Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hello from St. Louis

Hi all, new to the board. I have been a Bronco fan for a couple years now. New to any Bronco fan board. I was a life long Rams fan(until guess when) Grew up watching the GSOT years and got hooked, as time went on it began feeing more like an obligation, with all the pathetic records and what not. It was always like having to like that family member you really hate but canít say it out loud. After they left it still stung at first. But as alittle time went on it was more liberating. Hereís why

Watching football since I was a kid I always found myself really interested in Bronco games when they were on. For starters I really do feel like the franchise has some of the best and passionate fans in the game. Who will attend games(in an awesome stadium mind you) in any type of element and cheer on their team. As a St. Louis Cardinal fan I always saw the fan bases comparable. Cardinals are important to our city, Broncos are important to Denver. The success of the franchise has also been a big factor. They have always been interesting to watch, compete quite often. Never sit stagnant at the bottom of the barrel.

Also, the state of Colorado is amazing to me. Love visiting there and would drop everything and move to Golden or Estes Park if I was able to. Beautiful state and better than a beach any day of the week, IMO. I havenít had the time much lately but will in the future to attend as many Bronco games as I can.

Really looking forward to seeing what transpires this offseason with a lot of picks and a ton of money to spend. And a great young QB from my favorite college team and some great pieces in place already to build around.

Awesome!

I'm excited to see how far Drew Lock and an improved roster can take us in the coming years. Anyways, welcome to the boards, hope you stick around.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Hello and welcome... always good to have another Broncos fan around!
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Banner29 View Post
    Hi all, new to the board. I have been a Bronco fan for a couple years now. New to any Bronco fan board. I was a life long Rams fan(until guess when) Grew up watching the GSOT years and got hooked, as time went on it began feeing more like an obligation, with all the pathetic records and what not. It was always like having to like that family member you really hate but can’t say it out loud. After they left it still stung at first. But as alittle time went on it was more liberating. Here’s why

Watching football since I was a kid I always found myself really interested in Bronco games when they were on. For starters I really do feel like the franchise has some of the best and passionate fans in the game. Who will attend games(in an awesome stadium mind you) in any type of element and cheer on their team. As a St. Louis Cardinal fan I always saw the fan bases comparable. Cardinals are important to our city, Broncos are important to Denver. The success of the franchise has also been a big factor. They have always been interesting to watch, compete quite often. Never sit stagnant at the bottom of the barrel.

Also, the state of Colorado is amazing to me. Love visiting there and would drop everything and move to Golden or Estes Park if I was able to. Beautiful state and better than a beach any day of the week, IMO. I haven’t had the time much lately but will in the future to attend as many Bronco games as I can.

Really looking forward to seeing what transpires this offseason with a lot of picks and a ton of money to spend. And a great young QB from my favorite college team and some great pieces in place already to build around.
    Another Broncos fan from St. Louis eh? We'll hafta meet up and watch a game together! I'm in the st. charles county area!
    Sept. 10, 2006, Den@StL 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, Den@K.C. 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, Den@Stl 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

Absolutely. Just moved to Wentzville from St. Charles!

Hi all, new to the board. I have been a Bronco fan for a couple years now. New to any Bronco fan board. I was a life long Rams fan(until guess when) Grew up watching the GSOT years and got hooked, as time went on it began feeing more like an obligation, with all the pathetic records and what not. It was always like having to like that family member you really hate but can’t say it out loud. After they left it still stung at first. But as alittle time went on it was more liberating. Here’s why

Also, the state of Colorado is amazing to me. Love visiting there and would drop everything and move to Golden or Estes Park if I was able to. Beautiful state and better than a beach any day of the week, IMO. I haven’t had the time much lately but will in the future to attend as many Bronco games as I can.

Welcome!

I wonder why St. Louis can't hold onto a football team? It's a good enough market to have attracted a couple of teams in the first place who spent a combined 49 seasons there (football Cards were there for 28 yrs). I wonder if the Raiders or Chargers considered it while they were both in flux recently? But perhaps that's too far east for an AFC West team...

Anyway, I'm glad our Broncos have stayed put. It would be hard to root for them if they ever moved out of Colorado!
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by ozzies94ta View Post
    Another Broncos fan from St. Louis eh? We'll hafta meet up and watch a game together! I'm in the st. charles county area!
    So folks.....do you think St. Lou will get an NFL team back someday? It's such a great baseball and hockey place, and I have to believe it can take on the NFL again, though I do not know all the details of what happened. Maybe basketball??

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Welcome!

I wonder why St. Louis can't hold onto a football team? It's a good enough market to have attracted a couple of teams in the first place who spent a combined 49 seasons there (football Cards were there for 28 yrs). I wonder if the Raiders or Chargers considered it while they were both in flux recently? But perhaps that's too far east for an AFC West team...

Anyway, I'm glad our Broncos have stayed put. It would be hard to root for them if they ever moved out of Colorado!
    i don't know the rams should have left a Sour taste in the ST louis fanbase. cause it is a great sports city but they used a bunch of excuses to try to get to a bigger market and stuff. even though ST louis has one of the most Loyal Fan bases in the states.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i don't know the rams should have left a Sour taste in the ST louis fanbase. cause it is a great sports city but they used a bunch of excuses to try to get to a bigger market and stuff. even though ST louis has one of the most Loyal Fan bases in the states.
    When new owners take over sometimes they make crazy decisions. Georgia Frontiere moved the Rams out of LA (where they had been for almost fifty years) and ticked off a bunch of those fans, many of whom were still around to welcome the team back after Kroenke moved it again. This is why it makes me nervous when people speculate about the Broncos getting sold to someone else --what if that person decides to move them to St. Louis?
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Whoa... I'm in wentzville as well. All these bars allow smoking though (yuck) I head to Mascots in St. Peters off mexico rd near jungermann....GREAT place to watch sports, great food great owners great atmosphere
    Sept. 10, 2006, Den@StL 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, Den@K.C. 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, Den@Stl 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    So folks.....do you think St. Lou will get an NFL team back someday? It's such a great baseball and hockey place, and I have to believe it can take on the NFL again, though I do not know all the details of what happened. Maybe basketball??
    Wow! Hey Paul, I did not see your post until later, and then thought I missed it all along....but it was 2 minutes or so before mine, meaning it was pretty much an overlap. Bottom line....'good' minds think alike!! (great sounds a bit cocky!)

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    IDK if we could get another team or not. I'm intrigued by the XFL (ka-kaw!) and want to see more continuity with it.

We get an MLS team in a yr or two (unsure when and not interested)

I've been wanting an NBA team for YEARS to help the Blues pay all the ridiculous taxes the city of St Louis charges towards the Blues only. The cards are their bread and butter and this city bent over backwards for the NFL...

but furthermore the NHL lockout year (04-05) I watched a bunch of NBA games and enjoyed it, I enjoyed the OKC but to really "stick with a team" I think it'd have to be an StL team

When new owners take over sometimes they make crazy decisions. Georgia Frontiere moved the Rams out of LA (where they had been for almost fifty years) and ticked off a bunch of those fans, many of whom were still around to welcome the team back after Kroenke moved it again. This is why it makes me nervous when people speculate about the Broncos getting sold to someone else --what if that person decides to move them to St. Louis?
    while this would NEVER happen (I equate it to the stl cardinals being moved out of state) i would L-O-V-E this

Quote Originally Posted by ozzies94ta View Post
    IDK if we could get another team or not. I'm intrigued by the XFL (ka-kaw!) and want to see more continuity with it.

We get an MLS team in a yr or two (unsure when and not interested)

I've been wanting an NBA team for YEARS to help the Blues pay all the ridiculous taxes the city of St Louis charges towards the Blues only. The cards are their bread and butter and this city bent over backwards for the NFL...

but furthermore the NHL lockout year (04-05) I watched a bunch of NBA games and enjoyed it, I enjoyed the OKC but to really "stick with a team" I think it'd have to be an StL team
    Well....the good news is that St. Lou is one great MLB and NHL city!!!