Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Broncos looking at FA RBs

https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...free-agent-rbs

Apparently we could be going after a top FA RB, who would be the target I wander???

Gordon? Henry???? 😳😳

I think we may have been underestimating the RB need here. If it's this pressing of a need, I'm all aboard the Henry train, and in the draft Johnathan Taylor.

Maybe Matt Brieda?

I know Lindsay provides a dynamic option but we don't have anyone else that brings a ton of speed from the RB position.

Cecil Lammey said there were rumors that Arizona is thinking about giving up a draft pick to move off the David Johnson contract. He speculated even a 2nd or 3rd to do it. I'd be interested in a move like that.

I wouldn’t go after a FA. Dillon or Akers would be solid mid round picks, Phillips would be a good late round addition. Dillon hasn’t shown the ability to be a capable receiver which is probably a quality we’re looking for so maybe the LSU RB.

I feel so bad for Royce Freeman. The team tries to use him as a complimentary power back to Lindsay but that's not what he was drafted to do. He was drafted to be a 3 down back. He really has the skill to do it all but he hardly gets the chance to do it

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Cecil Lammey said there were rumors that Arizona is thinking about giving up a draft pick to move off the David Johnson contract. He speculated even a 2nd or 3rd to do it. I'd be interested in a move like that.
    I would give up 1 3rd for that chance. I do want some confirmation that David Johnson is healthy. Dobbins, and Taylor are really good RB's, not sure if we invest a pick that soon. I like what I am hearing about a couple of the later round guys too.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    I feel so bad for Royce Freeman. The team tries to use him as a complimentary power back to Lindsay but that's not what he was drafted to do. He was drafted to be a 3 down back. He really has the skill to do it all but he hardly gets the chance to do it
    Good point, up until the last 5 games we had to throw on 3rd down because we always seemed to need more than 5 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    I would give up 1 3rd for that chance. I do want some confirmation that David Johnson is healthy. Dobbins, and Taylor are really good RB's, not sure if we invest a pick that soon. I like what I am hearing about a couple of the later round guys too.
    Let's stay away from the injured veterans for a little bit

Royce isn't bad at anything, but he's also not good at anything either tbh. He also took a step back this year. There was a report that someone with knowledge of out thinking said "Freeman sucks as a runner"

Let's stay away from the injured veterans for a little bit
    If we were looking at him to be an every down starter I'd agree. You get a once highly productive back as a compliment to Lindsay, and extra day 2 pick is an interesting proposition

Freeman would have earned his unquestioned status as a starter three down back by now. He hasn't, so right now guys like Gordon and Hyde have to be considered. Lindsay in his immediate first season exploded out the gate as an undrafted free agent, Freeman is clearly not the same caliber.

If we were looking at him to be an every down starter I'd agree. You get a once highly productive back as a compliment to Lindsay, and extra day 2 pick is an interesting proposition
    Jonathan Taylor would be the best day 2 option imo.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Jonathan Taylor would be the best day 2 option imo.
    If we are taking a RB that high, he's definitely the guy I'd target.