 times, and 2 were epic games, but I have never seen a SNF or MNF game so that would be awesome.

I agree the future looks bright. Now lets see is CHJ stays a Bronco ? We seem to let some talent walk because the cost $$$. Surprised me he is listed as a top 10 free agent with all that experience, lets have him retire a Bronco.

Next season the Kansas games will tell us much and getting a ticket to the Patriots home game v/s Broncos (Wish List). I'm pump'ed !

Quote Originally Posted by colowoz View Post
    I agree the future looks bright. Now lets see is CHJ stays a Bronco ? We seem to let some talent walk because the cost $$$. Surprised me he is listed as a top 10 free agent with all that experience, lets have him retire a Bronco.

Next season the Kansas games will tell us much and getting a ticket to the Patriots home game v/s Broncos (Wish List). I'm pump'ed !
    I am expecting a large dose of reality to set in for Harris when free agency starts. He seems to think he is going to be pushing the top of the cornerback market as a 30 plus year old, declining, often exposed, slower cornerback. I think he is a prime candidate for a 2 year deal worth around about what he earned this year, not much more like he thinks he is worth. I have grown tired of his complaining and blaming on the field, and his overall attitude.

There are a few veteran cornerbacks available this off-season who will cost less than Harris, and who don't have this over inflated opinion of themselves. I also think losing him doesn't change much as we probably grab a talented top 100 player at the position, and sign a middle of the road free agent as well. I'll be less excited if Harris returns.

I'm excited and see a number of reasons to be optimistic.

I'm looking forward to Lock's second year as much as any second year QB we've had since Elway.

We have the most cap space Elway's ever had.

We have at least 9 picks, probably more.

We're getting Chubb back who I think will be our best D player (by far).

We're starting to "win" the little battles again. Shurmur had offers from 4-5 other teams and picked us. Shula and Munchak too. The last couple of years before it seems when coaches/players had a choice they went elsewhere. I've heard a few of the "experts" say Shurmur was the biggest offseason move in the NFL so far. I think this is a big benefit of Fangio over VJ. It seems coaches want to work with Vic.

Cowherd even picked us as his "double last year's wins team". He was reminded that we won 7 last year and he modified it to say we'll improve to 10-11 wins next season. He's usually pretty good with this pick and had the 49ers last year as his most improved team.

It feels like we've finally turned the corner...after years of struggle, finally a light at the end of the tunnel. Hoping for a productive off-season.

Can't wait for the 2020 kickoff - only 201 more days!