Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Backup QB

Backup QB

Trevor Siemians a free agent. Perfect backup for Lock, am I crazy? Probably come at a good price

Sign someone who has a bit more ability than Siemian.

Find someone in a later round with a skill set similar to Lock.
    [

Just Keep Allen

Get Sloter back!

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    Just Keep Allen
    Yep, he proved he could move the ball and had adequate mobility

Depends on his contract, but I wouldn't have an issue with Siemian competing for the #2 with Allen and Ripien. He's got more experience than either, let's see how he compares. If not Siemian I believe we'll look at other vet FA QBs and Allen and Ripien battle for 3.

I like the Sloter idea.

Can't understand Sloter. Sure he was fun to watch in preseason but after going to the Vikings for two seasons, active like one game or something, then waived and signed to the Cardinals practice squad then signed to the active roster of the Lions late November (week 14) after they had another qb injured and go on IR. Sloter was the backup to the backup of the backup in Detroit and never saw any playing time there.

At this point I don't think he has any upside over Allen, maybe Rypian but neither Allen or Sloter are PS eligible anymore so there would have to be a greater vanir to bring him in. With his resume I'd say it isn't worth it.

Siemian... I could be down with that. He has a lot of experience, a great attitude, good work ethic and be supportive of Lock.

Case Keenum....he knows Shurmur's offense and had his best season as a pro under him. And he shouldn't be expensive.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    Case Keenum....he knows Shurmur's offense and had his best season as a pro under him. And he shouldn't be expensive.
    That could happen.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

From what I understand Elway and Fangio would probably want a bridge vet to help mentor Lock. Keenum would fit the bill, but I wonder if he would want to be back here.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    From what I understand Elway and Fangio would probably want a bridge vet to help mentor Lock. Keenum would fit the bill, but I wonder if he would want to be back here.
    I donít think heís the type to hold grudges. It would make a lot of sense with Shurmur and he has some familiarity with many of the guys on offense.

But he would know heís signing on to be a backup and I think he still wants to start. Although I donít see any teams going after him to be their starter.

Anyone but Flacco. I thought I couldn't dislike him more until he joined the Broncos, sucked, and then tried to blame the offensive playcalling. I'll forever be bitter about that 2012 playoff game. Rahim "daydream" Moore is right down there with him on my list of most disliked players, but I digress.

I'd be happy with Siemian or Keenum. Not sure either would want to come back to the team, but either would suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Can't understand Sloter. Sure he was fun to watch in preseason but after going to the Vikings for two seasons, active like one game or something, then waived and signed to the Cardinals practice squad then signed to the active roster of the Lions late November (week 14) after they had another qb injured and go on IR. Sloter was the backup to the backup of the backup in Detroit and never saw any playing time there.

At this point I don't think he has any upside over Allen, maybe Rypian but neither Allen or Sloter are PS eligible anymore so there would have to be a greater vanir to bring him in. With his resume I'd say it isn't worth it.

Siemian... I could be down with that. He has a lot of experience, a great attitude, good work ethic and be supportive of Lock.
    He's immensely popular for a player who hasn't done anything, I'm thinking of selling Sloter shirts and mugs!
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016