Page 113 of 148 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2213

Thread: Corona virus

Well.....major league baseball is back on Thursday (season opener). In a related note, Dr. Fauci will throw out the first pitch of the season at Washington's home game vs The Yankees. Truly a pandemic year.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Just as an addition to the last post. If you think 7% isn't that big of a deal. 7% of 328 million is 22,960,000
    The actual number for the USA (I assume that is why you picked 328 mil) is 3.71% ( 143,032 / 3,895,803 ) - the number in the link constantly change. I been following it for months due to the cases per million data.

It is not good logic to assume an entire population will test positive. I think it is widely accepted that people are getting it and never getting tested due to not showing any symptoms. This is not even counting the people who will never get it due to their body fighting it off completely.

Your point of it being a big deal is a solid point...I am not trying to take away from that point. Covid19 is exposing a lot of problems. It is a very big deal that I hope gets taken seriously.

My dad said they’re starting to turn the corner. I’ll continue to pray until they’re out of the woods

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    My dad said they’re starting to turn the corner. I’ll continue to pray until they’re out of the woods
    That's good. Add my prayers to yours.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Glad to hear a change for the positive. I pray they remain strong and pull through.

fantastic news!

NBA has zero positive cases, in the "bubble". That's promising news in sports. Again, I have more confidence in "hub city" approaches - basketball and hockey, then travel to and from - baseball and football.

Really great news, that' is awesome!

Good to hear, please keep us updated!

Thank you for the well wishes everyone. A friend of mine who is a nurse (he flies emergency response planes out of Anchorage and lives here in Idaho) posted a link to an article about a potential breakthrough. The articles states a certain blood thinner might be a treatment that works against the virus spreading to organs throughout. What’s interesting is my dad has been on blood thinners for years because of his heart, and his condition was pretty mild whereas my step mother was extremely sick.

https://www.fiercebiotech.com/resear...-blood-thinner

Broncos' strategy to work while trying to keep the virus out
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Are they going to wear masks while doing drills?

If we can look at the bright side, The MLB season starts tomorrow, and play resumes in The NBA on July 30th and The NHL on August 1st. We've waited a long time, and now we are very close. Something positive. Lets hope all goes well.

I still don't understand the toilet paper panic "era". I am almost ashamed to say that I bought a pack at Costco, even though we had a small pack at home. It was in those days when Costco was empty, week after week, and then suddenly they had a nice line established for one pack only. So I thought, might as well grab one pack before the well runs dry again.

Here we are, months later. We've got a lot of toilet paper still. Not sure how much the hoarders have, but I can imagine many of them wondering why.

This may seem like s a topic we may not want to discuss in detail, but at least I've learned how much we typically need.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I still don't understand the toilet paper panic "era". I am almost ashamed to say that I bought a pack at Costco, even though we had a small pack at home. It was in those days when Costco was empty, week after week, and then suddenly they had a nice line established for one pack only. So I thought, might as well grab one pack before the well runs dry again.

Here we are, months later. We've got a lot of toilet paper still. Not sure how much the hoarders have, but I can imagine many of them wondering why.

This may seem like s a topic we may not want to discuss in detail, but at least I've learned how much we typically need.

Yeah that was pretty ridiculous. People felt like they could gain a sense of "control" of something if they stocked up on toilet papers, lysol, clorox, etc.