Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Prince Amukamara Released

Well this has Fangio all over this one. 🤞Slay on one side, Amukamara in the other. Callahan in the slot and draft one for development.

I didn't like him as a first round prospect coming out, I commented the year that the Bears went to the playoffs on here that I thought they were the best team in the division, but Prince was going to be a weak link, and his lack of production for a 30 year old cornerback with 9 accrued seasons is alarming.

In saying that, Fangio has a history with him, and will know if he can add value to the team. I would imagine the contract will be something quite small, a veteran minimum almost, and if that is the case Fangio might pull the trigger on bringing him in. Either way, it's a likely possibility, but it wouldn't change our needs or direction heading into the draft or free agency, we need cornerback help

Itís funny because he actually played better last season than he did under Fangio. There were just less splash plays but heís not really a ball hawk anyway

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    It’s funny because he actually played better last season than he did under Fangio. There were just less splash plays but he’s not really a ball hawk anyway
    Having no idea what Elway is thinking, it's hard not to imagine that he'd be a little wary bringing in another of Fangio's old CBs. We dropped a decent pile of cash in Callahan's lap and that resulted in ZERO snaps played. I get that we all like to make connections between coaches and players, but I'm wondering if Fangio wouldn't rather have Slay and Jones, giving Callahan another shot at the slot. But who knows. Worth watching.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    It’s funny because he actually played better last season than he did under Fangio. There were just less splash plays but he’s not really a ball hawk anyway
    ? What criteria are you using to determine that? Statistically he played better in 2018 than in 2019 and it looks like PFF graded him higher in 2018 too. In 2018, Amukamara set new career high-water marks for overall grade (81.0), coverage grade (77.1) run-defense grade (90.5) and interceptions. He had 3 ints in 2018, none in 2019, he gave up 105.2 QB rating in 2019 vs 75.3 in 2018... he did give up less TDs in 2019 vs 2018 (2 vs 3) but has less targets and gave up a higher %, also a little higher missed tackle % in 2019 vs 2018.
    I'm not trying to take you to task on this just want to understand how you came to determine 2019 was better than 2018?

Considering Amukamara had his best years playing for Fangio and could be a better value than other options in FA I think the Broncos should at least talk to him about a short contract - 2 years - for < 5M per year for instance. A low risk contract but a player that could fit well in Fangio's defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    Having no idea what Elway is thinking, it's hard not to imagine that he'd be a little wary bringing in another of Fangio's old CBs. We dropped a decent pile of cash in Callahan's lap and that resulted in ZERO snaps played. I get that we all like to make connections between coaches and players, but I'm wondering if Fangio wouldn't rather have Slay and Jones, giving Callahan another shot at the slot. But who knows. Worth watching.
    Iíd rather have Darius Slay or Bryon Jones over Amukamara. I think itís always cause for concern when a player not named Champ Bailey is on the trading block but Iíd still rather roll wit slay and you know Dak Prescott is going to take up all the cap in Dallas so both CBs should be available before denver settles on Amukamara.

Now in a back up roll it wouldnít be bad because we need CB help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I’d rather have Darius Slay or Bryon Jones over Amukamara. I think it’s always cause for concern when a player not named Champ Bailey is on the trading block but I’d still rather roll wit slay and you know Dak Prescott is going to take up all the cap in Dallas so both CBs should be available before denver settles on Amukamara.

Now in a back up roll it wouldn’t be bad because we need CB help.
    All this in mind, do you personally see any way we re-sign Harris Jr.?

As much as I want 2 I think CHJ is going to leave Denver to much Bad Blood Now so I think he goes to KC ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    As much as I want 2 I think CHJ is going to leave Denver to much Bad Blood Now so I think he goes to KC ugh.
    How could they possibly afford him ?

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    This feels like you're purposely trying to give me nightmares! I wouldn't be able to watch Denver/KC games if he went to the Chiefs. I don't even want to think about it. IF he HAS to leave, I hope he goes to Detroit. We won't see them again for 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I didn't like him as a first round prospect coming out, I commented the year that the Bears went to the playoffs on here that I thought they were the best team in the division, but Prince was going to be a weak link, and his lack of production for a 30 year old cornerback with 9 accrued seasons is alarming.

In saying that, Fangio has a history with him, and will know if he can add value to the team. I would imagine the contract will be something quite small, a veteran minimum almost, and if that is the case Fangio might pull the trigger on bringing him in. Either way, it's a likely possibility, but it wouldn't change our needs or direction heading into the draft or free agency, we need cornerback help
    On the bright side, heíll be healthier than Callahan. But so will my first grade teacher!

On the bright side, he’ll be healthier than Callahan. But so will my first grade teacher!
    Callahan should be 100% with fresh legs, did I miss a report stating otherwise?
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Why?

At this point in time, is CHJ worth any more than Prince??? And Iím totally serious!

Perhaps heís a better cover corner on another team that he is a zone corner in Fangioís defense. If that is true than we donít and should not resign him.

He may go to kc and be great as a cover guy but that is not us, not anymore. So why should we over pay for that! <ó not a ? But a statement...

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Callahan should be 100% with fresh legs, did I miss a report stating otherwise?
    I donít know, did you?

In 2019 he wasnít worth a damn. Get mad and riled up if you donít like the statement but itís true.

If heís better in 2020 Iíll eat my words but he was still crap in 2019 so let my statement of truth offend you if it will.

I don’t know, did you?

In 2019 he wasn’t worth a damn. Get mad and riled up if you don’t like the statement but it’s true.

If he’s better in 2020 I’ll eat my words but he was still crap in 2019 so let my statement of truth offend you if it will.
    Was just asking if you read something on it, not an attack.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots