Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    i think people blow the " we don't have oline way out of proportion

bolles gave up a lot of holding penalties, that is true, some were on run plays, he allowed four sacks playing again some very good pass rushers
    Wilkerson gave up sacks like candy at Halloween, 8 on the season

but J James is heads and tails above Wilkerson, even jake rodgers showed a better ability to block the edge at rt than Wilkerson

then you must consider the flacco effect...flacco was a statue, a unmovable pocket sloth of a qb who was sacked 26 time in 8 games, brandon allen came in and was sacked 9 times in three games

that's 35 sacks in 11 games...is that all attributed to the Oline? some of you act like it is

3.2 sacks per game under flacco and allen

1 sack per game under Lock...AS A ROOKIE WHO NEVER GOT TO PRACTISE ALL SEASON UNTIL WEEL 9 !!

did the oline suddenly get better? did it finally click in week 11? or did a QB who can make plays, move in the pocket and pass the ball make a difference

consider our #2 and #3 wrs had a total of 44 receptions combined... ROYCE FREEMAN HAD 43 BY HIMSELF!!!

we absolutely need another receiver, specifically one that can take the top off the defense, we need a play maker opposite of sutton
    I agree with all of this. Obviously, we need to acquire a starting RG and potentially a C if McGovern leaves, but I think both of those will be addressed in FA, with potentially someone like Biadasz in the 3rd to compete/learn behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I agree with all of this. Obviously, we need to acquire a starting RG and potentially a C if McGovern leaves, but I think both of those will be addressed in FA, with potentially someone like Biadasz in the 3rd to compete/learn behind.
    I think Schlottmann? Who filled in for Leary did a solid job at RG

If one of the top tackles is there at 15 with Ruggs... it’s a hard choice

Pff for whatever they are worth graded bolles as one of the best OT in the latter part of the season, we know he is a beast in the run game, and I would attribute some holds to Flacco holding the ball or not seeing the field
    And bolles knowing he either holds or let the QB get drilled

But we all should know we need desperately another impact wr to help this offense grow

So it would be a tuff choice
    Last edited by arapaho; 03-12-2020 at 09:13 AM.