Page 25 of 91 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona virus

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Looks like the corporations were showered with money again
    Maybe, but we need to remember the corporations employee a lot of people.

Idaho governor Brad Little just gave a stay at home order for 3 weeks. Im fortunate I will be able to keep working (considered essential).

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Idaho governor Brad Little just gave a stay at home order for 3 weeks. I’m fortunate I will be able to keep working (considered essential).
    We're not there, yet. Non-essential businesses closed. School closing extended until 26 April. Hubby is home. He's been doing the grocery shopping so that I don't have to go out.

I have decided today that I will not read any more articles about lupus patients not being able to get their meds refilled. It will save me the anger and stress. I definitely pray for them. I will find out in just over two weeks from now if my script will be filled.

I'm not bored. There's always things to do. I just need to concentrate on some good stuff.

Be safe, Al.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    We're not there, yet. Non-essential businesses closed. School closing extended until 26 April. Hubby is home. He's been doing the grocery shopping so that I don't have to go out.

I have decided today that I will not read any more articles about lupus patients not being able to get their meds refilled. It will save me the anger and stress. I definitely pray for them. I will find out in just over two weeks from now if my script will be filled.

I'm not bored. There's always things to do. I just need to concentrate on some good stuff.

Be safe, Al.
    Wow! Good luck.

2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Adopted Bronco: Chris Harris Jr.

Be safe, Al.
    Take care P!

I know you love your tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    Wow! Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Take care P!

I know you love your tea.
    Thank you both.

I'm not going to talk about how healthy tea is (especially green tea). I don't want the stores to run out.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Be safe, Al.
    Yo Peanut! Ill be praying for you sister. A stay at home order is the same thing as a shelter in place order. Non essential businesses are closed, but you can still get take out food.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Yo Peanut! Ill be praying for you sister. A stay at home order is the same thing as a shelter in place order. Non essential businesses are closed, but you can still get take out food.
    Thank you. I appreciate you.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Be safe, Al.
    Big hugs XXX

Every day I read about companies switching gears and becoming makers of ventilators, hospital clothing, hand sanitizers, protective visors....to name just a few. It's called "on the fly", in other words, adapting to the new needs. I find it energizing. I know profit is the business motive in most companies, but this is a combination of needs, employment and capability.

I see this tragic period as a time for being quick on your feet. It gets easier when you drop all notions of normalcy being restored in a few days, weeks, and beyond. When you are in a storm, and you think you hear a tornado, you don't go for a walk, just because you always go for a walk at that time.

Quick and wise. I was thinking about a flood situation here, 20+ years ago, when everyone was helping with sandbagging, etc. and the folks in charge were busting to stay on top of it. And then, just when it was looking more hopeful, they realized that a new, smaller dike had to be constructed, because the water could take on a totally new direction, and enter on a different side. They built that fairly extensive dike in days! It was amazing!

Work the problem. Work together.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    Big hugs XXX
    Thank you. I like hugs.

Hugs to you and your family.

Somewhere, some nail salons donated their face masks to the hospitals. Lots of people donating time and money to help.

Every evening, people in Vancouver and Atlanta (?) clap, cheer and make noise to show their appreciation for the hospital workers. I couldn't find a good video, but it's one of those things that made me smile.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post

Interesting - live feed statistical analysis of Covid-19 and the numbers from different countries.
    The US now has the most documented cases in the world.

NYC Mayor de Blasio seems to be doing a good job in NYC - not that results are fewer cases. Watching his pressers live on youtube feels like a good source for what's going on right now. His frank disposition and his need to report what he's working on(getting hospital worker PPE ie) paints a picture of the worst of it right now and signs of what's to come.

He's trying to triple total hospital beds by May. ....It's going to effect NYC for a while it seems. Joe Rogan said today this virus might be able to stay alive on flat surfaces outside the body for 17 days ........but I didn't confirm that.

In some areas other than our #1 hotspot NYC -might be able to get back to work sooner if we can get some statistics on this thing. And if the people have behaved.

I heard sketchy things from Dr Birx who is a good source of statistics and analysis. I don't understand the stock market positivity with unemployment reports today... except to say this crisis is predominantly a health crisis as Trump says NOT a financial crisis ....and I think it's both. The financial downturn can't truly rebound until the virus is confidently under control.
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

On a lighter note, but relevant from a dollar perspective, I had to buy more food today and I still find it amazing how cheap Kraft Dinner is. Haven't had it for a few years, but 4 for $5, for a dinner for two, is pretty amazing to me. Not exactly the pasta dish of the week, or as good as anything we can make ourselves, but thought it would be fun trying it again. And it was ok!

The US has the most confirmed cases now, nearly 87k. Europe however is the epicenter with over 240k confirmed cases, nearly 45% of the entire globes confirmed cases.