Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I would love Henry or Gordon as Broncos. Drake had a good year too.

Get one of those guys onboard and draft a WR in the first round and the O looks lethal. And it will have to be with KC to contend with twice a year.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I fear that with a FA back or a high round pick would only spell trouble for Lindsay. He wants to be featured and any of the mentioned options would/could potentially cause problems, imo.
    Lindsay has been a great find but I donít want to ever pay him big money. I certainly donít think RB is our highest priority but I also donít think Freeman or Lindsay are worth big money.

I have no problem bringing in competition and if it causes issues with Lindsay, so be it

Quote Originally Posted by legend View Post
    I would love Henry or Gordon as Broncos. Drake had a good year too.

Get one of those guys onboard and draft a WR in the first round and the O looks lethal. And it will have to be with KC to contend with twice a year.
    Henry is probably getting tagged, and Drake is asking 8-10. Gordon's probably going to get over 10, if not right around the 10 he rejected from LA. I wouldn't be against signing Drake for the right price, though.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    over Oline, DB, LB, WR?
    We get to draft more than 1 guy. I just think we need to find 200 carries and 40 reception above Lindsay. Whoever we take 1st has to be good or it doesn't matter.

Not advocating at #15 pick, but early 2nd or so...
    Last edited by MHSalute; 03-04-2020 at 05:25 PM.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

I'd like to go WR and OL with the first two picks and see of there is a decent mid round RB to be had. Obviously this could change depending on what we do in FA.

Mike Warren looks like good prospect in the mid rounds

No way we pay a RB, draft someone on day 2 and be happy with the competition. Lindsay isn't going anywhere (wasn't he just attending basketball games with Fangio??), but you need more than one guy and that is all we have unfortunately.

I'd prefer to address the RB position in the draft. However, if we bring in a free agent RB, out of the list of candidates, I'd prefer Jordan Howard. He could probably be had at cheaper price since he's coming off a season dealing with a shoulder injury. He's still relatively young and he fits the physical running style we're looking for. When the Eagles fed him the ball, rather than rotating him in and out, he was an effective runner. Just watch the game when he dominated Green Bay last year.

I think Arizona will try to keep Drake and the other top free agents will command too much.

2012 2nd Ronnie Hillman
    2013 2nd Montee Ball
    2016 4th Devontae Booker
    2017 6th Deangelo Henderson
    2018 3rd Royce Freeman

While I do believe RB is a position easier to hit after day 2, it is still historically less than 10% that you get someone that is more than 2nd or 3rd on the depth chart. I do believe this is an exceptional RB class, so if we were ever going to take a shot at an upper tier talent, this may be the year to do it. Could save us a lot of future picks...

I actually like the idea of Gordon, he is a good runner and a featured back, specially with our oline that actually was better at run blocking than pass blocking, that would give us a featured back and let us use Lindsay to handle the ball the 10 - 15 times a game.

I also agree that if he can't handle competition or the fact he may be second fiddle, see ya, this is about the team not a player. I like Lindsay hope he stays a Bronco until he can't run anymore, I just think we need a more dominant back for the long haul.
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

FWIW, Spotrac's market value has Kenyan Drake at 5.5M per year. He is probably worth that depending on attitude; I'm not sure if he is a team player? In 8 games with AZ he had 5.2yds per carry on 15.4 carries, he also caught 28 passes in 8 games.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    FWIW, Spotrac's market value has Kenyan Drake at 5.5M per year. He is probably worth that depending on attitude; I'm not sure if he is a team player? In 8 games with AZ he had 5.2yds per carry on 15.4 carries, he also caught 28 passes in 8 games.
    Austin Ekeler's market value by Spotrac was 11.9M per year average ... he just signed a 4 year deal for 24.5M with the Chargers; 15M is GTD though. Spotrac's market value was almost double what he took. They were way off on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    2012 2nd Ronnie Hillman
    2013 2nd Montee Ball
    2016 4th Devontae Booker
    2017 6th Deangelo Henderson
    2018 3rd Royce Freeman

While I do believe RB is a position easier to hit after day 2, it is still historically less than 10% that you get someone that is more than 2nd or 3rd on the depth chart. I do believe this is an exceptional RB class, so if we were ever going to take a shot at an upper tier talent, this may be the year to do it. Could save us a lot of future picks...
    The more I look at prospects and mock draft and move around the draft with our picks, am I insane to think that a trade to the back end of round 2 looks like it's in the cards for a RB. And wouldn't it based on our needs at this point to Cam Akers and his skill set?

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    The more I look at prospects and mock draft and move around the draft with our picks, am I insane to think that a trade to the back end of round 2 looks like it's in the cards for a RB. And wouldn't it based on our needs at this point to Cam Akers and his skill set?
    I just look at Shumur's RBs he has worked with Steven Jackson, McCoy, Cook, Barkley,...

Seems like a coach that has high value on dual threat RBs. We are talking about helping the passing game via a good #2 WR, but would a RB capable of 60+ catches and some YAC skills help just as much or maybe even more to keep safeties close to LOS and open up WRs down the field? That is a theory anyway. I think NE has shown how RB, TE, Slot WR can be a dominant combo in the passing game.

Trading down and grabbing a RB with mad receiving skills would be a help to Lock and the offense. Lindsay to me is a great compliment back, but he is kinda stiff in catching the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    I just look at Shumur's RBs he has worked with Steven Jackson, McCoy, Cook, Barkley,...

Seems like a coach that has high value on dual threat RBs. We are talking about helping the passing game via a good #2 WR, but would a RB capable of 60+ catches and some YAC skills help just as much or maybe even more to keep safeties close to LOS and open up WRs down the field? That is a theory anyway. I think NE has shown how RB, TE, Slot WR can be a dominant combo in the passing game.

Trading down and grabbing a RB with mad receiving skills would be a help to Lock and the offense. Lindsay to me is a great compliment back, but he is kinda stiff in catching the ball.
    I went down the cam akers rabbit hole today. 4 hours of watching highlights and reading scouting reports.....I'm definitely becoming a prisoner of the moment with this but damn, he's a beast when given decent blocking and when not he has plenty of wiggle and strength to make it as a RB1