Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,612

    Broncos vs Falcons in London

    Apparently it's about to become official....

    https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...cial-next-week

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,454
    From what I understand the game won't be in Wembley, but the other stadium I believe. A winnable game, and I can justify the game with a "vacation" Im intrigued.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,978
    Last edited by L.M.; 03-01-2020 at 11:49 AM.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    35,988
    This will be good for our British mates!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,612
    I'm just glad it's an away game for Denver. We still get our allotted home games actually at home

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    35,988
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I'm just glad it's an away game for Denver. We still get our allotted home games actually at home
    Yes....this is what I keep thinking about. These international games favour the visitor, because home field is not exactly the same thing when you are playing elsewhere. If I had my way, we'd always be the visitor in those games.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,170
    Us fans that live in Atlanta always show up! 16 years between games is a joke!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,683
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Yes....this is what I keep thinking about. These international games favour the visitor, because home field is not exactly the same thing when you are playing elsewhere. If I had my way, we'd always be the visitor in those games.
    Im fairly certain the Broncos can only be the visiting team in these games, at least until they go to 17 games. I think their agreement for the stadium requires them to play 8 home regular season games at the stadium. I could be wrong though.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    16,606
    Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post
    Us fans that live in Atlanta always show up! 16 years between games is a joke!
    What do you mean?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    6,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    What do you mean?
    Think he means 16 years since the Broncos played in Atlanta last. Maybe?
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    16,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Think he means 16 years since the Broncos played in Atlanta last. Maybe?
    I know weve played there since Matt Ryan has been there. Spencer Larsen led the team in tackles that day.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    What do you mean?
    he means that since we only play NFC teams every 4 years, 1 home and 1 away, so we play in ATL every 8 years. Since the game in ATL is moved to London it will have been 16 years between games by the time we play there again in 8 years.

    edit: I'm only painfully aware of this because I live in Charlotte and it's been 8 years since the broncos played here and won with Peyton. Looking forward to going to the Panthers game this year after a long wait! Glad it wasn't the Charlotte game that is moving to London.
    Last edited by Skylan; 03-03-2020 at 10:38 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    16,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylan View Post
    he means that since we only play NFC teams every 4 years, 1 home and 1 away, so we play in ATL every 8 years. Since the game in ATL is moved to London it will have been 16 years between games by the time we play there again in 8 years.

    edit: I'm only painfully aware of this because I live in Charlotte and it's been 8 years since the broncos played here and won with Peyton. Looking forward to going to the Panthers game this year after a long wait! Glad it wasn't the Charlotte game that is moving to London.
    That makes sense, thank you.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northglenn
    Posts
    16
    This will be one fun away game to attend. I am excited to travel to London AND watch the Broncos. Heck, even catch an Premier League game the same weekend.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Posts
    2,416
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    This will be good for our British mates!
    Not me necessarily, I have booked flights to Denver in October in the hope they'll be playing stateside, had my holidays allocated for then so had no choice! Fingers crossed it works out that I can see both games!
    Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •