Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    If bausby is healthy I expect him to start over one of those cbs. He looked good before his Injury.
    I agree with this, but was a small sample size. Hoping between him, Yiadom, and Dawson we get a decent starter and backup. That would leave the need for one more high-end boundary CB (If Callahan back and healthy for the slot).

CB may be an overblown need imo, yes losing CHJ most likely, but getting Bausby and Callahan back.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

I still want Jones, I think Prince hitting the market is good though. He will keep the high prices down and teams will use this as negotiating leverage

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Was just asking if you read something on it, not an attack.
    Bryce Callahan didn't play a snap in 2019 and was placed on IR before the end of the season. Consequently there is no evaluation of his 2019 performance because there was none. His injury and corrective surgery date back to 2018. By the time of Spring practice there should be reports of his availability and health. The last time he played, he was effective in Vic Fangio's defense in Chicago. In the event he returns to good health, he will most likely play. Time will tell.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    As much as I want 2 I think CHJ is going to leave Denver to much Bad Blood Now so I think he goes to KC ugh.
    This feels like you're purposely trying to give me nightmares! I wouldn't be able to watch Denver/KC games if he went to the Chiefs. I don't even want to think about it. IF he HAS to leave, I hope he goes to Detroit. We won't see them again for 3 years.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    It’s funny because he actually played better last season than he did under Fangio. There were just less splash plays but he’s not really a ball hawk anyway
    ? What criteria are you using to determine that? Statistically he played better in 2018 than in 2019 and it looks like PFF graded him higher in 2018 too. In 2018, Amukamara set new career high-water marks for overall grade (81.0), coverage grade (77.1) run-defense grade (90.5) and interceptions. He had 3 ints in 2018, none in 2019, he gave up 105.2 QB rating in 2019 vs 75.3 in 2018... he did give up less TDs in 2019 vs 2018 (2 vs 3) but has less targets and gave up a higher %, also a little higher missed tackle % in 2019 vs 2018.
    I'm not trying to take you to task on this just want to understand how you came to determine 2019 was better than 2018?

Considering Amukamara had his best years playing for Fangio and could be a better value than other options in FA I think the Broncos should at least talk to him about a short contract - 2 years - for < 5M per year for instance. A low risk contract but a player that could fit well in Fangio's defense.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I still want Jones, I think Prince hitting the market is good though. He will keep the high prices down and teams will use this as negotiating leverage
    Jones is looking for 16 mil a year. He will probably get it but in no way does he deserve that kind of money. I know the corner position is a lot more than interceptions but having only 2 picks in 5 years is concerning. If you're spending top CB money you better be getting an impact player who makes game changing plays. Jones does not even scratch the surface of checking that box.

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    This feels like you're purposely trying to give me nightmares! I wouldn't be able to watch Denver/KC games if he went to the Chiefs. I don't even want to think about it. IF he HAS to leave, I hope he goes to Detroit. We won't see them again for 3 years.
    Both of KCs corners, Breeland and Fuller, are free agents. Mahomes would entice FAs to come to KC like Manning once upon a time did for less. So you think Harris wouldnít mind this?
    Last edited by montee2ball; 02-22-2020 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post

Trust me that would give me nightmares 2 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Jones is looking for 16 mil a year. He will probably get it but in no way does he deserve that kind of money. I know the corner position is a lot more than interceptions but having only 2 picks in 5 years is concerning. If you're spending top CB money you better be getting an impact player who makes game changing plays. Jones does not even scratch the surface of checking that box.
    His skill set isn't just corner, he's a safety as well. He's just a thicker Jackson. He made the switch from FS to corner so how do you determine the value of a dual position player? I like the possibilities he brings paired with Jackson

We are going to lock up 30 million dollars in the secondary between Jones and Jackson before we even re-sign Simmons ? I can't see Elway going and locking up 2 of the largest contracts given to secondary players ever in one off-season by signing Jones and Simmons, maybe one or the other. I don't see it as very smart allocating that sort of money to one area of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    His skill set isn't just corner, he's a safety as well. He's just a thicker Jackson. He made the switch from FS to corner so how do you determine the value of a dual position player? I like the possibilities he brings paired with Jackson
    Why do we need another corner/safety hybrid? Simmons and Jackson both fill that need. We don't have a true number one corner. CHJ is as good as gone. Jones is a nice player but it would be a massive mistake to make him one of the highest paid dbs in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    ? What criteria are you using to determine that? Statistically he played better in 2018 than in 2019 and it looks like PFF graded him higher in 2018 too. In 2018, Amukamara set new career high-water marks for overall grade (81.0), coverage grade (77.1) run-defense grade (90.5) and interceptions. He had 3 ints in 2018, none in 2019, he gave up 105.2 QB rating in 2019 vs 75.3 in 2018... he did give up less TDs in 2019 vs 2018 (2 vs 3) but has less targets and gave up a higher %, also a little higher missed tackle % in 2019 vs 2018.
    I'm not trying to take you to task on this just want to understand how you came to determine 2019 was better than 2018?

Considering Amukamara had his best years playing for Fangio and could be a better value than other options in FA I think the Broncos should at least talk to him about a short contract - 2 years - for < 5M per year for instance. A low risk contract but a player that could fit well in Fangio's defense.
    From what I see Amukamara gave up 70 receptions for 60.9% under Fangio in 2018 compared to 39 and 54.2% last year. Either way you want to slice it, Amukamara isnít a difference maker at CB. He isnít a ball hawk and heís now on the wrong side of 30.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Why do we need another corner/safety hybrid? Simmons and Jackson both fill that need. We don't have a true number one corner. CHJ is as good as gone. Jones is a nice player but it would be a massive mistake to make him one of the highest paid dbs in the game.
    Because we'd be darn near unbreakable against the run. Jones is a physical corner that has pass coverage skills. His ball skills aren't great, we know he won't get a ton of picks but that doesn't mean he won't make plays on the ball. I like him, I think he can make us that much nastier of a D

Thanks Sam. Not, a Doctor, but seems like the screw replacement was the delay in healing correctly and that was the only on going issue. I hope both he and Chubb come back 100% for OTAs, big lift to the defense.

I prefer Prince on maybe a 2 year 16M deal over Jones, and draft CB by 2nd round. Bausby and Yiadom, and Dawson can compete for opposite of Prince and hopefully we hit in the draft. With Callahan, that is 6 deep at CB....would expect Parks back or a similar value signing for a S/Nickle back.

Do not see the need to spend 16M on a #2 CB like Jones