Which Draftees' Stock Is Rising and Falling This Offseason (Prior To The Draft)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SaltySnipes
    Bench Warmer
    • Sep 2016

Originally posted by Broncosohio87 View Post
    Laviska Shenault. I see this kids stock soaring.
    Lol more like tank city. We could snag him in the second now

Comment

• myoung
      Captain
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
      Lol more like tank city. We could snag him in the second now
      No kidding Laviska Shenault may go into a freefall. He ran slow and got hurt. I would be shocked if he went in the first round and might fall to the third.

Trey Adams was terrible. He might not get drafted at this point

Some others that are soaring are:

Chase Claypool. He was so fast and runs a tremendous route tree. He is so big and fast and runs tremendous routes. He could rise all the way to the 2nd round
      Ezra Cleveland. Came out as a stud tackle. If the OT class was not so strong he would be a first rounder. He is probably the best pass blocking OT in this draft, has 40 starts at BSU, and testing off the charts at the combine. I would love to get this kid
      Pitman - huge and fast enough. He tracks the ball so well

of course Jefferson and Mims tested so great too.

I think all of these WRs will cause Raegor and Viska to fall further than most expect

Comment

• lvbronx
        Old School
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        I think you have a good case re: Love, but Herbert had a really good combine....which if anything, gets him back into the picture. But whose to say....til draft day.
        Check McShay's and other mocks before and after the combine. McShay didn't have Love going in the first round before the combine, he now has Love going 6 overall.

Comment

• lvbronx
          Old School
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
          Herbert very well might go #1 overall
          If it were real money, I'd take that bet all day long.

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
            Football Immortal
            • May 2010

Originally posted by myoung View Post
            No kidding Laviska Shenault may go into a freefall. He ran slow and got hurt. I would be shocked if he went in the first round and might fall to the third.

Chase Claypool. He was so fast and runs a tremendous route tree. He is so big and fast and runs tremendous routes. He could rise all the way to the 2nd round
            Ezra Cleveland. Came out as a stud tackle. If the OT class was not so strong he would be a first rounder. He is probably the best pass blocking OT in this draft, has 40 starts at BSU, and testing off the charts at the combine. I would love to get this kid

I think all of these WRs will cause Raegor and Viska to fall further than most expect
            Viska came into the combine with an injuried and then under preformed. He also had that injury most of last season. That is still his biggest concerns but I still bet he goes in the second. He or reagor could be a good option in the second taking there upside is alot higher.
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• WYBRONCO
              Football Immortal
              • May 2016

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
              Viska came into the combine with an injuried and then under preformed. He also had that injury most of last season. That is still his biggest concerns but I still bet he goes in the second. He or reagor could be a good option in the second taking there upside is alot higher.
              Both Shenault and Raegor can play slot receiver that is a real benefit to Denver. I think Raegor runs faster at his pro day. Viska in the slot creates a ton of matchup problems. You could sell me an OL and or DL in rd 1 paired with Shenault in rd 2.

Comment

• CanDB
                Football Immortal
                • Mar 2008

Yes....he was playing with the injury, which is much different than coming to the combine, running slower, and then getting injured.

Recovery time is 6-8 weeks. If anything, I think he will be popular at the draft, because folks know what he brings, and he will be healed by summer.

Comment

• CanDB
                  Football Immortal
                  • Mar 2008

Yes....he was playing with the injury, which is much different than coming to the combine, running slower, and then getting injured.

Recovery time is 6-8 weeks. If anything, I think he will be popular at the draft, because folks know what he brings, and he will be all healed by summer. Healthier than he was at the end of last season.

Comment

• myoung
                    Captain
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Recovery time is 6-8 weeks. If anything, I think he will be popular at the draft, because folks know what he brings, and he will be all healed by summer. Healthier than he was at the end of last season.
                    He has a serious injury risk and now may not be able to run again. He only has a very slow time on the books. I think it will affect his draft stock. His game looks a lot different if he is a legit 4.6 guy. His style doesn't bode well if he doesn't run fast enough. The fact that he couldn't do the other quickness related tests also hurts. He may go in the second, but it is hard to see why someone would take a risk on him when there are so many WRs in this draft. I don't think there is any way he goes above the top 6 guys and will be lucky to be 1 of the top 10 WRs drafted. I think there is an outside chance 15 WRs go before him

Comment

• CanDB
                      Football Immortal
                      • Mar 2008

He has a serious injury risk and now may not be able to run again. He only has a very slow time on the books. I think it will affect his draft stock. His game looks a lot different if he is a legit 4.6 guy. His style doesn't bode well if he doesn't run fast enough. The fact that he couldn't do the other quickness related tests also hurts. He may go in the second, but it is hard to see why someone would take a risk on him when there are so many WRs in this draft. I don't think there is any way he goes above the top 6 guys and will be lucky to be 1 of the top 10 WRs drafted. I think there is an outside chance 15 WRs go before him
                      I agree...until he is proven healthy, it may hang over his head, for some teams. I think that any team interested in him will do the due diligence on the medical side, and if they liked him before, will probably still like him going forward based on the reasonable recovery time estimated.

Comment

• CanDB
                        Football Immortal
                        • Mar 2008

Any adds to the list?

It's not as easy this time around, because we do not see or hear about the workouts/interviews/medicals/news in general. I get a feeling that we may not hear anything really negative, in social media. The world has more things on its mind....though there are always those who like to stir up things.

I still think Simmons goes earlier than expected, a couple of months back. And with that, I expect one of the ILBs to rise a little.

Love is interesting, because he might go higher than previously thought.

And I still sense that a pass rusher or two will be chosen earlier, given there are so few....and teams covet them.

And once again, WRs will be a focus of this draft...BUT which ones will go earlier or later than expected??? I will be quite interested in those who go after the big 3, and in what order.

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                          Football Immortal
                          • May 2010

Any one that watches his tape should be able to tell he is alot faster then the time he posted
                          sigpic
                          oakland raders gm

Comment

• brianmcfarlane
                            Football Immortal
                            • Dec 2012

Andrew Thomas earlier was being considered probably the best OT available but now it seems he is possibly considered the 4th? best available. Not sure if that is because of something other than the other OTs now looking better with more exposure from the combine or something negative about Thomas? Becton I think has risen, especially since the combine but seems to be more about his physical measurements/40 time than anything else.
                            I am hoping that Thomas falls to #15, that would be what the Broncos need, IMO.
                            sigpic

Comment

• HDbroncos02
                              Football Immortal
                              • Sep 2012

Any one that watches his tape should be able to tell he is alot faster then the time he posted
                              I believe he had a groin injury at the time of his 40? If he was fully healthy, I could see him being a 4.48-4.50 guy. His playmaking ability and field vision stands out on tape. He’s not a burner but he’s a threat with the ball in his hands. A great OC will find a way to get him involved.

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                                Football Immortal
                                • May 2010

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                                I believe he had a groin injury at the time of his 40? If he was fully healthy, I could see him being a 4.48-4.50 guy. His playmaking ability and field vision stands out on tape. He’s not a burner but he’s a threat with the ball in his hands. A great OC will find a way to get him involved.
                                During his sophomore season there was reports of him running a 4.3 I think he is a solid 4.4 guy probably low. If you look at his sophomore season there are times he just runs right past every one
                                sigpic
                                oakland raders gm

Comment

Working...
                                X