Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    I wouldíve loved a steady vet like Amukamara who obviously has plenty of experience in Fangioís system.

I actually like that we didnít sign him because we will get to see what we truly have in-house with the competition at CB2 between Ojemudia, Bausby, Yiadom, Harris, and Dawson. Not to mention Bassey, but I think he rotatea as a nickel behind Callahan if he makes the roster. These young guys greatly benefit from another year and offseason learning Fangioís defense and developing under Donatell. If none of these guys pan out, weíre clear to prioritize adding a CB early in next yearís draft along with an OT and MLB.

If bausby can stay healthy I think he can be a very good number 2 but he really skinny so it is kinda worrisome

Iím optimistic about the young group of corners. Each of them showed promise in one way or the other throughout the season. Dawson looked like a very physical nickel CB and showed up in run support. Bausby has great reaction speed and reads routes well. Harris has great speed and didnít seem overmatched when he was out there. Yiadom bounced back after a horrid start when he filled in after Dawson was injured. Oj has all the tools to be a very good boundary corner. I donít think adding another vet is necessary unless itís another young CB. Experience is what these young guys need and a guy like Amukamara would just stunt their development, nor do I think heíd necessarily be an upgrade or at least a big enough upgrade to move the needle.

Plus with Callahanís restructured contract, he may not be safe past this season so I donít expect him to have a firm grip on the starting job either. Thereís a real chance Bausby, Bouye, and Dawson are the starters even if Callahan stays healthy, Callahan could become a trade candidate as the season progresses.

Broncos need a starting level CB2 IMO. Bouye and Callahan "should" be solid. The multiple Safeties "should" be solid.

All the rest are a risk. It is not that I dislike Bausby, Ojemudia, Harris, Dawson, Bassey, or Yiadom (although his mistakes are frustrating!) Just think are all better suited as depth in Nickle and Dime defenses. Or as replacements for a few games while a starter recovers from inevitable injuries. Relying on any to be a starter at CB2 is a bad idea.

Will be interesting to see what Amukamura's contract looks like. Could be revealing to what this next wave of FA signings will start looking like. Especially as pre-camp cuts add to the pool of players and the surprise "bargains" occur. .

Still thinking they need to spend a couple million each at CB, OT and maybe a vet LB/pass rusher. Any takers for Ryan, Beachum, Mathews collectively under $10M? A man can dream.
    Last edited by FR Tim; 05-13-2020 at 09:54 AM.

Just saw the contract details for Amukamura. Being reported as under $2m for a one year contract

What am I missing?

Broncos are missing that CB2 IMO. Seemed like a no brainer with experience in Fangioís defensive system. Still playing at a competitive level.

Obviously Fangio must not have seen the need as I do. Or reached out to Amukamura. A vet min contract is ridiculously low IMO. I was expecting an over pay by the Raiders not a bargain.

Broncos could have used the depth. Canít wait to see what the alternative plan is going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Just saw the contract details for Amukamura. Being reported as under $2m for a one year contract

What am I missing?

Broncos are missing that CB2 IMO. Seemed like a no brainer with experience in Fangioís defensive system. Still playing at a competitive level.

Obviously Fangio must not have seen the need as I do. Or reached out to Amukamura. A vet min contract is ridiculously low IMO. I was expecting an over pay by the Raiders not a bargain.

Broncos could have used the depth. Canít wait to see what the alternative plan is going to be.
    Fangio in his post draft interviews seems very content in what they have at cornerback. He explains that he believes the young corners he had last year showed growth and expects them to make big strides in the second year of his defense.
    I think most of us feel if Bryce still can't play and Michael O is not ready year 1 to be a starter we are in trouble. Fangio seems to like his young depth if that were to happen.
    "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I donít know, did you?

In 2019 he wasnít worth a damn. Get mad and riled up if you donít like the statement but itís true.

If heís better in 2020 Iíll eat my words but he was still crap in 2019 so let my statement of truth offend you if it will.
    I know, right?

Just like Peyton Manning was crap in 2011. Painful truth but he wasn't worth a damn.

Good thing we didn't sign him...owait