Patrick Peterson

Heís in the last year of his contract and due 12 million. Heís been unhappy with the cardinals in the past. If there is a chance he would move on why wouldnít they listen to offers. Letís say we could get him for a 4th and a 5th. Or at the most a 3rd and 5th. We would obviously have to have an extension in place for atleast one more maybe 2 more years. I feel like with this trade we could still have around 55-57 million to spend after Petersonís and Bouye contract. And no major weaknesses besides O-line.

Obviously if you can bring him here, you do, but There's almost no chance the Cards give up 2 years of Peterson for a 4th and a 5th.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Transition tag Harris and throw in a 7th and next yearís 5th and call it a day

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Transition tag Harris and throw in a 7th and next yearís 5th and call it a day
    There will not be a transition tag if the cba is signed, unless Simmons signs a long term deal.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    There will not be a transition tag if the cba is signed, unless Simmons signs a long term deal.
    They have 6 days before the deadline to apply tags. I donít think the CBA gets done by then and itíd be a massive headache to rescind the tags that get used especially if the player got traded

Denver's late R3 pick and a TE (non-Fant) for Peterson.

Harris should net Denver a R3 comp pick next year.

Eventually, move Peterson to SS

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Denver's late R3 pick and a TE (non-Fant) for Peterson.

Harris should net Denver a R3 comp pick next year.

Eventually, move Peterson to SS
    I could be wrong, but I thought compensatory picks are weighed against what we acquire in FA. Does it count on trades also?
    Going on record saying I love our off season coaching hires.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsam View Post
    I could be wrong, but I thought compensatory picks are weighed against what we acquire in FA. Does it count on trades also?
    That sounds like double taxation
    Loss of R3-pick in trade
    Loss of future comp pick

I hope that isn't the case.

Peterson and CB Bryce Hall in R3
    would give Denver an improved DB

Hall/Bouye, Simmons, Jackson, Peterson
    Dawson, Yiadom

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Transition tag Harris and throw in a 7th and next year’s 5th and call it a day
    When they extended CHJ before last season the Broncos gave up the tag rights for Chris. Their only options are sign him or let him walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsam View Post
    To qualify for compensatory picks, teams must end up with more compensatory free agents lost than gained in a particular year.

Teams are awarded compensatory draft picks between Rounds 3 and 7 based upon a formula, which is not released by the league, that takes into account a player's average salary per year (APY), snap count and postseason awards. While there is an expected level of compensation for a player based on the amount he has signed for, his playing time (or lack thereof) in the upcoming season could alter the expectation.

I think there is NO WAY Peterson goes for that little. Too many teams have terrible secondaries. Even if it is short term someone will pay more than a 4th or a 5th.