Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 71
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    42
    What would it cost to movie back in the 1st? Say 30-32

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    16,624
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Denver just awarded 3 more compensatory picks. A 5th and 2 more 7's, that gives them 11 picks. If anything we need to be trading up instead of adding more
    Yes, trading up into the second.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,986
    Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Hope so, the real value in this draft is late 1st to early third...need as many of those picks as possible
    I feel the same way. I like this draft from 25-100 maybe even 120.

    I would love to trade back in the first and get another second.

    Agree with others that if we trade up, I hope it is using late round draft picks to move up or get more picks in the second and third.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    36,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncosohio87 View Post
    What would it cost to movie back in the 1st? Say 30-32
    If you are asking what we would get if we traded back from 15 to 30-32, it goes like this:

    15 = 1050 points
    31 = 600
    gap = 450

    Therefore, based on the value chart, we would get 450 more points, which means we would theoretically wind up with #31 and #45, which is the 13th pick in round two. Now, that is an approximation, and could be a combo of draft picks, all based on what the trading partner has to offer.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,593
    It's already been said but with 11 picks already, there's no way we can draft even more and fit the roster. We need to be trading up with our later picks into the 2nd and 3rd rounds where you can get a lot of value for WR, CB, and O-line. But trading the 15 pick is not ideal when we need an elite talent at multiple positions.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    36,192
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    It's already been said but with 11 picks already, there's no way we can draft even more and fit the roster. We need to be trading up with our later picks into the 2nd and 3rd rounds where you can get a lot of value for WR, CB, and O-line. But trading the 15 pick is not ideal when we need an elite talent at multiple positions.
    I understand your take, but we could be packaging additional picks to move up in rounds 2 and 3, and even later....to get the guys we want. It's all in the strategy and the fluidity of The Draft...and how we sit as a roster when we arrive (post Free Agency). Some may want us to have lots of decent picks, even if that means trading back. Some may want to go big early, either moving up in 1 or 2. Some may want a combination approach - trade back in 1, but trade up soon after to land some really good players who fell a bit.

    That's why FA is so important to the mix. It may decrease the number of positions we need to upgrade, to the point we can go bigger, earlier. But if we have a more passive FA, we may want to add picks, given the greater need, OR at least move up in the low to mid rounds, to grab players that might be able to start, along with the early round selections.

    Lots of possibilities.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    13,816
    I think we should work the phones and have moves ready to jump up or jump back.

    Unless the front office feels this is another draft like the 2011 one where pretty much most of the first 15 picks were really good players than we will be waiting to see if any blue chippers get by other teams. If one does we should be ready with a deal to get them. If no blue chippers are available I would see if a good deal was available to move back like what we got in 2019.
    A good plan put into motion today is better than the ideal plan that is always coming sometime in the future.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    625
    I would only move up in the first round if one of the top defensive players (Chase Young, Jeff Okudah, Isaiah Simmons or Derrick Brown) start to slide. If they go before pick 10, then I would sit at 15 and see if one of the top OL, WR or Kinlaw makes it to us. That seems most likely as at least 3 QB's go before pick 15. If for some reason they don't, or, other teams trade up in front of us, say for a WR, and there's no one we covet at the 15th pick, then I'd look to move down.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    We are in a great spot to capitalize on another draft day trade and with the surplus of WRs this year I think there is a good chance we move around a lot again this draft. I expect similar results as last year - trade back in the 1st and up into the 2nd. Theres a good chance we could end up with 3 top 50 prospects again.

    The Dolphins, Raiders, Jaguars hold the 18,19,20 picks respectively, these teams also draft once before we do (D5,J8,R12). I could definitely see a scenario where a guy is still available that they had on their short list and we are sitting in a great spot to accommodate. If one of the QBs is still there we could see a handful of teams trying to move up. With the Buccaneers and Colts drafting in front of us the likelihood of a QB sliding is minimal, but some WRs, LBs, S will definitely be there.

    My personal opinion is Shenault is our guy.....he can help in so many ways including the redzone run game and would instantly step into a big role. His injury concerns are certainly a red flag and that's why he will be available for us to make a move back. This guy is a great player and his relationship with Lindsay and Risner is only going to solidify the reasons to pull the trigger. With what we could gain by a trade back and the surplus of 3rds we have, we could pick 3 times in the top 50 again this year and to me that's pretty exciting. The amount of WRs means other guys "slide" as well. Guys who were borderline 1st and 2nds are now going in the 2nd and 3rd just because of the extraordinary amount of WRs expected.

    I'm excited to see who comes calling for our pick...Im hoping it's the Dolphins with the 18 or 26 and that early 2nd. That should put us right in the spot for Shenault or maybe one of the LBs with even more ammo to move up into the 2nd. I'm starting to focus on the top 50 because I truly feel we get three of these guys again.
    You're not wrong, I dig this approach as well. I'd love to snag either Dillon, Swift, dobbins or taylor with the extra capital.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    31,564
    Quote Originally Posted by sra84 View Post
    I would only move up in the first round if one of the top defensive players (Chase Young, Jeff Okudah, Isaiah Simmons or Derrick Brown) start to slide. If they go before pick 10, then I would sit at 15 and see if one of the top OL, WR or Kinlaw makes it to us. That seems most likely as at least 3 QB's go before pick 15. If for some reason they don't, or, other teams trade up in front of us, say for a WR, and there's no one we covet at the 15th pick, then I'd look to move down.
    I've been thinking in a similar way. Denver may compile what they consider to be the top ten players followed by whom they consider to be the next ones in five player increments. When their turn comes, they may see a guy left they really want who would be bpa according to their evaluation. If not, they could trade back and repeat the process while accumulating an additional mid-round pick.

    Some mock drafts project as many as six or seven offensive tackles being picked in the first round. Denver should only take one of the top four at #15. If they are all off the board, the Broncos could trade back and get one of the others, if that's what they want, or any other position. It will be interesting to see what happens.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,593
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I understand your take, but we could be packaging additional picks to move up in rounds 2 and 3, and even later....to get the guys we want. It's all in the strategy and the fluidity of The Draft...and how we sit as a roster when we arrive (post Free Agency). Some may want us to have lots of decent picks, even if that means trading back. Some may want to go big early, either moving up in 1 or 2. Some may want a combination approach - trade back in 1, but trade up soon after to land some really good players who fell a bit.

    That's why FA is so important to the mix. It may decrease the number of positions we need to upgrade, to the point we can go bigger, earlier. But if we have a more passive FA, we may want to add picks, given the greater need, OR at least move up in the low to mid rounds, to grab players that might be able to start, along with the early round selections.

    Lots of possibilities.
    I can see us trading back the 15th pick if the player we want isn't available, like last year with TJ Hockenson. The cap space we have wouldn't make sense to avoid getting vet players, seeing as how we will have 60 million after Flacco is released. By the time FA is done my guess is 4-5 free agents will be signed, all in high need areas. That makes the draft prime for trade up scenarios with major needs filled and 11 picks. If anything, I can see Elway trading into the 2nd 3rd multiple times while still affording to keep the 15th overall

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    19,238
    Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    I say if one of the LTs are there, or Ruggs, we make the pick. If they’re gone we listen to offers.
    This..in that I think every pick is for sale if the apropriate players isn’t there. You don’t plan to move up or down, but are prepared to do it if needed..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,994
    Quote Originally Posted by sra84 View Post
    I would only move up in the first round if one of the top defensive players (Chase Young, Jeff Okudah, Isaiah Simmons or Derrick Brown) start to slide. If they go before pick 10, then I would sit at 15 and see if one of the top OL, WR or Kinlaw makes it to us. That seems most likely as at least 3 QB's go before pick 15. If for some reason they don't, or, other teams trade up in front of us, say for a WR, and there's no one we covet at the 15th pick, then I'd look to move down.
    My thoughts exactly. Heck, if Isaiah Simmons is there at #9 and Jacksonville is on the clock, if Iím Elway Iím phoning their incompetent FO and offering #15, our first 3rd round pick, and maybe a 2021 4th to sweeten the deal a little bit.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    36,192
    Not much more to say other than....with a decent FA, I think we will be in a fantastic position in The Draft to make this team scary good, and soon! And whether we stay put, trade up or down, the odds are we have enough selections to revamp what needs revamping. And allowing it to go as fluidly as possible, and not corner ourselves, we can make deals all weekend long, if it suits our game plan. It will be a time for sound picks and some poker....if poker gets us even more.

    I am very encouraged by the prospect of being competitive from the get go this coming season!
    Last edited by CanDB; 03-10-2020 at 09:17 PM.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Heck, if Isaiah Simmons is there at #9 and Jacksonville is on the clock, if Iím Elway Iím phoning their incompetent FO and offering #15, our first 3rd round pick, and maybe a 2021 4th to sweeten the deal a little bit.
    Totally agree and entirely possible

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •