Page 28 of 88 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona virus

US taxpayers got screwed on this last bill
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

It is critical that individuals/groups do not hoard in these times, including hospital equipment/supplies. And as far as I am concerned, manufacturers need to think what's right versus pure profit, if business entails competitive bidding for such products.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I am really missing going to church on Sundays
    Yeah, that is a bummer. Does your church have online services? I know it isn't the same but it still offers a good chance to stay somewhat connected.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    It is critical that individuals/groups do not hoard in these times, including hospital equipment/supplies. And as far as I am concerned, manufacturers need to think what's right versus pure profit, if business entails competitive bidding for such products.
    Further to.....I believe the best way to handle is with a centralized group for all. I understand why some will order too much, because of their fear of being short for their patients. Totally understandable, given you do not know what others need, nor the amount of supply. A central point can monitor all data, supply and demand, and price the same for all as well, rather than see spikes in the cost due to lack of supply.

I am really missing going to church on Sundays
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Yeah, that is a bummer. Does your church have online services? I know it isn't the same but it still offers a good chance to stay somewhat connected.
    Ours does.Sunday services and weekday youth groups online. It's better than nothing. I miss my hugs.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Yes it does, but its not the same.

I agree. I was trying to offer a positive suggestion and could have used an edit. Well, I'm trying to help.
    And helping you are

Adopted Bronco - Emmanuel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    And helping you are
    Hey pal...when I said I was "stuck" at home, I forgot to show you my properties...

and the little country place...

(as if)

Hey pal...when I said I was "stuck" at home, I forgot to show you my properties...

and the little country place...

(as if)
    Oh, you poor thing
    Don't let the authorities find out or it might be requisitioned as a temporary hospital!

Oh, you poor thing
    Don't let the authorities find out or it might be requisitioned as a temporary hospital!
    And so they should!!!

And so they should!!!

Yup. We're seeing quite a few large venues in Cities being set up as emergency hospitals with huge wards that can accommodate 2000 patients.

Yup. We're seeing quite a few large venues in Cities being set up as emergency hospitals with huge wards that can accommodate 2000 patients.
    Jawsie.one more day forward....many experiences/lessons to be shared and of value to others....one day less of this tragedy.....and MUCH more reason to appreciate what we have

I can't believe no one is talking about how screwed the American people got screwed in this bill. While the corporations got richer again.

It's as bad as it's ever been. Never let a good crisis go to waste

If you don't know how you got fleeced look it up
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Just another one of my ("hey, it's free") suggestions. If you are at home, and either do not work or can not, not only do I suggest looking ahead in blocks of time, say 5-7 days, just like pro teams often do when it comes to breaking down their seasons. That by the way allows you to be more objective and less concerned about the length of the situation, and tends to keep you focussed, given sometimes it is hard to remain that way when looking at long periods of time. Keeps my head clearer if nothing else.

But I also suggest the use of daily lists. I am a list person. But for me in this time of isolation, it is good to have a small list of things to do each day. Small things. I even count baking bread, working out, emptying the blue box, contacting the kids, and pretty much anything I might normally do, but now label it as a "to do" thing. Why? It gives purpose. It keeps one thinking and planning. It takes your mind off certain aspects that are not enjoyable. It is like the 5-7 day thing, but it gives even a shorter timeframe, which helps move you forward one step at a time. Otherwise one could feel a sense of little purpose or even being overly isolated, when in fact, we are still moving and we are still thinking ahead, and before you know it, this will be past its peak, and then near end, and then....

Stay cool.

Idaho governor Brad Little just gave a stay at home order for 3 weeks. Im fortunate I will be able to keep working (considered essential).
    As of 8PM Monday, MD is on a stay at home order. I don't know if there's a time frame. If people disobey, it's considered a misdemeanor and they can get fined ($5,000 ?).

Be safe, everyone. Party in the Cafe when this is over. Free everything!
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "