Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Realistic dream draft

I get it we would all love Chase Young, however thatís not realistic. What is your dream realistic draft? Obviously if there is a run on QBs early some great players could fall into our laps. Here is mine

15. Andrew Thomas OT
    46. Jonathon Taylor RB
    Trade: 77 and 161
    60. Denzel Mims WR
    83. Jeremy Chinn S
    95. Damon Arnette CB
    108. Chase Claypool WR
    214. Mctelvin Agim IDL

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosohio87 View Post
    I get it we would all love Chase Young, however that’s not realistic. What is your dream realistic draft? Obviously if there is a run on QBs early some great players could fall into our laps. Here is mine

15. Andrew Thomas OT
    46. Jonathon Taylor RB
    Trade: 77 and 161
    60. Denzel Mims WR
    83. Jeremy Chinn S
    95. Damon Arnette CB
    108. Chase Claypool WR
    214. Mctelvin Agim IDL
    Based on my knowledge, that would be a really good draft!!

How about a semi-unrealistic dream draft?

Trade 15 to 25 or so and get an extra 3 and 5.

1 Draft Laviska
    2, Draft Reagor
    3. Trade 4 3rd rounders for Trent Williams. Move Bolles to RG.
    4, Trade for a vet CB. Done
    5. Use one of the 5s on Steven Montez to be our Taysum Hill, emergency 3rd QB.
    5, Best player available
    6, Best player available
    7. Best QB available - I agree with Elway's strategy doing this. It's a lottery ticket. Go for the jackpot.

Spend our cap space on D veterans and a C or resign McGovern. We should be able to sign 4-5 solid vets on D and a center.

Iím hearing rumblings about Denzel Mims potentially sneaking into the 1st round. If we could snag him through a trade up to #60, that would definitely be a dream scenario.

My realistic dream draft for the top four rounds would probably be:
    1) Henry Ruggs III, WR
    2) Trevon Diggs/Cam Dantzler, CB
    3) Matt Hennessy, C
    3) Matt Peart/Ezra Cleveland, OT
    3) Cam Akers, RB
    4) Leki Fotu, NT

1- Ruggs WR
    2- A. Jackson. OT
    3- Biadsz. C
    3- Pittman. WR
    3- Dye ILB
    4- Fotu. DT
    Last edited by FR Tim; 03-09-2020 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post

1 Draft Laviska
    2, Draft Reagor
    5, Best player available
    6, Best player available
    7. Best QB available - I agree with Elway's strategy doing this. It's a lottery ticket. Go for the jackpot.

Spend our cap space on D veterans and a C or resign McGovern. We should be able to sign 4-5 solid vets on D and a center.
    Only issue with this is Trent Williams wants 20 million per year. You willing to give up 20 million and 3 thirds?

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosohio87 View Post
    Only issue with this is Trent Williams wants 20 million per year. You willing to give up 20 million and 3 thirds?
    Hell no however Tyler Humongous seems to think itís do able though... Prolly because heís an ex linemen.

Hahaha Tyler Polumbus, not humongous lol. Auto Correct is great sometimes
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 03-09-2020 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post

1 Draft Laviska
    2, Draft Reagor
    5, Best player available
    6, Best player available

So...

1. Laviska Shenault Jr., WR
    2. Jalen Reagor, WR
    5. Steven Montez, QB
    5. BPA
    6. BPA
    7. QB

While adding OT Trent Williams and some defensive FAís. And essentially re-signing McGovern.

I see a playmaking first rounder with a well-known injury history that plays like a RB (which doesnít help the previous point). Then Jalen Reagor, another playmaking type with great NFL potentialó but struggled mightily with drops at TCU. Fast forward to the 5th round where we spend one of our precious picks after the Trent Williams trade on an ďemergency 3rd QBĒ? Then some depth guys from the BPA picks. And finally a chance at striking gold on a 7th round QB, who by your logic, would be our 4th QB on the roster? I love the aggression and the ďdo what it takesĒ approach with this draft.

1- Jerry Jeudy WR .... fine.... Henry Ruggs WR
    2- Ross Blacklock DE
    3- Tyler Biadasz C
    3- Cam Akers RB
    3- Raekwon Davis DL
    4- Logan Wilson ILB
    5- Ben Bartch G
    6- Troy Pride Jr CB
    6- Raequan Williams DL
    7- Darrell Mooney WR
    7- Juwan Johnson WR
    7- Liam Eichenberg T

Upwards of 5-6 of those could be rookie starters.

This is assuming FA goes my way as well, by signing a mid-low level starter-type CB(Amukamara, Johnson, ect), signing a mid-upper level starting NT(Reader), signing an upper level starting RG(Glasgow, Scherff, Thuney), and retaining Simmons, McGovern and our restricted FAs.

If we have an offseason like this, I'll be expecting playoffs and probably putting money on it too.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    So...

1. Laviska Shenault Jr., WR
    2. Jalen Reagor, WR
    5. Steven Montez, QB
    5. BPA
    6. BPA
    7. QB

While adding OT Trent Williams and some defensive FA’s. And essentially re-signing McGovern.

I see a playmaking first rounder with a well-known injury history that plays like a RB (which doesn’t help the previous point). Then Jalen Reagor, another playmaking type with great NFL potential— but struggled mightily with drops at TCU. Fast forward to the 5th round where we spend one of our precious picks after the Trent Williams trade on an “emergency 3rd QB”? Then some depth guys from the BPA picks. And finally a chance at striking gold on a 7th round QB, who by your logic, would be our 4th QB on the roster? I love the aggression and the “do what it takes” approach with this draft.
    You may want to read my first sentence again, the part about the "semi unrealistic" part. Part of the reason for that is I'm a life long Buff fan. But if we're going to play this game, I prefer listing pros and cons when making decisions. Yes, Shenault has a history of injuries. Which is why the best athlete in the draft will be available that low. He's also a great kid.

I didn't say draft Montez to be an emergency QB. Why did you intentionally leave out AND? I said be our Taysom Hill. Shouild I assume the reason you left this part out was you don't understand what I meant? It means for him to be a run/pass/receiving threat. And again, I'm a Buff fan, and part of my "semi-unrealistic" draft was favoring Buffs. I'm sorry you didn't understand I was having a little fun.

However, I'm dead serious about trading FOUR not three third rounders for Williams. Do you think you'll get a player better than one of the best two-three LTs in the third this year with the 4 picks in my example? In the history of the Broncos how many players have we drafted in teh 3rd as good as Williams? That would be a good way to judge the expected value of 4 thirds.

The actual problem is, the Skins won't do it. There will be a team out there willing to give up a first+. Four thirds isn't even close to mid first round value. Again, me having fun. But people thinking the Skins will trade Williams for a third are miscalculating IMO. Maybe we'll see but I'd bet the pick(s) the Skins get for Williams will be worth more than the traditional trade value chart for 4 third round picks.
    Last edited by lvbronx; 03-09-2020 at 07:28 PM.

Trade up to 9 and grab Simmons lol. Iíd also love for us to draft a stud RB to compliment Lindsay because Royce is too soft.

1 Henry ruggs
    2 Erza Cleveland
    3 tyler badasz
    3. Logan wilson
    3. Aj Dillon
    4. Leki Futo

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    1 Henry ruggs
    2 Erza Cleveland
    3 tyler badasz
    3. Logan wilson
    3. Aj Dillon
    4. Leki Futo
    I'd be good with this, prefer kinlaw over ruggs though.

Dream Scenario?

TRADES
    DEN 15 and 77 for MIA 26 and 39
    DEN 39 and 95 for IND 34

26 AJ Epanesa DE Iowa
    34 Austin Jackson OT USC
    46 KJ Hamler WR Penn St.
    83 Logan Stenberg G Kentucky
    137 DaVon Hamilton DT Ohio St.
    And then fill out the roster.

I know, I didn't take a Center. Biadasz injuries worry me, and I have a feeling somebody is going to reach on him big time. 'Course I have that feeling with Epanesa as well, but this is the dream scenario. Hell, I've seen mocks where Hamler goes in the 1st. Maybe wait and see who falls at Center or POSSIBLY Stenberg to Center. I'm thinking FA at ILB, RB (try to get Howard), and CB.

Real talk though, I'm probably being optimistic as far as those trades go, and we don't know if Epanesa will fall that far anyway (who's Plan B at 26?). NE will probably take him or someone else will. In reality, we'll probably take Ruggs at 15, even though I'm not crazy about going receiver in the 1st round of this draft.