Page 85 of 105 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1571

Thread: Corona virus

Day one of the idea of restrictions being lifted...there was a spike of confirmed cases overnight... hoping it’s a coincidence...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    The number of cases will go up everywhere with restrictions being eased, that's just a fact that people will need to accept. The key will be for those in charge not to freak out when the numbers do go up. Hopefully the key indicators (those in hospital, ICU patients and deaths) remain low while the cases do go up though.

In my province the numbers have started to level out, we've now been below 100 new cases daily since Saturday, and just yesterday we passed the threshold of having more recovered cases than active cases.

I talked tonight to my friend from your city, and it sounds like your province is in incredible shape at this point. Hopefully the easing of restrictions doesn't change that too much, you guys may end up having a somewhat normal summer.
    Good luck in Alberta!

I think your friend is right about this locale. Been fortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by RunYouOver View Post
    A normal summer is something I can only dream of, unfortunately. Agreed - it'd be almost shocking if the number of cases decline once things open back up, but the key will be how the hospitals are maintaining and how we adapt to life with the general easing of restrictions. I think it's very likely that in some parts of the US, concerts will be nonexistent, restaurants will be at limited capacity, bars/nightlife will be radically different and in general public places will be less easy-going through the Fall.
    I guess I'm ready (maybe you as well) to sort of accept a different normal for a while....but just think of the good news if life does get back sooner than later. How great will it feel!!! I sort of liken it to when you have a real setback in life, but then one day you wake up and it's a wee bit better, and the next, and then you get this feeling of optimism, though not a perfect situation, where as the golfers say, you see more fairways than sand traps.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Day one of the idea of restrictions being lifted...there was a spike of confirmed cases overnight... hoping it’s a coincidence...
    I imagine Vancouver and denser areas are much different than where you live...but I haven't studied the numbers. As an aside, BC will always be beautiful!

Lets take this conversation in a new direction: What will be your indication that life is returning back to some semblance of normal?

For me it probably will come on the last Saturday in August...hopefully. Every year my friends and I book two special golf outings to Kanaskis golf course in the Alberta mountains. It's truly an incredible course, right at the base of several mountains, with wildlife often seen on the course. Always an incredible outing and we'll book times for Father's Day weekend and Labour Day weekend usually. That's the start and end of summer in my books. This year we obviously didn't book for Father's Day, but we've got our end of summer tee time ready to go. If we are able to go and golf that day, that will be a signal to me that normal is somewhat back.

Lets take this conversation in a new direction: What will be your indication that life is returning back to some semblance of normal?

For me it probably will come on the last Saturday in August...hopefully. Every year my friends and I book two special golf outings to Kanaskis golf course in the Alberta mountains. It's truly an incredible course, right at the base of several mountains, with wildlife often seen on the course. Always an incredible outing and we'll book times for Father's Day weekend and Labour Day weekend usually. That's the start and end of summer in my books. This year we obviously didn't book for Father's Day, but we've got our end of summer tee time ready to go. If we are able to go and golf that day, that will be a signal to me that normal is somewhat back.
    As a teacher and a parent, I will think we will have returned to some type of normal if schools are open in late August. To me that means parents are working again and there is confidence that hundreds of kids can be around each other at the same time.

Some semblance of normal:

1) Knowing we can see our kids and have us all feel ok flying back and forth
    2) Maybe going to a restaurant, inside. Even if seated at every second table.
    3) It would be nice to be able to make contact with some folks I know, even just a quick hug....followed by lots of washing!! That might be a little ambitious, but I can dream.
    4) If I could just stop thinking about the dang bug, and just kind of do my thing...even though taking some precautions. Hey, I can live with washing my hands for a long time. You know, just do it like we do most other common things.
    5) Getting some sports back
    6) Knowing that folks are getting back to work, even if some work from home for a while
    7) When I go shopping I no longer get excited when I see toilet paper

(more, but enough for now)

This evening I was fortunate. I took the dog for a walk, and being near the river, I got to look across, as the sun was setting. It was quiet. A little cool, but calm. And it was beautiful! I thought, at least I still have this.
    Last edited by CanDB; 05-07-2020 at 08:30 PM.

Itís started for me somewhat:

1. People have returned to the office, albeit with safety measures. Proper separation in cubicles. Meetings have to take place with maximum #ís in rooms. We also have to answer a self test questionnaire every morning.

2. We had church for the first time in 6 weeks, which was awesome. The good: seeing my friends; the worship service was so nice to participate in, and not via stream; seeing friends I havenít seen in weeks. The awkward. Social distancing (i hate the concept in and of itself): we had every other row roped off; we also asked families to sit together while maintaining at least 2 chairs between them and the next family (normally the youth and young adults sit together). Wearing a mask as part of the host team was also unpleasant for me. Most of the people I talked to seemed to be fixated on the fact I was wearing a mask.

In summary i am happy to have been able to do go inspite of the awkwardness.

Other than the obvious..with work from home, and reducing the footprint in our offices...this has become an excellent social experiment for me. starting and end my work shifts at home, with a work car, working with a laptop from home. i have found efficiencies for my work team I want to keep post-Covid.

But normal.. with be my annual river tubing, and subsequent beer drinking, yard games, and BBQ at the end of July with my friends and coworkers.

My incredible accomplishments this week:

1. Got a haircut...wearing a mask.
    2. Got teeth cleaned at the dentist...with hygienist wearing a hazmat suit.
    3. Saw two packages of toilet paper at Target and people walking right by them.

We're on our way my friends, we're on our way.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

i'm not gonna get into the heart of this discussion but i will just say this about this whole situation that we are all in...

this is testing our very will & dependency on entertainment as we have no outlets for anything like sports, movies, parties etc.etc. & many are going to lose their mind over it

That's such a gorgeous area. Good luck.

2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Adopted Bronco: Chris Harris Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    That's such a gorgeous area. Good luck.
    Hey pal. I always think of Alberta when I see your name. Canmore, as you may know, is a town there, near the mountains and Banff. Butler could describe it better, but maybe you have an affiliation of some sort?
    Last edited by CanDB; 05-09-2020 at 07:56 AM.

Corona Humour:

•Definition of irony: When the Year Of The Rat starts with a plague.

•now everyone knows what introverts do for fun.

•We are about three weeks away from knowing everyone's true hair color.

•The World Health Organization has announced that dogs cannot contract COVID-19. Dogs previously held in quarantine can now be released. Just to be clear, WHO let the dogs out.

^^^^good ones....here are some goofies:

- If there’s a baby boom nine months from now, what will happen in 2033? There will be a whole bunch of quaranteens.
    - Finland just closed its borders. You know what that means. No one will be crossing the finish line.
    - Where do sick boats go to get healthy? The dock!
    - I ran out of toilet paper and had to start using old newspapers. Times are rough.
    - What do you call panic-buying of sausage and cheese in Germany? The wurst-kase scenario.
    - Nail salons, hair salons, waxing center and tanning places are closed. It’s about to get ugly out there.
    - What types of jokes are allowed during quarantine? Inside jokes!
    - What’s the best way to avoid touching your face? A glass of wine in each hand.
    Last edited by CanDB; 05-09-2020 at 02:20 PM.