Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 50
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Posts
    2,414
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Your have a great time, Denver is a lovely city. Just wondering though, why wouldn't you wait until the schedule is released before booking ? Then you could pick the game you want to see.

    I have been to see the Broncos at home 3 times, and 2 were epic games, but I have never seen a SNF or MNF game so that would be awesome.
    I left it too late to book my holiday where I work so had it allocated to me, thought it best to book the flights and take the chance before the price of the flights skyrocketed! Fingers crossed

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,646
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I am expecting a large dose of reality to set in for Harris when free agency starts. He seems to think he is going to be pushing the top of the cornerback market as a 30 plus year old, declining, often exposed, slower cornerback. I think he is a prime candidate for a 2 year deal worth around about what he earned this year, not much more like he thinks he is worth. I have grown tired of his complaining and blaming on the field, and his overall attitude.

    There are a few veteran cornerbacks available this off-season who will cost less than Harris, and who don't have this over inflated opinion of themselves. I also think losing him doesn't change much as we probably grab a talented top 100 player at the position, and sign a middle of the road free agent as well. I'll be less excited if Harris returns.
    As sad as it is, he's been a good Bronco for a long time, I agree. Bringing in Prince Amukamara on a 2 year prove-it deal and Byron Jones or Logan Ryan is my hope.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    35,737
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    I'm excited and see a number of reasons to be optimistic.

    I'm looking forward to Lock's second year as much as any second year QB we've had since Elway.

    We have the most cap space Elway's ever had.

    We have at least 9 picks, probably more.

    We're getting Chubb back who I think will be our best D player (by far).

    We're starting to "win" the little battles again. Shurmur had offers from 4-5 other teams and picked us. Shula and Munchak too. The last couple of years before it seems when coaches/players had a choice they went elsewhere. I've heard a few of the "experts" say Shurmur was the biggest offseason move in the NFL so far. I think this is a big benefit of Fangio over VJ. It seems coaches want to work with Vic.

    Cowherd even picked us as his "double last year's wins team". He was reminded that we won 7 last year and he modified it to say we'll improve to 10-11 wins next season
    . He's usually pretty good with this pick and had the 49ers last year as his most improved team.
    He was probably right in the first place! Maybe an extra game this season, plus playoff victories!! Yeah, I can see us winning 12 of 17 and then winning a couple more playoff games.... (or maybe one less regular season win, and then win it all!!)

    Last edited by CanDB; 02-23-2020 at 10:24 AM.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,423
    Definitely more excited this offseason than I have been for a long time. Having a young, promising QB certainly helps. Im very curious to see how the offseason goes. We still have holes to fill and a lot of FAs. Still, Im excited to see this young roster develop next year. Not expecting a big leap and a deep playoff run, but I think it will be far more entertaining than it has been for a few years.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Left of Colorado
    Posts
    1,210
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Definitely more excited this offseason than I have been for a long time. Having a young, promising QB certainly helps. I’m very curious to see how the offseason goes. We still have holes to fill and a lot of FAs. Still, I’m excited to see this young roster develop next year. Not expecting a big leap and a deep playoff run, but I think it will be far more entertaining than it has been for a few years.
    Yep! Me too!

    I'm feeling more confident based on the positive ending of 2019. I really hope the 2020 season will prove the Broncos have truly turned the corner and will show the other teams in the AFC West AND the NFL in general that we.....are.....back!
    Utah Bronco Freak

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,581
    I'm pumped for this, according to James Palmer on a few of our injury updates....

    - Bradley Chubb (ACL) wont participate in OTAs, will be ready for training camp

    - CB Bryce Callahan (foot) should participate in OTAs

    - T JaWuan James (knee) wont need surgery. Expected to be ready for OTAs

    All 3 are important pieces for 2020

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    35,737
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I'm pumped for this, according to James Palmer on a few of our injury updates....

    - Bradley Chubb (ACL) won’t participate in OTAs, will be ready for training camp

    - CB Bryce Callahan (foot) should participate in OTAs

    - T Ja’Wuan James (knee) won’t need surgery. Expected to be ready for OTAs

    All 3 are important pieces for 2020
    Imagine those 3 being healthy! Of course Chubb is the player I really can't wait to see, given how he was rising so early in his career, and given the college resume. But if James can play decent OT for us, think of the importance to our O! Many of us are clamouring for a first round OT, but if James could play good ball for us, maybe we are a little less resource hungry for Oliners….even if that means a later pick.

    This team has a few weaker spots, and with a great offseason, and return to health of such players, we are in for an exciting year/era perhaps!

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I sure am!!

    Not since The Manning days, when we were breaking records, going to The SB and yes, winning one, I have not felt as good as I do now. Shall we say, those interim years were not the way I had hoped they'd go. But those days are gone, and lets look forward. And here we are, within a week of The Combine. It's time to really enjoy!!

    I can write a long essay on why I am so pumped, but I will spare you, and just go with the highlights, as I see them:

    1) I believe we have found our franchise QB, and he is just getting his feet wet so to speak. Going 4 and 1 will have boosted whatever confidence he needed, and he has so much time to improve upon the fabulous tools he brings to the table. Strong arm, more accurate than many had projected, quick release when needed, mobile, likable, teachable, good attitude.
    2) We already have skilled youth weapons on O, in Lindsay, Sutton and hopefully Fant. I can see Lindsay and Sutton being pro bowlers for plenty of years. This offseason, we can add instant O by acquiring at least one quality WR, to make Sutton even more dangerous. There are plenty of good options, and it's almost a given we can get better.
    3) Our Oline still needs work, but Risner was a great selection, and with some resourcing in FA and/or The Draft, we could end up with the best Oline we've had in years. FA is expensive, so would not be too unhappy with our #1 draft pick solidifying the front. But imagine how good this O will perform with any improvement on the Oline, a more experienced Lock, Sutton and Lindsay of course!
    4) I believe our goal is to become a top 5 D within 1-2 years, and with some healthy capital (FA and Draft), we should shore up whatever deficiencies we may have, including possible loss of at least one quality vet. Simmons is way ahead of my expectation, and Chubb is returning. And we have the coaching. Look out!!

    Hey, there may be an extra playoff position available this coming season, which could benefit us. But even so, I am more pumped about the long term future of this team. I see a bright path for many years....and I am excited to sit back and watch it unfold. Even if it takes another year or two before we become lethal. But I feel it's coming.

    What about you?

    I'm in agreeance with you. There is a different feel for all of us media, fans etc that has an optimistic feel for it. We know the Broncos have some young talent on offense and defense and this is an area where they need to continue to build on. Build in the NFL Draft, address some of the bigger holes via Free Agency. The team's primary focus is going to sit down with players that want to be back that are in house free agents. I don't expect Denver to make a ton of moves outside of re-signing players and maybe adding 1-3 players. The Draft capital is absolutely huge too. Can't wait to be back at the facility for Training Camp.
    Twitter: @CodyRoarkNFL Youtube: CodyRoarkNFL

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    35,737
    Quote Originally Posted by CodyRoarkNFL View Post
    I'm in agreeance with you. There is a different feel for all of us media, fans etc that has an optimistic feel for it. We know the Broncos have some young talent on offense and defense and this is an area where they need to continue to build on. Build in the NFL Draft, address some of the bigger holes via Free Agency. The team's primary focus is going to sit down with players that want to be back that are in house free agents. I don't expect Denver to make a ton of moves outside of re-signing players and maybe adding 1-3 players. The Draft capital is absolutely huge too. Can't wait to be back at the facility for Training Camp.
    Keep the pumping machine going!!


  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,175
    I sure am- Hearing the news James didn't need surgery and Chubb and Callahan looking like they will be ready for OTAs as well. I am going to assume these 3 will be ready so even without this years FA acquisitions and draft we should be improving in a few positions. Wolfe/Harris could be big losses, but we will see what happens.

    It's been said many times but it truly is like a double FA period for us. The thought of the potential with Lock and the fact that we are a young roster about to get even younger, gives me hope our future will be bright. I think our roster is going to look ripe with talent once TC starts.

    I'm excited for the draft as well...Elway and co had great success with the draft capital they acquired last season and I think this year will be approached the same way. I wouldn't be surprised to see us end up with 3 picks in the first 50 again.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    35,737
    Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    I sure am- Hearing the news James didn't need surgery and Chubb and Callahan looking like they will be ready for OTAs as well. I am going to assume these 3 will be ready so even without this years FA acquisitions and draft we should be improving in a few positions. Wolfe/Harris could be big losses, but we will see what happens.

    It's been said many times but it truly is like a double FA period for us. The thought of the potential with Lock and the fact that we are a young roster about to get even younger, gives me hope our future will be bright. I think our roster is going to look ripe with talent once TC starts.

    I'm excited for the draft as well...Elway and co had great success with the draft capital they acquired last season and I think this year will be approached the same way. I wouldn't be surprised to see us end up with 3 picks in the first 50 again.
    Same Island dude!!!

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,553
    I kind of am. I've a fanatic fan, but I try to stay rational. The past couple seasons with Siemian, Keenum, and even Flacco leading the team, I was optimistic and had to go back and forth with other fans saying they would have good seasons and the defense would be great. But with our shaky O line and a non mobile QB that didn't seem very threatening, I didn't have high hopes. This year I feel much better about the QB. He's still a young player, but he's mobile enough to buy extra time, can throw on the run and has the arm strength to make DBs cover the entire field. Our O line is a question mark right now.

    I don't want to go too far after one move (Bouye), but yesterday reminded me of when I heard the news that we were signing Talib, then we got Ware and Ward. They all got paid pretty well, which showed Elway was being aggressive even if it stretched the cap. Free agency hasn't hit yet, but if I see those types of moves (probably on offense this year), I'll really be hype for the season.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    35,737
    Quote Originally Posted by champ&dreallday View Post
    I kind of am. I've a fanatic fan, but I try to stay rational. The past couple seasons with Siemian, Keenum, and even Flacco leading the team, I was optimistic and had to go back and forth with other fans saying they would have good seasons and the defense would be great. But with our shaky O line and a non mobile QB that didn't seem very threatening, I didn't have high hopes. This year I feel much better about the QB. He's still a young player, but he's mobile enough to buy extra time, can throw on the run and has the arm strength to make DBs cover the entire field. Our O line is a question mark right now.

    I don't want to go too far after one move (Bouye), but yesterday reminded me of when I heard the news that we were signing Talib, then we got Ware and Ward. They all got paid pretty well, which showed Elway was being aggressive even if it stretched the cap. Free agency hasn't hit yet, but if I see those types of moves (probably on offense this year), I'll really be hype for the season.
    Yes....though I have been a bit pumped since the new kid got the ball, and with the anticipation of a good offseason, BUT after the Bouye trade I am getting more excited with the fact that Elway may be on a mission again, like he was in the Manning era. If so, we could be a contender even sooner than I thought.

    Hey, I am even entertaining the thought of a CeeDee on our roster, which I was not a few weeks ago. But can you imagine if we landed a player that good, who could actually challenge Sutton as the long term #1 WR?? I know, holes to fill, but lets see how far Elway goes in FA before we give up on possibilities!
    Last edited by CanDB; 03-04-2020 at 10:56 AM.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,553
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I'm pumped for this, according to James Palmer on a few of our injury updates....

    - Bradley Chubb (ACL) won’t participate in OTAs, will be ready for training camp

    - CB Bryce Callahan (foot) should participate in OTAs

    - T Ja’Wuan James (knee) won’t need surgery. Expected to be ready for OTAs

    All 3 are important pieces for 2020
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around Callahan's injury. I get it that a screw bent in his foot, but that was months ago. I'm lost how he's not expected to be fully healed by training camp.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,553
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Yes....though I have been a bit pumped since the new kid got the ball, and with the anticipation of a good offseason, BUT after the Bouye trade I am getting more excited with the fact that Elway may be on a mission again, like he was in the Manning era. If so, we could be a contender even sooner than I thought.

    Hey, I am even entertaining the thought of a CeeDee on our roster, which I was not a few weeks ago. But can you imagine if we landed a player that good, who could actually challenge Sutton as the long term #1 WR?? I know, holes to fill, but lets see how far Elway goes in FA before we give up on possibilities!
    I'm very high on CeeDee Lamb. He's the best WR in the draft to me, but rarely is projected as the 1st WR off the board. He specializes in YAC, which is exactly what we need. With Sutton over the top and him working underneath, that's a tough combination. We have to put a threat on the other side and doing that through free agency could cost $8+ mil.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •