Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I don't know. My impression from last year is that the Offense let the team down more than the Defense or Special teams. Sure, D/ST had their screw ups too. But our O consistently let us down (run and pass) until Drew Lock came in and started compensating for our mediocre (at best) O-Line. And he started making players look pretty good all of a sudden that I had all but written off. I swear I actually saw Booker even make a few plays here and there, which stunned me. I guess what I'm saying is that I want them to draft the BPA at a position of need. When we make our first selection I want to be impressed with the guy, and I want to get the feeling that he will make an immediate positive impact on the team. I'm not so sure a WR is going to do that. I think a guy who can come in at Guard and then move to Tackle later on would do that. I think that if a guy isn't available at #15 who could make an immediate positive impact then they should try to trade back instead.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    In your opinion. I still don't believe it is. and I think it is dumb if we go signing free agent offensive lineman, for many reasons. The market is extremely bloated for the guys on offer year on year, we will be overpaying, and we went that route last year. Locking up multiple big contracts with free agents in that group isn't smart, and when you look at the free agent success Elway has had on the offensive line, surely he has to question if he should go that route again, the track record is beyond piss poor.

I'm also not saying the first pick must be offensive line, just draft one for the sake of it, just that picking a wide reciever in a deep class, on a perennial loser, a year on from taking a pass catcher in the first round, isn't smart. I think we should be looking at other position and player needs and there will plenty of worthy prospects at 15 who would grade out as good as the wide receivers on offer. We are also thin at a lot of other areas too.
    So if we go into the draft with Jason Peters, Mike Remmers, and McGovern, along with Bolles, Risner, and James, then selecting anybody other than OL is a luxury pick?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    So if we go into the draft with Jason Peters, Mike Remmers, and McGovern, along with Bolles, Risner, and James, then selecting anybody other than OL is a luxury pick?
    I think Flacco made our line look way worse than it is. Horse Rooster lock is super mobile and has a very quick release. I wouldn’t made o line a priority when we need to shut down Mahomes twice a year.

While I prefer to bolster the OL and DL, we do have a glaring need at WR. I'd prefer OL or DL in the first round but if we don't trade down, or up, then I have no problem taking one of the top WR, rather than reaching for another position.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    I think Flacco made our line look way worse than it is. Horse Rooster lock is super mobile and has a very quick release. I wouldn’t made o line a priority when we need to shut down Mahomes twice a year.
    We are not going to shutdown Mahomes twice a year. We can certainly make defensive improvements so they don’t score 45 on us every time.

We will need to be able to score points to beat them. Not suggesting we build a team to get in a shootout, but we have to be able to hold the ball and put points on the board.

We won’t be beating Mahomes 6-3

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    that's exactly how you stop Mahomes. We need to have sustained drives that take a lot of time off the clock and scores points. The best way to do that is to start with a dominant OLine.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    that's exactly how you stop Mahomes. We need to have sustained drives that take a lot of time off the clock and scores points. The best way to do that is to start with a dominant OLine.
    100% true, nobody can shut down KC, the best defense is a good offense

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    100% true, nobody can shut down KC, the best defense is a good offense
    agreed. They averaged 39/game in the playoffs.

Need to be good in all three phases to win championships, really no value in arguing O vs D.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Can I safely conclude that folks are enamoured with WRs this year and for good reason??

I really like hamler and bowden

It is deep Jefferson looks good Higgins looks good shenualt looks good all could have gone top 10 if it wasnt such a loaded class

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    I really like hamler and bowden

It is deep Jefferson looks good Higgins looks good shenualt looks good all could have gone top 10 if it wasnt such a loaded class
    Yeah....imagine of there was no Lamb/Jeudy/Ruggs in this draft. It would probably still be a decent year for WRs. Given those 3 are part of it makes it exceptional!

^^^^Imagine "if"

(dang my editing)

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    ^^^^Imagine "if"

(dang my editing)
    heres a donut

im not enamored with wr. right now it looks like we have several options at 15 no matter what happens. looks like theres quality options at o line for a bit so id be content to go wr/thomas/kinlaw in the first. id like to get kindley and biadasz as well. hopefully diggs or chinn in the 2nd but wont hold my breath.

I think the WR position in general is something fans and some GMs get over enamored with. We had three great WRs and a great TE (DT, Decker, Welker and J Thomas at TE)...completely shut down in SB. Fans seem to forget how absolutely loaded we were at the skill position.

WRs are going the way of the RB, NE shows us by rotating guys in and out of their system. They have one staple, it was Welker and then Edelmann, add in a dynamic TE and they were good to go. Before Gronk it was Moss and Welker, before Moss and Welker it was a bunch of avg guys.

Point being, you only need two great pass receivers, we have Sutton and Fant (in theory), this is even more true when you havd a great pass catching option at RB. I really can't think of any teams that had great success paying for multiple Wrs.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots