Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Do I get a ribbon or something?

My eternal admiration... that and a dollar buys you a pop! Haha
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Nicky Jhabvala has been tweeting all morning about Broncos and holding informal meetings with some prospects.

WR - Clemson- Tee Higgins - completed informal meeting
    WR - LSU - Justin Jefferson - completes informal meeting
    TE - VT - Dalton Keene - completes informal meeting

WR - UCF - Gabriel Davis - scheduled interview for this week
    Last edited by DN1218; 02-25-2020 at 08:20 AM.

Klis reported meeting between Den and Shenault as well.

Ruggs had an informal meeting with Denver as well.

knowing that Elway generally drafts the guys he has meetings with I think itís a safe bet that Ruggs is the guy theyíre looking at taking at 15 with Viska being a trade back option and Higgins being insurance for Viska.

At least thatís how I see the WR board panning out as of now. We will see who else they talk to and hold workouts with, there will probably be some linemen that creep above the latter WRs. Itíll be interesting to see if they talk to Lamb or Jeudy as well. I would say Queen or Murray could too but Elway doesnít value ILBs that high.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    knowing that Elway generally drafts the guys he has meetings with I think it’s a safe bet that Ruggs is the guy they’re looking at taking at 15 with Viska being a trade back option and Higgins being insurance for Viska.

At least that’s how I see the WR board panning out as of now. We will see who else they talk to and hold workouts with, there will probably be some linemen that creep above the latter WRs. It’ll be interesting to see if they talk to Lamb or Jeudy as well. I would say Queen or Murray could too but Elway doesn’t value ILBs that high.
    I think the opposite. I am with you that we usually draft with whom we have met. However, Fangios comments lead me to believe they are going WR second round (at least for now). Of course, FA is going to change everything 100% so who knows. I wish FA could just get here already. That would be nice.
    So far:
    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

knowing that Elway generally drafts the guys he has meetings with I think itís a safe bet that Ruggs is the guy theyíre looking at taking at 15 with Viska being a trade back option and Higgins being insurance for Viska.

At least thatís how I see the WR board panning out as of now. We will see who else they talk to and hold workouts with, there will probably be some linemen that creep above the latter WRs. Itíll be interesting to see if they talk to Lamb or Jeudy as well. I would say Queen or Murray could too but Elway doesnít value ILBs that high.
    I donít think we met with Chubb.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I donít think we met with Chubb.
    No we didnít but I donít think they expected him to be there when they picked same with Courtland Sutton. That draft class in particular we met with Jewell, Bierria, Davontae Harris (now on team), Duke Dawson (now on team), DaeSean Hamilton, Troy Fumagalli, Phillip Lindsay. I canít find anything on it but Iím pretty sure we met with David Williams as well maybe at the east west shrine game. Coincidentally Elway also ran into Sam Jones (who works out with Connor McGovern) 3 days before the draft.

No we didnít but I donít think they expected him to be there when they picked same with Courtland Sutton. That draft class in particular we met with Jewell, Bierria, Davontae Harris (now on team), Duke Dawson (now on team), DaeSean Hamilton, Troy Fumagalli, Phillip Lindsay. I canít find anything on it but Iím pretty sure we met with David Williams as well maybe at the east west shrine game. Coincidentally Elway also ran into Sam Jones (who works out with Connor McGovern) 3 days before the draft.
    Thats good info. I didnít know all of that.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...arddash-record

the interveiw of ruggs here is pretty good i love his attitude in football

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv0VTAJYm10

fangio at the combine interviewed by NBC sports.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I know there's a lot of personnel decisions (big one being FA, obviously) between now and the draft, but just the thought that at #15, the fact we are in a prime position to pick the "best of the rest" of the WR's outside of Jeudy and Lamb... has me salivating.

I know receivers take at least a year to develop, but this is a historic crop of athletes. I cannot remember a draft class that was this stacked in recent memory. Add in the fact that this is a genuine need for our roster makes this pre-draft process that more crucial (and exciting, from a fan's perspective).

Let's break down our current personnel.

1. Courtland Sutton -- offensive MVP of 2019, the young Pro Bowler has his best years ahead of him as he develops chemistry with Lock
    2. Tim Patrick (RFA) -- a restricted FA, but is a hard-worker and provides size and sure-hands for our offense, biggest knock is his limited upside
    3. Daesean Hamilton -- rebounded nicely once Lock took over, struggled with drops throughout the season but showed promise in the slot
    4. Diontae Spencer (ERFA) -- nice find last season, solid returner and made the most of his offensive reps, most notably his incredible run blocking efforts
    5. Juwann Winfree -- preseason gem, was inactive most of last year, needs a big offseason to crack the rotation

Our two free agents, Patrick and Spencer, could be brought back for cheap. While our receiving corps are pretty young, it is apparent that we need an injection of talent and more overall speed and athleticism to take this offense to the next level. We have great draft capital within the first three rounds-- and that is where the bulk of the talent in this 2020 class lies. While I do not think Jeudy or Lamb falls to us, they are both elite route runners. You take Jeudy if you want a guy who will get killer separation, top-notch short area quickness, and lanky speed. You take Lamb if you want proven production (top target for Mayfield, Murray, and Hurts), sure hands, and insane RAC ability. After those two, it is really a "pick your weapon of choice" type of class (the following prospects range anywhere from Rounds 1-4)

Want a blazing speedster who will stretch the field with Lock's rifle of an arm? There is Henry Ruggs III, Laviska Shenault Jr., KJ Hamler, Jalen Reagor, and Brandon Aiyuk.

Want a big-bodied receiver who can be a red-zone threat opposite of Sutton? There is Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, Bryan Edwards, and Isaiah Hodgins.

Want a sure-handed route-maestro who can get open at will? There is Justin Jefferson, Denzel Mims, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Van Jefferson, and Quartney Davis.

There's many more receivers available later on in the draft that could nicely fill a certain niche on offense, but the aforementioned guys are top talents that I would love on our team. Depending on how we feel about Tim Patrick's upside, Diontae Spencer's role, and Juwann Winfree's development... we may be in a position where we could potentially double-dip in this draft class (it worked out pretty well last time in 2018).

Before y'all say anything, YES, there are pressing needs along the offensive line, defensive line, and cornerback. Nothing will be conclusive about what we do at #15 until we see how the board falls. Heck, with a total of 12 picks (nine selections + three projected compensatory picks), we might even trade UP (Jeudy/Lamb... I'm looking at you). It would be a mistake not to invest in a receiver with at least one of our five picks within the first three rounds. It makes me happy that Elway/Fangio/Russell are doing their due diligence at the Combine on these receivers.

After all this analysis (a great distraction from my midterms ), if I was the FO at #15, I would have a pretty tough choice. At the end of the day, it will ultimately depend on free agency and where the first four OT's are picked. If we do not aggressively pursue defensive line in free agency, I believe Javon Kinlaw is definitely in play for us. Arizona and NYJ could easily go either OT or WR. The Las Vegas Raiders should definitely take a WR first, but who knows what Mayock will do.

If AZ/NYJ go OT, then one of either Jeudy/Lamb will be available to us. Which ever one the Raiders don't pick, we should run to the podium with their name. In this scenario, I'm thinking NYG picks Jedrick Wills Jr., AZ/NYJ opt to protect their young QB's with OT talent (Becton and Thomas, respectively), and Cleveland takes Wirfs. And if I'm Mike Mayock, I don't overthink it and take the best receiver in Jerry Jeudy. This should mean CeeDee Lamb is a Denver Bronco. Tampa Bay right ahead of us is very intriguing. They are a prime candidate to select Javon Kinlaw. If they do, a WR has to be our pick.

If one of AZ/NYJ go WR (Jeudy), then the Raiders take Lamb. Staying consistent with the scenario, Kinlaw goes to TB... leaving us with a falling OT (I predict Andrew Thomas) and the rest of the receiving class to choose from. Thomas has been my OT1 all year, but I have a strong feeling that Elway/Munchak roll with Bolles and James in a "prove-it" season for 2020. So, with Jeudy/Lamb off the board, my pick at #15 would be Henry Ruggs III.

Ruggs has a hand size of 10 1/8 inches (bigger than Jeudy/Lamb) and will likely run in the 4.2 range easily (I wager a 4.26 official forty). He is a much better route runner than previous speedsters that were drafted early, and he has a penchant to make tough catches. And, to this board's delight, he never had a problem with drops. He has drawn comparisons to Tyreek Hill, DeSean Jackson, and Brandin Cooks. Give me that kind of offensive talent to pair with Drew Lock all day.

Lastly, in a scenario where we don't pick a WR in the first round-- I would gladly take the Baylor product and Senior Bowl standout Denzel Mims with our first pick in the 3rd round.
    2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
    Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Except he never met with Chubb or Paxton lol

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    Except he never met with Chubb or Paxton lol
    They actually did meet with Lynch

I can not wait to see what Ruggs will run I am saying 4.2...i sure hope he Is there at 15