Page 112 of 152 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2279

Thread: Corona virus

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I thought no one died from this virus though? or like less than 1%.... (this post is sarcastic, in case you missed it)
    The CDC's own data estimates an infection fatality ratio (IFR) of 0.65% (min of .5% / max of .8%)

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    The state of Arizona has now passed New York state in cases per million people. On that metric it is now the worst state in the USA.

A few days ago the news started reporting the in Arizona it has gotten so bad that refrigeration trucks have been brought in to store dead bodies.
    Reminiscent of New York...in the depth of the pandemic. When folks wonder how bad is real bad, I think refrigeration trucks is an awful sign. For me it's hard to stomach. I feel so bad for those families. It takes away from the dignity of those who have passed.

I thought no one died from this virus though? or like less than 1%.... (this post is sarcastic, in case you missed it)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    The CDC's own data estimates an infection fatality ratio (IFR) of 0.65% (min of .5% / max of .8%)
    As long as people keep making the virus out be more dangerous than it actually is, the more others are going to push back.

There needs to be a middle ground somewhere between Fauci and JvDub95.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

edited my comment because i misread, regardless, this is the important data. What you posed is projections, not real hard data, it's projections for planning scenarios, below is actual figures of deaths vs cases, it's not .5.-.8% it's more like 7% (no decimal) Those aren't good numbers... This isn't some non-serious thing here... that's a lot of people if this goes nationwide to everyone.

3,919,685 confirmed cases
    143,455 deaths
    1,803,241 recovered

CLOSED CASES
    1,946,696 Cases which had an outcome:

1,803,241 (93%) Recovered / Discharged

143,455 (7%) Deaths

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
    Last edited by Freyaka; 07-20-2020 at 10:06 AM.

edited my comment because i misread, regardless, this is the important data. What you posed is projections, not real hard data, it's projections for planning scenarios, below is actual figures of deaths vs cases, it's not .5.-.8% it's more like 7% (no decimal) Those aren't good numbers... This isn't some non-serious thing here... that's a lot of people if this goes nationwide to everyone.

3,919,685 confirmed cases
    143,455 deaths
    1,803,241 recovered

CLOSED CASES
    1,946,696 Cases which had an outcome:

1,803,241 (93%) Recovered / Discharged

143,455 (7%) Deaths

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
    I am not doubting the math, just was confused at your post.

Yes, the CDC's info is projections, at a moving target no less!, however the confirmed cases troubles me somewhat since (in my understanding at least) most outlets seem to agree that the infection is much greater that confirmed cases, including actively infected and asymptomatic as well as those who were and did not know. We may never know what the denominator is to accurately determine the real rate and why is suspect IFRs and CFRs vary as much as they do.

Just as an addition to the last post. If you think 7% isn't that big of a deal. 7% of 328 million is 22,960,000

Yes, the CDC's info is projections, at a moving target no less!, however the confirmed cases troubles me somewhat since (in my understanding at least) most outlets seem to agree that the infection is much greater that confirmed cases, including actively infected and asymptomatic as well as those who were and did not know. We may never know what the denominator is to accurately determine the real rate and why is suspect IFRs and CFRs vary as much as they do.
    i misread the initial response so there was some editing in there to ensure I wasn't being misleading (intentionally or unintentionally) with my response sorry.

In NM, COVID-19 deaths are a little over 3% of positives. On the Navajo Reservation, it's almost 5%. I'm sure it varies from state to state.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    In NM, COVID-19 deaths are a little over 3% of positives. On the Navajo Reservation, it's almost 5%. I'm sure it varies from state to state.
    Those are very high numbers. It's difficult to paint them any other way. One out of twenty, if tested positive, far exceeds the risk I would want to take on, if I got infected. And if 1 of 20 ends in death, what about the potential for long term damage to one or more of the other 19?

Have some people not recovered or were they count more than once?
    I notice cases and deaths are recorded immediately ( autopsy usually take 3 weeks but that has been bypassed for some reason) but recoveryís are not reported as accurately or as quickly. Maybe if the hospitals were paid for recovered cases they would update the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Have some people not recovered or were they count more than once?
    I notice cases and deaths are recorded immediately ( autopsy usually take 3 weeks but that has been bypassed for some reason) but recoveryís are not reported as accurately or as quickly. Maybe if the hospitals were paid for recovered cases they would update the numbers.
    Recovery takes time, it is not immediate for some it's a week or so, others battled for weeks without being discharged, it's not overnight. Death, that's pretty immediate. Cases, also can be reported immediately. You can't report a recovery until someone has actually gotten over the virus.

1,946,696 have been closed, that's about 50% of total cases closed. Keep in mind a lot of new cases are added every single day...
    Last edited by Freyaka; 07-20-2020 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Idaho is at approximately .8%

My dad and step mom are still unchanged in their status. Itís been approximately 13 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post

My dad and step mom are still unchanged in their status. Itís been approximately 13 days.
    Hope they turn the corner soon, man.

Idaho has over 14,000 cases and 120 deaths. Thatís one of the lower death rates in the country.

States with similar cases
    State Cases / Deaths
    Rhode Island 17,904 / 995
    New Mexico 16,971 / 571
    Idaho 14,960/120
    Oregon 14,586/ 262
    Delaware 13,519/523

My dad and step mom are still unchanged in their status. It’s been approximately 13 days.
    Sorry to hear, hope they can progress here in the next few days and turn the tide.