Page 94 of 141 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2115

Thread: Corona virus

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    That could be, but the caveat is "for now" If a second wave happens (and all signs are pointing towards a second wave already beginning) the second wave could end up outpacing the first. It has happened before historically in similar pandemics.
    You might be right.
    The next two weeks we will see if the cases result in mores deaths or due to the average age being in the mid 30ís will most recover.
    The bigger question is will the virus continue to spread or get weaker based on the health of those affected.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    You might be right.
    The next two weeks we will see if the cases result in mores deaths or due to the average age being in the mid 30’s will most recover.
    The bigger question is will the virus continue to spread or get weaker based on the health of those affected.
    The protesting, while I believe it is important (again, we cannot discuss that, beyond just mentioning it because it's a discussion of politics) is going to be a big part of the uptick, the other part is the presidential rallies resuming.

As people get back to their lives, they are absolutely refusing to wear masks... That's also going to start causing more cases. I'd say it's going to be the next month.

We had another 57,000 cases today and another 348 deaths as of the last update at 6:09 central time. This time two weeks ago the cases were more around 20,000 per day. So cases have more than doubled in the daily rate over the last two weeks. If that number doesn't go up or down and stays around 50,000 per day, we're looking at another 700,000 cases over the next two weeks.

Another thing to keep in mind, areas like California, Kansas, ect… that weren't hit hard before are now starting to see a large uptick in daily cases as well. California is looking like they'll be hit as hard as New York was in the beginning real soon.

This very much is not slowing down, quite the opposite. The daily death tolls are slowing down as the people in New York, are finally recovering (New York was by far the hardest hit and a whole lot of the death totals were in that area) but the spike in new cases in California, and other largely populated states will cause that to spike back up to where it was a month or two ago as these new cases start going through the steps of getting sick from the illness.

The protesting, while I believe it is important (again, we cannot discuss that, beyond just mentioning it because it's a discussion of politics) is going to be a big part of the uptick, the other part is the presidential rallies resuming.

As people get back to their lives, they are absolutely refusing to wear masks... That's also going to start causing more cases. I'd say it's going to be the next month.

We had another 57,000 cases today and another 348 deaths as of the last update at 6:09 central time. This time two weeks ago the cases were more around 20,000 per day. So cases have more than doubled in the daily rate over the last two weeks. If that number doesn't go up or down and stays around 50,000 per day, we're looking at another 700,000 cases over the next two weeks.

Another thing to keep in mind, areas like California, Kansas, ectÖ that weren't hit hard before are now starting to see a large uptick in daily cases as well. California is looking like they'll be hit as hard as New York was in the beginning real soon.

This very much is not slowing down, quite the opposite. The daily death tolls are slowing down as the people in New York, are finally recovering (New York was by far the hardest hit and a whole lot of the death totals were in that area) but the spike in new cases in California, and other largely populated states will cause that to spike back up to where it was a month or two ago as these new cases start going through the steps of getting sick from the illness.
    Time will tell. At this point I canít argue cases are increase, in a couple weeks will know how bad of shape were in. My hope is the majority recover and the death toll and hospitalizations continue to decline.

Thank you Frey, though we donít agree on everything it is good to have discussions on this topic especially right now when we canít openly visit with friends and family. I appreciate your opinionís.
    Hopefully we can have a future conversation on how an amazing break through improves everyoneís chances with the virus and maybe even some Broncos football Stay safe bro!

......cases have increased, because testing has increased.
    I get real tired of this garbage line...

Cases have increased because cases have increased, they would have been cases no matter what. DOCUMENTED cases are increasing, but there are even more deaths and cases than are being documented because we have tested, but those cases are still happening with or without documentation.

We've tested a pathetic 12 percent of our population and not all of the 40,000,000 tested were unique tests, with people getting tested 2-3 times a week, that number is in honesty a whole lot smaller than 12 percent of the 331,883,486 people reported to be living in America as of earlier this year.

Our government acts like we've tested a whole lot more than other countries... We've tested a higher total quantity than most countries because we have far more people than most countries. We've tested a disgustingly small percentage of the population. The numbers are likely MUCH, MUCH higher than are documented because we're still just barely testing...
    I'm sorry 58, but this is one topic that makes little sense to me, other than on the extreme surface. Of course the more you test the more the cases, unless there are none out there. The truth is, if you tested more, you would find more cases....and isn't that the goal here???? The goal to find out the who, where, when, how of it. So that you can fully monitor, and fully manage, and fully understand?

And when I hear that testing less might make things look better....I realize that the problem is bigger than most folks think.

From the get go, many of us supported the "test, test, test" approach, and from there to even get more sophisticated (ie. tracing). Testing is critical. The more the better.
    Last edited by CanDB; 07-06-2020 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I'm sorry 58, but this is one topic that makes little sense to me, other than on the extreme surface. Of course the more you test the more the cases, unless there are none out there. The truth is, if you tested more, you would find more cases....and isn't that the goal here???? The goal to find out the who, where, when, how of it. So that you can fully monitor, and fully manage, and fully understand?

And when I hear that testing less might make things look better....I realize that the problem is bigger than most folks think.

From the get go, many of us supported the "test, test, test" approach, and from there to even get more sophisticated (ie. tracing). Testing is critical. The more the better.
    Iím all for more testing!!! That is why I hope the NFL goes through with the season not because i want football and donít care about lives, but because they can monitor and test the players on a much better level than the public.
    The research that will be collected from the NBA bubble, the MLBís season and the NFL will be a great way to learn more about this virus.
    I believe the risk will be much lower in these groups because most of the people in these groups are in great health and have a lot of money backing them. I have blown out knees and ankles and had to beg my insurance to get an MRI, pro athletes get multiple MRIís within an hour of the injury. If somebody gets the virus they will get the best medical attention available.

The cases i believe will continue to go up, and no doubt like Freyaka pointed out a big reason is the relaxed view many have of the virus, that needs to change.

I’m all for more testing!!! That is why I hope the NFL goes through with the season not because i want football and don’t care about lives, but because they can monitor and test the players on a much better level than the public.
    The research that will be collected from the NBA bubble, the MLB’s season and the NFL will be a great way to learn more about this virus.
    I believe the risk will be much lower in these groups because most of the people in these groups are in great health and have a lot of money backing them. I have blown out knees and ankles and had to beg my insurance to get an MRI, pro athletes get multiple MRI’s within an hour of the injury. If somebody gets the virus they will get the best medical attention available.

The cases i believe will continue to go up, and no doubt like Freyaka pointed out a big reason is the relaxed view many have of the virus, that needs to change.
    OK...sounds cool,

Iím all for more testing!!! That is why I hope the NFL goes through with the season not because i want football and donít care about lives, but because they can monitor and test the players on a much better level than the public.
    The research that will be collected from the NBA bubble, the MLBís season and the NFL will be a great way to learn more about this virus.
    I believe the risk will be much lower in these groups because most of the people in these groups are in great health and have a lot of money backing them. I have blown out knees and ankles and had to beg my insurance to get an MRI, pro athletes get multiple MRIís within an hour of the injury. If somebody gets the virus they will get the best medical attention available.

I wasn't specifically going after you for that line... Just sick of the way specific people in office are presenting it that if we'd just stop testing this whole thing would go away...

Again, gotta dance around that because we can't discuss politics and I don't want to get into the political side, but that's why the whole "cases increased because testing increased" always frustrates the hell out of me.

I wasn't specifically going after you for that line... Just sick of the way specific people in office are presenting it that if we'd just stop testing this whole thing would go away...

Again, gotta dance around that because we can't discuss politics and I don't want to get into the political side, but that's why the whole "cases increased because testing increased" always frustrates the hell out of me.
    Cmon frey.....lets see you dance around

But please, not like this...

Cmon frey.....lets see you dance around

But please, not like this...

Yesss!

But do you think The Broncos should stay away from this celebration dance? More like a pats thing

Yesss!

But do you think The Broncos should stay away from this celebration dance? More like a pats thing

The patriots dance would be more like this.

Gotta summon the devil to keep their winning alive.

Do you take into account 50% of the deaths came from nursing homes?
    What about people that have passed and they had obesity or other underlying conditions?

I look at the numbers based on who is part of my life, age, health etc.
    If I was 70, obese and had diabetes I would quarantine and work on losing weight.

Everyone needs to deal with the Covid differently.
    Good post.

Countries are going over the top with these restrictions to protect a tiny minority who are vulnerable while the majority have to live with these restrictions and are losing jobs and the ability to live their life.

People can call me selfish but it is not my responsibility to protect vulnerable people, I am just going to carry on living my life as normal as possible. IF I was vulnerable and had health problems then it would be MY RESPONSIBILITY to shield and take extra precautions, no one elses. I wouldn't expect so many people to alter their way of live and risk their jobs for me, I would take it upon myself as an adult to protect myself.

The final straw for me when I completely lost the ability to care was a week ago. In England most things eased on Saturday but a city called Leicester had an outbreak so the restrictions continued for an extra 2 weeks.

The news came on and I thought 'fair enough, maybe it is bad there', and they said that 150 people in every 100,000 have tested positive (vast majority with mild symptons). I had to check I hadn't misheard and they hadn't said 150 out of every 1000 but NOPE I heard correctly.

They then said Leicester was 3 times higher then ANYWHERE else in the UK.

So in our worst hit area can someone work out what percentage 150 in 100,000 is ?

For me that was the final straw. I'm back at work and speak to lots of people giving my views, the vast majority feel the same way. Lets just get on with living our lives without these stupid masks around and ridiculous restrictions when I'm more likely to have a car crash.

I know the world we live in nowadays is all about drama and being very self-righteous (seeing that a lot at the moment) but people need to seriously get a grip and start living their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Good post.

Countries are going over the top with these restrictions to protect a tiny minority who are vulnerable while the majority have to live with these restrictions and are losing jobs and the ability to live their life.

People can call me selfish but it is not my responsibility to protect vulnerable people, I am just going to carry on living my life as normal as possible. IF I was vulnerable and had health problems then it would be MY RESPONSIBILITY to shield and take extra precautions, no one elses. I wouldn't expect so many people to alter their way of live and risk their jobs for me, I would take it upon myself as an adult to protect myself.

The final straw for me when I completely lost the ability to care was a week ago. In England most things eased on Saturday but a city called Leicester had an outbreak so the restrictions continued for an extra 2 weeks.

The news came on and I thought 'fair enough, maybe it is bad there', and they said that 150 people in every 100,000 have tested positive (vast majority with mild symptons). I had to check I hadn't misheard and they hadn't said 150 out of every 1000 but NOPE I heard correctly.

They then said Leicester was 3 times higher then ANYWHERE else in the UK.

So in our worst hit area can someone work out what percentage 150 in 100,000 is ?

For me that was the final straw. I'm back at work and speak to lots of people giving my views, the vast majority feel the same way. Lets just get on with living our lives without these stupid masks around and ridiculous restrictions when I'm more likely to have a car crash.

I know the world we live in nowadays is all about drama and being very self-righteous (seeing that a lot at the moment) but people need to seriously get a grip and start living their lives.
    The bolded. I'm doing everything I can to protect myself (compromised immune system). My family is taking extra precautions. My main concern? Is protecting myself from people like you.

You want to live without masks?

I would like to live.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    The bolded. I'm doing everything I can to protect myself (compromised immune system). My family is taking extra precautions. My main concern? Is protecting myself from people like you.

You want to live without masks?

I would like to live.
    I have always been very high on personal responsibility. Anything I do in life I own up to without any excuses.

So yes I do think that people who are vulnerable have the responsibility to protect themselves and take extra pre-cautions (and that is what I would do if I was in this category).

I would not expect everyone else to put their life on hold and wear masks all the time which are horrible, don't go to bars, restaurants, events, etc........, lose jobs, and tons of other restrictions I could name.

Lots of people have been working through this without any problems. They are not dropping down in the street, they are not dropping down as they walk past someone.

I am a clean person in life and am sensible, I have always carried anti-bac gel and I don't get in peoples personal space. I am all for sensible measures, but I am not in agreement with people who stop living their lives and lack perspective and show their hysteria.

Your last line about wanting to live is the hysteria I am talking about. Imagine me saying to my partner "sorry hunny I can't drive on the mototway/freeway today because I want to live" or "I'm not drinking alcohol or eating fast food because I want to live".

People can be sensible without these extreme reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I have always been very high on personal responsibility. Anything I do in life I own up to without any excuses.

So yes I do think that people who are vulnerable have the responsibility to protect themselves and take extra pre-cautions (and that is what I would do if I was in this category).

I would not expect everyone else to put their life on hold and wear masks all the time which are horrible, don't go to bars, restaurants, events, etc........, lose jobs, and tons of other restrictions I could name.

Lots of people have been working through this without any problems. They are not dropping down in the street, they are not dropping down as they walk past someone.

I am a clean person in life and am sensible, I have always carried anti-bac gel and I don't get in peoples personal space. I am all for sensible measures, but I am not in agreement with people who stop living their lives and lack perspective and show their hysteria.

Your last line about wanting to live is the hysteria I am talking about. Imagine me saying to my partner "sorry hunny I can't drive on the mototway/freeway today because I want to live" or "I'm not drinking alcohol or eating fast food because I want to live".

People can be sensible without these extreme reactions.
    I don't think I'm being hysterical.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "