Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

NFL Combine 2020

Quarterbacks hit the scale today. I was suprised by how big both Jordan Love and Tua T are.

Tua is an even 60 with 10 hands. That changes my perspective.
    Love is 63.5, for what its worth.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Quarterbacks hit the scale today. I was suprised by how big both Jordan Love and Tua T are.

Tua is an even 60 with 10 hands. That changes my perspective.
    Love is 63.5, for what its worth.
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...-get-measured/

heres an article i got. tua still has the second biggest hands.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Here's the high level, tentative schedule:

Thursday, Feb 27: TE, QB, WO
    Friday, Feb 28: PK, ST, OL, RB
    Saturday, Feb 29: DL, LB
    Sunday, Mar 1: DB

The word is that Joe Burrow will not throw, and Chase Young will not take part in the drills. Then again, the consensus #1 and #2 selections are pretty confident about what they bring, and are coveted resources.

So here we go again....whose stock will rise and whose will fall? My gut tells me (that I have heartburn and....) QBs will become more loved as we go further into the process, and FA will be the X factor to some degree. A team like The Chargers needs a vet, but they might also need a 1st rounder. This position is almost always the one that gets the attention, and I will not be surprised if this year is the same.

I also feel like one or two of the WRs will separate themselves from the group, and will also be highly coveted, given they will stand out in an outstanding class!

I see Oliners moving up and down a little, and who we think is top 10 today might be replaced by draft time. Heck, this could goes all the way down round one and further.

I also expect some of the defensive top tier stud athletes in their position will gain prominence, and become daily conversation pieces at some point.

Anyhow....always a great time on the NFL offseason!!
    Last edited by CanDB; 02-24-2020 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    So here we go again....whose stock will rise and whose will fall? My gut tells me (that I have heartburn and....) QBs will become more loved as we go further into the process, and FA will be the X factor to some degree. A team like The Chargers needs a vet, but they might also need a 1st rounder. This position is almost always the one that gets the attention, and I will not be surprised if this year is the same.
    Will it be a legitimate rising of stock, or fan hype and media talk ? Last year with predictions of up to 6 or even 7 guys being drafted in the first round at the quarterback position, that story line fell flat and it didn't happen as it was a weak class of guys despite media talk. So even in a desperate league last year, guys for the most part fell where their tape put them. I think this year though, stock will be legitimate and on the rise throughout the process as the group on offer this year is much better. I am hoping to see as many quarterbacks as possible slide into that top 14 picks to push a few more guys our way, and with the group coming out, it is a real possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...-get-measured/

heres an article i got. tua still has the second biggest hands.
    That goes quite a ways to answer questions about his stature.

I think Ill use this draft class to test my hypothesis on QBs with longer wingspans and how it relates to success or lack thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I think Ill use this draft class to test my hypothesis on QBs with longer wingspans and how it relates to success or lack thereof.
    Indeed. Please report back in 3-5 years after youve gathered said data.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Will it be a legitimate rising of stock, or fan hype and media talk ? Last year with predictions of up to 6 or even 7 guys being drafted in the first round at the quarterback position, that story line fell flat and it didn't happen as it was a weak class of guys despite media talk. So even in a desperate league last year, guys for the most part fell where their tape put them. I think this year though, stock will be legitimate and on the rise throughout the process as the group on offer this year is much better. I am hoping to see as many quarterbacks as possible slide into that top 14 picks to push a few more guys our way, and with the group coming out, it is a real possibility.
    I think media and hype add to the flavour, but I would attribute a lot of rise and fall with the following:
    1) A player either knocks it out of the park (think Julio Jones) or comes up short during the combine. These ups and downs can significantly impact the end results.
    2) A player is found guilty of some act/comment that provides reason for concern (think Tunsil), even if it is overblown to some degree. This is especially true of first rounders, and the higher the potential selection the more relevant it can become, given the draft capital involved.
    3) During the selection process, players can endear themselves a bit more due to their character/personality, but really hurt themselves if they come across badly with multiple teams.
    4) Teams get enamoured with certain positions, especially QB, which can often over-value the players involved.
    5) Certain types of injury can make teams back off for one or more rounds.

There are other reasons of course, but these ones stick out for me.

Made the thread “official”. Keep up the updates ! Thanks..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Yeah because guys like me that don't have the NFL network anymore can't watch the workouts

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Yeah because guys like me that don't have the NFL network anymore can't watch the workouts
    last year it let me watch it as long as my phone wasn't on wifi using the nfl app

oakland raders gm

last year it let me watch it as long as my phone wasn't on wifi using the nfl app
    Thank you!! I'll give it a shot

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Do I get a ribbon or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    That goes quite a ways to answer questions about his stature.
    the hands are a big win for Tua for sure. having big hands is important generally in the nfl.

oakland raders gm

the hands are a big win for Tua for sure. having big hands is important generally in the nfl.
    I expected him to be 510. Hes every bit as big as Russel Wilson.