Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Broncos vs Falcons in London

Apparently it's about to become official....

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...cial-next-week

From what I understand the game won't be in Wembley, but the other stadium I believe. A winnable game, and I can justify the game with a "vacation" Im intrigued.

Last edited by L.M.; 03-01-2020 at 11:49 AM.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

This will be good for our British mates!

I'm just glad it's an away game for Denver. We still get our allotted home games actually at home

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I'm just glad it's an away game for Denver. We still get our allotted home games actually at home
    Yes....this is what I keep thinking about. These international games favour the visitor, because home field is not exactly the same thing when you are playing elsewhere. If I had my way, we'd always be the visitor in those games.

Us fans that live in Atlanta always show up! 16 years between games is a joke!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Yes....this is what I keep thinking about. These international games favour the visitor, because home field is not exactly the same thing when you are playing elsewhere. If I had my way, we'd always be the visitor in those games.
    Im fairly certain the Broncos can only be the visiting team in these games, at least until they go to 17 games. I think their agreement for the stadium requires them to play 8 home regular season games at the stadium. I could be wrong though.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post
    Us fans that live in Atlanta always show up! 16 years between games is a joke!
    What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    What do you mean?
    Think he means 16 years since the Broncos played in Atlanta last. Maybe?
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Think he means 16 years since the Broncos played in Atlanta last. Maybe?
    I know weve played there since Matt Ryan has been there. Spencer Larsen led the team in tackles that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    What do you mean?
    he means that since we only play NFC teams every 4 years, 1 home and 1 away, so we play in ATL every 8 years. Since the game in ATL is moved to London it will have been 16 years between games by the time we play there again in 8 years.

edit: I'm only painfully aware of this because I live in Charlotte and it's been 8 years since the broncos played here and won with Peyton. Looking forward to going to the Panthers game this year after a long wait! Glad it wasn't the Charlotte game that is moving to London.
    Last edited by Skylan; 03-03-2020 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylan View Post
    he means that since we only play NFC teams every 4 years, 1 home and 1 away, so we play in ATL every 8 years. Since the game in ATL is moved to London it will have been 16 years between games by the time we play there again in 8 years.

edit: I'm only painfully aware of this because I live in Charlotte and it's been 8 years since the broncos played here and won with Peyton. Looking forward to going to the Panthers game this year after a long wait! Glad it wasn't the Charlotte game that is moving to London.
    That makes sense, thank you.

This will be one fun away game to attend. I am excited to travel to London AND watch the Broncos. Heck, even catch an Premier League game the same weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    This will be good for our British mates!
    Not me necessarily, I have booked flights to Denver in October in the hope they'll be playing stateside, had my holidays allocated for then so had no choice! Fingers crossed it works out that I can see both games!
    Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!