• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • montee2ball
    Bench Warmer
    • Apr 2014

Prince Amukamara Released

Well this has Fangio all over this one. 🤞Slay on one side, Amukamara in the other. Callahan in the slot and draft one for development.
  • johnlimburg
    Ring of Famer
    • Sep 2009

I didn't like him as a first round prospect coming out, I commented the year that the Bears went to the playoffs on here that I thought they were the best team in the division, but Prince was going to be a weak link, and his lack of production for a 30 year old cornerback with 9 accrued seasons is alarming.

In saying that, Fangio has a history with him, and will know if he can add value to the team. I would imagine the contract will be something quite small, a veteran minimum almost, and if that is the case Fangio might pull the trigger on bringing him in. Either way, it's a likely possibility, but it wouldn't change our needs or direction heading into the draft or free agency, we need cornerback help

Comment

• beastlyskronk
      Football Immortal
      • Jun 2007

It’s funny because he actually played better last season than he did under Fangio. There were just less splash plays but he’s not really a ball hawk anyway

Comment

• Letswinplz77
        Playmaker
        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
        It’s funny because he actually played better last season than he did under Fangio. There were just less splash plays but he’s not really a ball hawk anyway
        Having no idea what Elway is thinking, it's hard not to imagine that he'd be a little wary bringing in another of Fangio's old CBs. We dropped a decent pile of cash in Callahan's lap and that resulted in ZERO snaps played. I get that we all like to make connections between coaches and players, but I'm wondering if Fangio wouldn't rather have Slay and Jones, giving Callahan another shot at the slot. But who knows. Worth watching.
        All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

• Sam_Z
          Banned User
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
          Having no idea what Elway is thinking, it's hard not to imagine that he'd be a little wary bringing in another of Fangio's old CBs. We dropped a decent pile of cash in Callahan's lap and that resulted in ZERO snaps played. I get that we all like to make connections between coaches and players, but I'm wondering if Fangio wouldn't rather have Slay and Jones, giving Callahan another shot at the slot. But who knows. Worth watching.
          I’d rather have Darius Slay or Bryon Jones over Amukamara. I think it’s always cause for concern when a player not named Champ Bailey is on the trading block but I’d still rather roll wit slay and you know Dak Prescott is going to take up all the cap in Dallas so both CBs should be available before denver settles on Amukamara.

Now in a back up roll it wouldn’t be bad because we need CB help.

Comment

• Letswinplz77
            Playmaker
            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
            I’d rather have Darius Slay or Bryon Jones over Amukamara. I think it’s always cause for concern when a player not named Champ Bailey is on the trading block but I’d still rather roll wit slay and you know Dak Prescott is going to take up all the cap in Dallas so both CBs should be available before denver settles on Amukamara.

Now in a back up roll it wouldn’t be bad because we need CB help.
            All this in mind, do you personally see any way we re-sign Harris Jr.?
            All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
              Football Immortal
              • Mar 2017

As much as I want 2 I think CHJ is going to leave Denver to much Bad Blood Now so I think he goes to KC ugh.

Comment

• skeeter01
                Football Immortal
                • Apr 2008

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                As much as I want 2 I think CHJ is going to leave Denver to much Bad Blood Now so I think he goes to KC ugh.
                How could they possibly afford him ?

Comment

• Sam_Z
                  Banned User
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                  I didn't like him as a first round prospect coming out, I commented the year that the Bears went to the playoffs on here that I thought they were the best team in the division, but Prince was going to be a weak link, and his lack of production for a 30 year old cornerback with 9 accrued seasons is alarming.

In saying that, Fangio has a history with him, and will know if he can add value to the team. I would imagine the contract will be something quite small, a veteran minimum almost, and if that is the case Fangio might pull the trigger on bringing him in. Either way, it's a likely possibility, but it wouldn't change our needs or direction heading into the draft or free agency, we need cornerback help
                  On the bright side, he’ll be healthier than Callahan. But so will my first grade teacher!

Comment

• Sam_Z
                    Banned User
                    • Dec 2004

Why?

At this point in time, is CHJ worth any more than Prince??? And I’m totally serious!

Perhaps he’s a better cover corner on another team that he is a zone corner in Fangio’s defense. If that is true than we don’t and should not resign him.

He may go to kc and be great as a cover guy but that is not us, not anymore. So why should we over pay for that! <— not a ? But a statement...

Comment

• MHSalute
                      Ring of Famer
                      • Feb 2011

On the bright side, he’ll be healthier than Callahan. But so will my first grade teacher!
                      Callahan should be 100% with fresh legs, did I miss a report stating otherwise?
                      Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

• Sam_Z
                        Banned User
                        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                        Callahan should be 100% with fresh legs, did I miss a report stating otherwise?
                        I don’t know, did you?

In 2019 he wasn’t worth a damn. Get mad and riled up if you don’t like the statement but it’s true.

If he’s better in 2020 I’ll eat my words but he was still crap in 2019 so let my statement of truth offend you if it will.

Comment

• MHSalute
                          Ring of Famer
                          • Feb 2011

I don’t know, did you?

In 2019 he wasn’t worth a damn. Get mad and riled up if you don’t like the statement but it’s true.

If he’s better in 2020 I’ll eat my words but he was still crap in 2019 so let my statement of truth offend you if it will.
                          Was just asking if you read something on it, not an attack.
                          Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

• mozzerpete
                            All-Pro
                            • May 2008

Denver should kick the tires on every available DB.

Yiadom and Dawson are the current starters.

Callahan is a question mark.

Jackson gives me hope.

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                              Football Immortal
                              • May 2010

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
                              Denver should kick the tires on every available DB.

Yiadom and Dawson are the current starters.

Callahan is a question mark.

Jackson gives me hope.
                              If bausby is healthy I expect him to start over one of those cbs. He looked good before his Injury.
                              sigpic
                              oakland raders gm
                              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Working...
                              X