Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: AJ Dillion

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    42

    AJ Dillion

    I love this kid. If you watch his interviews he seems so humble, hard working, and very intelligent. He is a vicious runner, with size, power and speed. I would love to pick this guy up. Him being a 1-2 punch with Lindsay would be insane!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    917
    Would he be there in the fourth round ? Wouldn't mind that.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bear Valley in The 5280
    Posts
    14,476
    Dillion is the type of hard nose runner that this offense needs. He fights for more yards upon being tackled, always looking to go the extra mile rather than looking for a place to fall like so many NFL divas.

    If Denver can grab him somewhere in the mid rounds, it would be pretty fantastic. That is why itís hard to trade any picks away to move up.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 02-29-2020 at 06:45 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,360
    Haven't really been impressed by his game tape. Would much rather go for Moss, Taylor, Edwards-Helaire if we go RB in round 2/3.

    Dillon is probably a 4-5 round type guy but he doesn't have the contact balance of the backs I listed above. I just don't see his game translating to the NFL.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,562
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Haven't really been impressed by his game tape. Would much rather go for Moss, Taylor, Edwards-Helaire if we go RB in round 2/3.

    Dillon is probably a 4-5 round type guy but he doesn't have the contact balance of the backs I listed above. I just don't see his game translating to the NFL.
    John taylor probably is a late first rounder. I like dillion he lacks much agility but his game should translate well as a short yard back and goal line back which I feel would compliment lindsay well.

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,463
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Haven't really been impressed by his game tape. Would much rather go for Moss, Taylor, Edwards-Helaire if we go RB in round 2/3.

    Dillon is probably a 4-5 round type guy but he doesn't have the contact balance of the backs I listed above. I just don't see his game translating to the NFL.
    Round 4 sounds about the area we would take him. From what I've heard Shurmur prefers a feature back, so maybe we target a Dobbins, Swift, or Taylor in round 2 if that's the case. Dillon to me seems like a specialty guy, and there is a role for that. At the end of the day Freeman is just OK at pretty much everything, but not good at any one thing.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    John taylor probably is a late first rounder. I like dillion he lacks much agility but his game should translate well as a short yard back and goal line back which I feel would compliment lindsay well.
    Problem with Taylor is that he didn't show a lot as a pass catcher during his year. I think this keeps him out of the 1st, and probably puts him as the 3rd overall RB. At the end of the day he will get the Wisconsin system RB label which won't help. I personally am a big fan of his though.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    16,539
    Dillon reminds me a lot of Michael Turner. Iíd love to see him on the team

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    31,564
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Haven't really been impressed by his game tape. Would much rather go for Moss, Taylor, Edwards-Helaire if we go RB in round 2/3.

    Dillon is probably a 4-5 round type guy but he doesn't have the contact balance of the backs I listed above. I just don't see his game translating to the NFL.
    That's the question about any draft prospect going from college to pro football, but especially for RBs. Phillip Lindsey, Raheem Mostert and Austin Ekeler have had success in spite of not being drafted. I had followed Arian Foster since high school and thought his game translated well to the NFL when he was playing at Tennessee. NFL scouts didn't agree, and he wasn't drafted either. A lot depends on the system and how it is coached.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,463
    Something I stumbled across today was an athletic comparison between Dillon and Derrick Henry.

    Dillon/Henry
    Height: 6'0/6'3
    Weight: 247/247
    Bench: 23/22
    Broad: 131"/130"
    Vert: 41"/37"
    40: 4.53/4.54
    3Cone: 7.19/7.2

    Stylistically and Athletically it's a very interesting comparison.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,360
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Something I stumbled across today was an athletic comparison between Dillon and Derrick Henry.

    Dillon/Henry
    Height: 6'0/6'3
    Weight: 247/247
    Bench: 23/22
    Broad: 131"/130"
    Vert: 41"/37"
    40: 4.53/4.54
    3Cone: 7.19/7.2

    Stylistically and Athletically it's a very interesting comparison.
    Then you put on the game tape...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    16,539
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Then you put on the game tape...
    Doesnít look that different to me, both are most dangerous once they get a full head of steam. BC doesnít have a great line though so he has to work a lot harder. I think Dillon May actually be a little better at shrugging off hits to his legs than Henry is due to the lower center of gravity

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    16,624
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Then you put on the game tape...
    Exactly, a 40 time doesnít tell us heíll be any better than Freeman

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,463
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Doesnít look that different to me, both are most dangerous once they get a full head of steam. BC doesnít have a great line though so he has to work a lot harder. I think Dillon May actually be a little better at shrugging off hits to his legs than Henry is due to the lower center of gravity
    Especially when you factor in the difference in OL talent they both had

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,360
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Doesnít look that different to me, both are most dangerous once they get a full head of steam. BC doesnít have a great line though so he has to work a lot harder. I think Dillon May actually be a little better at shrugging off hits to his legs than Henry is due to the lower center of gravity
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Especially when you factor in the difference in OL talent they both had
    It really must be combine season. Henry is a Heisman winner who nearly took his team to the Super Bowl when the defense knew he was getting the ball every play.

    Dillon might be a good player in the NFL but he's not even close to the type of player Henry was when he came out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •