Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1560

Thread: Corona virus

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    The economy never should have been shut down.

Have people wear masks, until a vaccine is developed, and get on with life.

Take extra precautions with those who have underlying health concerns.

Btw, a 103 year old woman survived the virus.

How are you supposed to develop a herd immunity if you don’t let the herd get sick?

Fauci could very well be wrong about the virus amping up again in the late fall or winter.

None of the other corona viruses came back in a significant way.
    They won't wear masks now...What makes you think they would have then if the economy hadn't been shut down... And letting the herd get sick is fine, but that's part of why we're shutting things down and distancing, to let the herd get sick slowly over time.

You get too many sick all at once, you overload the system and a hell of a lot more people die due to lack of care and beds. It's about limiting the overall death toll... People are going to get sick with this, not every needs to die from it if we can manage it well and keep cases to as much of a minimum as possible.
    Last edited by Freyaka; Yesterday at 09:18 AM.

There is 104 pages here...has anyone posted information about how to strengthen the immune system or how data is suggesting lack of sufficient vit D is linking people who go through the worst cases of Covid19?

Its been an interesting debate, everyone should do whatever they want to.

If I'm honest I'm past the point of caring. The numbers over here are so small now its not worth spending a minute of thought on. I went out with people this morning as I have been to many places the last 6 weeks and out of 100's of people I see on the streets, shops, parks, etc...... you could count on one hand the amount of people in masks.

I won't moan as I have nothing to moan about. Pretty much everything here is open, I was back to work on July 1st and its completely normal, everyone is getting out and about and getting on with life and in a weeks time I am going to the Yorkshire dales on holiday.

I know its probably different in the states but over here if I had just landed from Mars I would have no clue that there was anything strange going on.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Its been an interesting debate, everyone should do whatever they want to.

If I'm honest I'm past the point of caring. The numbers over here are so small now its not worth spending a minute of thought on. I went out with people this morning as I have been to many places the last 6 weeks and out of 100's of people I see on the streets, shops, parks, etc...... you could count on one hand the amount of people in masks.

I won't moan as I have nothing to moan about. Pretty much everything here is open, I was back to work on July 1st and its completely normal, everyone is getting out and about and getting on with life and in a weeks time I am going to the Yorkshire dales on holiday.

I know its probably different in the states but over here if I had just landed from Mars I would have no clue that there was anything strange going on.
    I agree, no point comparing different places, because the rules and the practices, if different, make this a confusing debate at times. For example, if one place (where I live or where you live) are doing great, how is the discussion even the same, in places where the virus seems a bit out of control? You can't say do it our way, because that's not going to register with many.

Bronx, even though we are miles apart on some topics of late, I will tell you where I agree with you basically. It was your post about the 2020 know it all folks who seem to think they know better than many of us. Couple of points:
    1) Though this is a bit off topic, I do not care for those who critique the past, as in, look how foolish people were. This pertains to the norms we basically followed together. And were generally accepted. For people to critique everything in the past, tell me this, do you not think people will be making fun and being critical of us, in a couple of decades?

Having said that, I am talking norms more so, and not issues around race, gender, etc. in which the past does not get a full pass. Sure, if we go far back, there was less understanding and discussion of some important topics, but still, I do not condone behaviour that supports various forms of hate.

Back to thoughts about norms, try not to judge previous generations for thinking they were doing their best, because they often were. I for one look back and realize that things I said and did, for example, as an MC, are not acceptable now. Same goes for tv shows and all forms of media. It's called progress.

2) The so called 2020 know it alls are interesting as well, because some like to judge, often anonymously, but ironically are very sensitive. In fact, with social media, this has become the most critical of all times. And watch out, because they will not hold back from making one minor incident a viral attack on individuals. We all must be careful, in case we get caught doing something very innocent, but exposed for the world to see, as if it was a real crime. Various forms of bullying and mean spirited activity. So I see these as confusing times, where judgemental, sensitive and 'out to destroy' are all happening in sync, by a portion of sad folks.

Then again, I believe in the future, and I believe that younger generations will make this world a better place. Unfortunately, no matter the age, social media has opened up some very bad behaviour.
    Last edited by CanDB; Yesterday at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    There is 104 pages here...has anyone posted information about how to strengthen the immune system or how data is suggesting lack of sufficient vit D is linking people who go through the worst cases of Covid19?
    I would guess that your question is an indication that the cdc and Fauci arenít doing enough to disseminate helpful information beyond social distancing, wearing a mask, and washing hands.

Even if itís anecdotal evidence they should emphasize anything that has a reasonable chance of helping.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Good point.
    - sleep
    - eating healthy
    - exercise
    All help build a persons immune system.

An obese person who already has a hard time breathing is in big trouble if they were to get the Covid. ( 35% of men and 35% of women in the US are obese). Obesity leads to many other health complications, many that donít help a persons chances with the Covid.

Someone who smoke has a much greater chance of having complications with the Covid.
    - 500k smokers die each year 40 k of those are from second hand smoke
    - an estimated 34.2 million adults in the United States currently smoke cigarettes. 2 More than 16 million Americans live with a smoking-related disease.

Masks and social distancing help prevent the spread. Improving our health gives us a much better chance of fighting the Covid if we did get it and gives us a better quality of life.

Some of the same people who scream at others to put on a mask, have no problem eating & feeding their family garbage food, donít get enough sleep, abuse alcohol, and smoke cigarettes/weed.
    I donít blame them for being afraid of the Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    They won't wear masks now...What makes you think they would have then if the economy hadn't been shut down... And letting the herd get sick is fine, but that's part of why we're shutting things down and distancing, to let the herd get sick slowly over time.

You get too many sick all at once, you overload the system and a hell of a lot more people die due to lack of care and beds. It's about limiting the overall death toll... People are going to get sick with this, not every needs to die from it if we can manage it well and keep cases to as much of a minimum as possible.
    How many people do you think wearing masks are getting sick from people not wearing masks? or do you think people of wearing mask are spreading to other people not wearing masks?

Whatever the method of spreading I just heard Florida broke a one day US state record for new cases. Hopefully the hospitals and staff can manage these levels.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Whatever the method of spreading I just heard Florida broke a one day US state record for new cases. Hopefully the hospitals and staff can manage these levels.
    Probably not a good time to open Disney World

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    They also opened Disney World the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Good point.
    - sleep
    - eating healthy
    - exercise

All help build a persons immune system.
    Yes I hear a lot of about other things but next to nothing about how to get ready for a possible infection...

Add in this to the list of things that are free to strengthen immune system
    • Keep stress low

Maybe spend the money to get Vit D levels checked as Vit D has been shown to not only help the immune system but specifically against respiratory infections. It cost me under $2 to get my Vit D checked. Some data collections have shown most of Americans are low on Vit D...some even deficient. Not just Americans but other countries as well.

Everyone knows about Vit C but Zinc also plays a role in the immune system.

By all means wear a mask if it makes you feel better but realize there is science and data already behind why it is important to be aware of what is needed to keep the immune system strong.

Youtube search Vit D and Covid 19. There is strong data to link the worst cases of Covid 19 and low levels of Vit D. Some places have seen the data and are trying to use Vit D as a treatment for those already sick but I think the best thing to do is to make sure one has sufficient levels to start with.
    Last edited by Hadez; Yesterday at 02:43 PM.

The problem with talking about the measures you can take to improve your health falls on deaf ears. As someone who is healthy and spends at least an hour per day exercising in some capacity, I get it. Nothing drives me madder like the refusal people have to care for their health, to then only become a huge burden on the health care system, it's a problem everywhere in the western world. People know if you are healthier you are immune to a lot of things, can handle a lot more things, and this disease being one of them. The problem, people on a large scale just don't care for their health, so it's a moot point. This is a different debate, however, one which will never happen either because the truth and facts will get in the way of people's emotions getting hurt, and it will just become another name-calling episode where the conversation leads to no where. Unhealthy people think their actions affect only them, but they don't, and in the aftermath of the coronavirus it would be an ideal time to have an honest conversation about the affect obese people place on the broader community, economy, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    The problem with talking about the measures you can take to improve your health falls on deaf ears. As someone who is healthy and spends at least an hour per day exercising in some capacity, I get it. Nothing drives me madder like the refusal people have to care for their health, to then only become a huge burden on the health care system, it's a problem everywhere in the western world. People know if you are healthier you are immune to a lot of things, can handle a lot more things, and this disease being one of them. The problem, people on a large scale just don't care for their health, so it's a moot point. This is a different debate, however, one which will never happen either because the truth and facts will get in the way of people's emotions getting hurt, and it will just become another name-calling episode where the conversation leads to no where. Unhealthy people think their actions affect only them, but they don't, and in the aftermath of the coronavirus it would be an ideal time to have an honest conversation about the affect obese people place on the broader community, economy, etc.
    I agree 100% John, and your right itís a conversation that nobody is ready to have despite the lives affected by it.
    Back on topic:
    I have a problem with wearing masks and social distancing, but I donít get frustrated or surprised a country full of people who are eating themselves to death while they binge watch tv isnít following health directions.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    I agree 100% John, and your right itís a conversation that nobody is ready to have despite the lives affected by it.
    Back on topic:
    I have a problem with wearing masks and social distancing, but I donít get frustrated or surprised a country full of people who are eating themselves to death while they binge watch tv isnít following health directions.
    We haven't been told to wear masks here as the outbreak is handled outside of one state who messed up international quarantining, but I enjoy social distancing. I don't want to rub shoulders with people in public anyway, so I have no problem keeping my distance Little story though. I am walking my dog this morning and I stopped on a corner as cars pass waiting. An elderly gentleman walked right on top of me and had the hyde to tell me to remember social distancing. I was standing there, he walked right next to me, and it took all my being to not give him a mouthful. But I just laughed and kept walking.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    We haven't been told to wear masks here as the outbreak is handled outside of one state who messed up international quarantining, but I enjoy social distancing. I don't want to rub shoulders with people in public anyway, so I have no problem keeping my distance Little story though. I am walking my dog this morning and I stopped on a corner as cars pass waiting. An elderly gentleman walked right on top of me and had the hyde to tell me to remember social distancing. I was standing there, he walked right next to me, and it took all my being to not give him a mouthful. But I just laughed and kept walking.
    Thatís awesome lol!!!!