Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona virus

First, Peanut the Mod: Let's not get political. Posts will get deleted. Thanks.

Peanut the member: As a person with a compromised immune system, I thank everyone who's taking precautions to help protect people like myself. I do my part, but it's nice to know that others are being selfless and thinking of vulnerable people.

I want to live my life as usual. I want to go to the Sakura Matsuri in DC. But...I also don't want to chance dying from a dumb virus. So, I'll go next year.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post

Peanut the member: As a person with a compromised immune system, I thank everyone who's taking precautions to help protect people like myself. I do my part, but it's nice to know that others are being selfless and thinking of vulnerable people.

I want to live my life as usual. I want to go to the Sakura Matsuri in DC. But...I also don't want to chance dying from a dumb virus. So, I'll go next year.
    Be safe out there...you, and everyone. Be smart, vigilant, and respectful of the well being of others. If you're sick, please stay home and self-quarantine...don't risk infecting others (that could be a death sentence for the elderly and those with weakened immune systems).

Peanut, if you do decide to go...just dress appropriately.

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

I think that it is important though that we find ways to lift spirits, because I suspect there will be increasing mental health related issues, like depression, if folks get worn down with the everyday "darkness" of this illness. Fear of getting sick, or someone close to them, or fear of losing work, or even the gloom of staying indoors more frequently,.

It's a small price to pay, but I can see a point when few sports are happening...for a while. Because this is a football site, I do hope The Draft will go forward, but if so, it will be done very wisely. No fans. But this can be achieved, just by showing a central location, with GMs calling in like they do.

Again, none of this is that important. Health and safety always come first.

Just imagine a day, maybe not too far away, when this starts to settle down, definitely to some significant degree because we did our part.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post

Take care....you will be fine, but I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    Be safe out there...you, and everyone. Be smart, vigilant, and respectful of the well being of others. If you're sick, please stay home and self-quarantine...don't risk infecting others (that could be a death sentence for the elderly and those with weakened immune systems).

I'm so tempted to get one of those. I've always been a borderline germaphobe, even more so since being diagnosed with an autoimmune disease. Hand sanitizer. I always keep a stock of it (with disinfectant spray and wipes). Right now, I have 3 full bottles and 7 partials and I haven't bought any for a few months.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post

You'd look cute in that P.....
    [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg[/URL
    Adopted player Lindsey

I wasnít trying to get political or anything of that nature as far as conservative vs liberal. I apologize if I offended anyone. I personally am taking this very seriously. It was a capricious question I hadnít put much thought into and it didnít go over well; Im sorry I asked it.
    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 03-12-2020 at 04:02 PM.

I'm just stating facts. I can't help that the media is politicizing this. And we here should be "punished" for posting facts.
    [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg[/URL
    Adopted player Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Thank you for the feedback dude. That makes sense. I’m not really worried about myself or anyone in my immediate family. I’m more concerned about people in extended family with health problems like my parents. I also have concerns about the global and local economy.

What are the chances this was something engineered for population control?
    I have to admit the thought crossed my mind (that it was an engineered virus - not that it was for pop control). But it really is irrelevant until this is all contained.

I wouldn't have even responded to this post except I saw China blamed US Army for introducing the virus in China. PBS reported this. Then glazed over it. .......... USA responded that this was ridiculous and untrue
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

I wasn’t trying to get political or anything of that nature as far as conservative vs liberal. I apologize if I offended anyone. I personally am taking this very seriously. It was a capricious question I hadn’t put much thought into and it didn’t go over well; Im sorry I asked it.
    Hey pal....I think I was more of the problem than you (unless you posted something else that I did not read). We are not supposed to talk "political" and I responded to what I believed to be a political post. BUT, by doing so, I was being political as well. So I get why mine was deleted....and I too apologize for doing so.

I wasn’t trying to get political or anything of that nature as far as conservative vs liberal. I apologize if I offended anyone. I personally am taking this very seriously. It was a capricious question I hadn’t put much thought into and it didn’t go over well; Im sorry I asked it.
    I wasn't referring to your post about getting too political.

I wasn't offended by your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    I'm just stating facts. I can't help that the media is politicizing this. And we here should be "punished" for posting facts.
    What should happen is to not bring that part up in this conversation. Politics not allowed. Period. The P&R forum was closed for a reason.

And if you were being punished, you would have been IPed. Read the CoC.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

A strong Flu is out there, lets buy all the toilet paper ... because that's all that is really essential......

Pandemic....

/sarcasm
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    A strong Flu is out there, lets buy all the toilet paper ... because that's all that is really essential......

Pandemic....

/sarcasm
    Panic buying begets panic buying. Toilet paper is the golden ticket this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Panic buying begets panic buying. Toilet paper is the golden ticket this time around.
    So weird. I go to Costco the other day, and no toilet paper in sight. And yes I can find pretty much every food we need. Then I go to a Sobeys, a Canadian super market, and no trouble finding toilet paper. In fact, I feel like I should apologize for buying 2 - 12 roll packages, which is the limit for this sale. Though not as price effective, it should do "the job".

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?v...5BXyRBk%252Bbg

This is a video of a man who actually has the virus. I don't want to sound heartless here and hurt any feelings but this to me is proof this is no big deal and the media is just driving the mass hysteria