Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Great trade, cheaper and younger than CHJ who for some reason hates us now. Harris looked like he didn't care last year, consistently getting roasted, someone is going to over pay him. Hopefully the comes home and retires a Bronco when it's all done. AJ has been a solid corner his career and should do great in our defense

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    A once great Bronco indeed. But, I have not liked him for a good few years, with reason, and I am glad he is gone. I have been "bashing" him for a while now.
    Hes too much of a vocal diva anymore and nothing is more cancerous to a young locker room than a whiner old goat. Letting him walk in free agency is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Sign Prince Amukamara
    Franchise Simmons
    Let Parks walk
    Draft Antione Winfield or Jeremy Chinn
    Sign Joe Schobert or Cory Littleton
    Sign Wolfe back, Reader, and Calais Campbell
    Defense is back to 2015 form!
    Trevathan will also be a free agent but if I know Elway, theres a grudge to be held there!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    Eh.. better than nothing. Could turn out to be a great signing if he gets back to playing like he did in Houston. If not, well... not a big deal given his contract.
    People keep saying this and I grow concerned for them, simply parroting what they've heard and not doing any actual research of their own. A common problem not unique to sports, unfortunately. Anyway, Bouye was a pro bowler and an all pro in Jacksonville. His 2019 was a down year for sure, but 2017 was his best year of his career and 2018 was on par or better than much of his tenure in Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Hes too much of a vocal diva anymore and nothing is more cancerous to a young locker room than a whiner old goat. Letting him walk in free agency is a good thing.
    I, for one, will not miss his hands-in-the-air, bewildered look on his face reaction to every ball caught in front of him like it is someone else's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    People keep saying this and I grow concerned for them, simply parroting what they've heard and not doing any actual research of their own. A common problem not unique to sports, unfortunately. Anyway, Bouye was a pro bowler and an all pro in Jacksonville. His 2019 was a down year for sure, but 2017 was his best year of his career and 2018 was on par or better than much of his tenure in Houston.
    With all the dysfunction in Jacksonville, whod expect anyone to have an above average season in that mess of a franchise. Bouye will be fine in Denver and better than CHJ in Fangios zone scheme.

Now before anyone attempts to call me out, I said hed be better than CHJ In Fangios ZONE System.

For a 4th round pick were getting a guy several years younger than CHJ. Bouye is a proven player - no matter how good we can draft every player coming out of college is unproven. If the Broncos traded for a current elite cornerback it would come at a high price. We dont need superstars to have a top 5-10 defense, we need guys who can play solid consistently. We dont know how Bouye will pan out but it seems like a 4th round pick in exchange is decent value.

I think he was less vocal and more humble before Talib got here (i loved having Talib here!) But Talib brought an attitude almost arrogance and I saw it resonating in CHJ, that's when the no fly zone stuff started, and you could see when he to burnt the blaming others type thing, cause that's what Talib did as well.

With this signing IF Callahan works out, I would actually like to see CHJ back and in the slot where is his best fit anyhow. I was not and am not for him coming back to be an outside corner he doesn't seem to fit as much. would be nice to see it work out and keep a guy we grew, but if he is at his worse attitude wise like last year, good riddance.
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

I like it. A few years younger than CHJ, similar or better production, and under contract with flexibility. CHJ has been great here, but I'll miss his past more than his present. I expect we're not done in the secondary between FA and draft.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Excellent, excellent trade. This means CHJ is confirmed gone.
    CHJ was already confirmed gone... Traitor is making it clear he wants to go to Kansas City on his Twitter... Leaving for money is one thing. Actively campaigning to play for the enemy... Na you're dead to me man...

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    Please don't be one of those people that starts bashing on Chris. He has been an awesome part of out team for a long time.
    Na he deserves to be bashed on...He's been a vocal malcontent for the last several seasons and now he's actively campaigning to become a Chief... No matter what he's done in the past... that deserves some bashing. Thanks for the memories Chris, don't let the door hit ya.

Yup, he's been a complete malcontent and he's past his prime. He's showing the same signs of physical decline champ did at the end, only unlike champ he's not handling it with grace and is being a loud mouth punk about it.

AJ excelled in Jax due to the team around him. Now, that's not a knock at all. They had Calais Campbell, Malik Jackson, and Yannick Ngakoue on the D-line. That was 34.5 sacks just with the 3 of them. That helped the backfield enormously. Now we have Von and Chubb, and hopefully someone successful in the middle to create havoc on the QB. This will be extremely helpful to AJ, Callahan, Simmons, Jackson, and whomever plays the other CB position.......

CHJ has been my favorite Bronco since Champ left. I hate that he's all but gone.............. But............. He's a shell of his former self. He was nowhere near himself last year and you could see it the year before as well. I wish him well.... Time for something new!!

He’s too much of a vocal diva anymore and nothing is more cancerous to a young locker room than a whiner old goat. Letting him walk in free agency is a good thing.
    Totally agree. I love what CHJ has done for the Broncos. But for a guy who was taught by the GOAT Champ Bailey - a player who let solely his play do all the talking, he's been a far cry from following his ways. CHJ always had this chip on his shoulder (which is good to an extent) that he always had to 'prove' something. The Super Bowl runs happened, the "No Fly Zone" as well - and he got super cocky (at time deservingly so). But he's fallen off, way off. His partner and college alumni friend Talib was sent off, and he's been jaded ever since.

I will not miss Harris blaming other teammates for missed assignments and such. Like I said, you'd think as an undrafted player - he would have stayed humble thorughout, especially being brought in and mentored by Champ Bailey. Good riddance...

What is going on here? This is madness. CHJ is one of the greatest Broncos of all time. I hate how NFL fanbases have no loyalty at all to their players.

1) CHJ has been underpaid his entire career.
    2) CHJ has been one of the best corners in football his entire career, including before Talib came
    3) CHJ is STILL one of the best corners in FB.

The reason CHJ had any sort of decline is because he's the best slot in the game and was put on the outside, out of position, because of injuries. Give the man what he deserves. 3 year, market rate as a slot corner. Let him retire a Bronco.