Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    According to ESPN Donovan Mitchell has also tested positive. They also said in that article that Gobert displayed a cavalier attitude about it and was touching everything so the whole team probably has it.
    It was a sight that I will not soon forget, Gobert touching all the mics in the post game interview, basically making light of the virus. Then he is the first case, seemingly within a day or so. What an irresponsible fool!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Italy has been hit hard. I hope they listen to Dad.

I just heard that he apologized for it. Like that's going to help.
    Yes, in spite of Dad's so called intellect (as if)….her and her bf probably couldn't go if they wanted to. Well, they are smart enough to know. She's disappointed, but she is in the medical business, and gets it.

And yes...Gobert can apologize all he wants, but he was childish at the post game mic touching event!

I canít help but wonder how this will effect the NFL free agency

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I can’t help but wonder how this will effect the NFL free agency
    I hope that they can do interviews, etc. via video interaction, To me, this should be less difficult than in things that require groups of people in close proximity.

I think it's necessary that sports has shut down. I do feel for the seniors (HS and college). Scott Van Pelt / SC has been doing a nightly segment called "Senior Night" (I think that's what it's called). They've been highlighting individuals and teams that have had an outstanding year. It's great that they're giving them some well deserved recognition.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

So gang, what are your thoughts on some sports and potential return dates. There are some real innovative thinkers who believe baseball can be coming back soon, played strictly in Arizona and total isolated. Same types of creative considerations in hockey, basketball, golf and so on.

The problem is of course, all folks involved have to test negative, and no one can get the virus, because a positive test could mess up the whole situation. And of course....no fans in the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    So gang, what are your thoughts on some sports and potential return dates. There are some real innovative thinkers who believe baseball can be coming back soon, played strictly in Arizona and total isolated. Same types of creative considerations in hockey, basketball, golf and so on.

The problem is of course, all folks involved have to test negative, and no one can get the virus, because a positive test could mess up the whole situation. And of course....no fans in the stands.
    That's not really a tough challenge for the Chargers.

But seriously, it's tough to predict if a second wave comes to interrupts a season. Will we have a vaccine and treatment by then to prevent another halt? Will the numbers tell different tales? Tough to predict.

I had a weird idea of some seasons being, instead of 2020 season, the 2020-2021 season. Or like the NBA and Hockey, the 2019-2021 season, with so many delays that the season would have to stretch out the course of two seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    That's not really a tough challenge for the Chargers.

But seriously, it's tough to predict if a second wave comes to interrupts a season. Will we have a vaccine and treatment by then to prevent another halt? Will the numbers tell different tales? Tough to predict.

I had a weird idea of some seasons being, instead of 2020 season, the 2020-2021 season. Or like the NBA and Hockey, the 2019-2021 season, with so many delays that the season would have to stretch out the course of two seasons.
    That could be the end result. As you mention, the goal is not to have to stop and start, once at most. It becomes almost counter productive if you run into multiple stoppages. If one or more players become infected, then how long is a proper quarantine? 14 days? I doubt that is long enough, given the repercussions of the unknown...because if the spread continues, then you risk months.

One small step forward...

https://sports.yahoo.com/baseball-so...102611370.html

Hey, I'll even watch some South Korea baseball to get the sports hunger partially taken care of. Baseball is baseball!

Hope all goes well!!

On a positive note, what started out as a difficult thread, given all that was taking place, at least now we see sports popping up here, there and everywhere,, along with other mainstream activity. In some places, getting much closer to normal as time moves forward.

But for those sports lovers, fans in the stands or not, there is a lot to be positive about. Lets hope it goes smoothly and wisely, and we at least get to satisfy our basic appetite for sports, over the next few months. Which may take us right to the beginning of The NFL.