Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jason Peters

Jason Peters

We have to make a run at this guy. I think he would be a stop gap LT for this year and maybe next. He graded out as the 6th best Tackle in 2019.

He has had far too many injuries over the last two seasons. Iíd be hesitant to throw any money at him. Especially since heíll be in his 12th season.

Itíll depend on what heís asking for but Iíd be down. Heís an upgrade over Bolles and would really solidify the left side of the line for however many games he plays.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    It’ll depend on what he’s asking for but I’d be down. He’s an upgrade over Bolles and would really solidify the left side of the line for however many games he plays.
    Just How Many Games would that be 1 or less than 1 as the same in James? I would say no lets just Draft our O-Line.

This would be perfect setup. Move Bolles to Guard and all we have to worry about is C. Plus if Bolles shows promise at G(which I really think he is better built for) we could sign him back to cheaper deal, especially since the Broncos brass seems to still like him aside from his blundering technical failures.

Would be a band-aid solution. How much does he have left in the tank? He will likely get paid on the market.

Watched this man every Sunday, I live in philly, and Iím going with a hard no. While a very good T, this man is ALWAYS hurt. It may not show up on the stat sheet that he missed a game but he missed so many drives. He will take himself out of drives, comeback, go out , and then comeback again.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    Just How Many Games would that be 1 or less than 1 as the same in James? I would say no lets just Draft our O-Line.
    2012 he missed the whole seaso and 2017 he had a season ending injury 7 games in. Outside of those 2 years heís never missed more than 3 games. He returned in 2018 and started all 16 and 13 last season.

And at 38 years old we arenít going to be tied to him any longer than a year, maybe an option for a second year. This is going to be a young oline next season, some veteran leadership will provide stability. Plus any OT we draft is going to need time to develop. Thomas needs to refine his punch or heís going to rack up holding calls like Bolles, Becton is raw and needs work but heís likely gone as well as Wirfs, Wills will need time to learn the system if the reports from the combine are true. Most OTs arenít pro ready immediately anymore and need time to develop. Peters would allow them to develop much like he did with Dillard last season.

If we're going to poach a Philidelphia OL, I'd rather get Big V. He's been a swing tackle mostly, but filled in at guard last year and played really well.

He is a young guy(26) on the rise who could be given a chance as a true starter somewhere that needs a RT or RG. We need a RG, if the Scherff/Thuney/Glasgows of the world go elsewhere, Big V is in that next teir of targets.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    2012 he missed the whole seaso and 2017 he had a season ending injury 7 games in. Outside of those 2 years he’s never missed more than 3 games. He returned in 2018 and started all 16 and 13 last season.

And at 38 years old we aren’t going to be tied to him any longer than a year, maybe an option for a second year. This is going to be a young oline next season, some veteran leadership will provide stability. Plus any OT we draft is going to need time to develop. Thomas needs to refine his punch or he’s going to rack up holding calls like Bolles, Becton is raw and needs work but he’s likely gone as well as Wirfs, Wills will need time to learn the system if the reports from the combine are true. Most OTs aren’t pro ready immediately anymore and need time to develop. Peters would allow them to develop much like he did with Dillard last season.
    Very Great Points Thank You !

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    If we're going to poach a Philidelphia OL, I'd rather get Big V. He's been a swing tackle mostly, but filled in at guard last year and played really well.

He is a young guy(26) on the rise who could be given a chance as a true starter somewhere that needs a RT or RG. We need a RG, if the Scherff/Thuney/Glasgows of the world go elsewhere, Big V is in that next teir of targets.
    I believe the plan is to play Wilkinson at RG.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Watched this man every Sunday, I live in philly, and Iím going with a hard no. While a very good T, this man is ALWAYS hurt. It may not show up on the stat sheet that he missed a game but he missed so many drives. He will take himself out of drives, comeback, go out , and then comeback again.
    I live near Philly too. And I agree. He takes himself out of games too often and you can see the negative effect it had on the Eagles.

Listening to the sports talk radio in Philly area, the Eagles have major questions about Andre Dillard being the heir apparent at left tackle. There are questions about both his ability and his mental toughness (if that's the case, I would have to eat major crow, as I would have liked us to take him last year). So given the uncertainty about Dillard, the fact that they're still letting Peters test free agency shows how close to the end he is.

Interesting. I also thought Dillard be a really good draft piece for us too.

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    Interesting. I also thought Dillard be a really good draft piece for us too.
    I wouldn't read too much into the Eagles having concerns about Dillard. They had Lane Johnson and Jason Peters with Vaitai as a backup. They drafted Dillard for this year forward when they knew they would have issues.

there were times I was surprised Dillard was not the guy last year but I think anyone who reads that the Eagles don't trust him is overthinking the situation.