• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JvDub95
    Football Immortal
    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Well that's just silly....it's physically impossible for one individual to kick that many people.... everybody know that 😁

​​​​

Comment

• broncolee
      Football Immortal
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      The difference between a cup and a mask is that the cup protects the person wearing the cup, while the mask protects everyone except the person wearing it.

Would you force people to wear leg irons to prevent hem from being able to kick other people?

I don’t have a problem with wearing a mask when and where it’s required. I do have a problem with the idea of turning people into criminals just because they aren’t wearing a mask.
      Stop Feeding The Trolls, Please!!!!!

Comment

• CanDB
        Football Immortal
        • Mar 2008

German studies are opening the possibility that being infected can lead to heart damage....

There is new evidence that COVID-19 can have lasting effects on heart health, which may go undetected in patients who assume they have recovered from the infection.

Two studies from Germany, published Tuesday in the journal JAMA Cardiology, show how the virus can linger in the heart for months, even without producing symptoms.

The first study included 100 coronavirus patients from the University Hospital Frankfurt COVID-19 Registry. Most were otherwise healthy adults in their 40s and 50s.

All had MRIs of their heart two to three months after they were diagnosed with the virus, when many seemed to have fully recovered. Those images were compared to people who'd never had COVID-19.

Out of those 100 COVID-19 patients, 78 still had visual signs that the virus had an impact on the heart. Sixty of those patients had signs of ongoing inflammation of the heart muscle.

"That's really compelling," Dr. Clyde Yancy, chief of cardiology in the department of medicine at Northwestern Medicine in Chicago, told NBC News. "It indicates that months after exposure to COVID-19, we can still detect evidence of a heart that's not completely normal."

The problem may not lead to physical symptoms, but could indicate risk for further heart damage.

"Once the heart muscle has been injured, there is the potential for progressive injury," Yancy wrote in an editorial accompanying the studies.

Because the virus is so new, it's not yet known what long-term cardiovascular risks come with COVID-19.

No pre-existing conditions would have explained the damage, the study authors said, and only a third had been hospitalized with COVID-19. The rest were able to remain at home throughout the course of their illness.

"Our findings may provide an indication of potentially considerable burden of inflammatory disease in large and growing parts of the population," the study authors wrote.

I have been worried that we are only focusing on deaths, which by the way, are extremely worthy of notice, but that we have not factored in potential long term damage to the heart, lungs and any internal organ. If in fact we discover long term impairment, I believe our collective views on this virus will change. More folks will think, "don't get the virus", rather than it will just come and go.
        Last edited by CanDB; 08-02-2020, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• dizzolve
          Orange Rush
          • Mar 2009

This isn't the USA we all thought it was ........ at least not under this management

Learn the countries with best and worst Covid 19 responses ranked with an “economic reprieve” and podcast. Also check out other global news podcasts.
          The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• SecondsAway131
            Captain
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
            1 - People filming each other is cowardly and pathetic.

2 - He was caught on film walking his dog, the other accusations (groceries, car washing ) were just what the neighbours reported so there is no evidence he did those things. So yes I think being thrown in jail for walking his dog is a bit over the top.
            Should the neighbors not film them, or should they provide more evidence? It sounds like you're somehow advocating for both.

Comment

• bronx_2003
              Banned User
              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
              Should the neighbors not film them, or should they provide more evidence? It sounds like you're somehow advocating for both.
              I think when it becomes normal and acceptable to film people without them knowing its a dangerous path to go down. I couldn't imagine it happening over here but it seems to be a growing trend in the states that I have seen on twitter the last few months.

Comment

• EddieMac
                Canuck Mod, eh!
                • Feb 2004

I think when it becomes normal and acceptable to film people without them knowing its a dangerous path to go down. I couldn't imagine it happening over here but it seems to be a growing trend in the states that I have seen on twitter the last few months.
                Bronx, you and I have agreed on this topic most of the time..

In the case...if this guy was diagnosed And order to quarantine,,, he should have stayed at home...totally..and for the filming,, no expectation of privacy in public.. I hate the film people generation too... but it is what it is...and best evidence for sure.l
                sigpic

Comment

• Peerless
                  Football Immortal
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  German studies are opening the possibility that being infected can lead to heart damage....

There is new evidence that COVID-19 can have lasting effects on heart health, which may go undetected in patients who assume they have recovered from the infection.

Two studies from Germany, published Tuesday in the journal JAMA Cardiology, show how the virus can linger in the heart for months, even without producing symptoms.

The first study included 100 coronavirus patients from the University Hospital Frankfurt COVID-19 Registry. Most were otherwise healthy adults in their 40s and 50s.

All had MRIs of their heart two to three months after they were diagnosed with the virus, when many seemed to have fully recovered. Those images were compared to people who'd never had COVID-19.

Out of those 100 COVID-19 patients, 78 still had visual signs that the virus had an impact on the heart. Sixty of those patients had signs of ongoing inflammation of the heart muscle.

"That's really compelling," Dr. Clyde Yancy, chief of cardiology in the department of medicine at Northwestern Medicine in Chicago, told NBC News. "It indicates that months after exposure to COVID-19, we can still detect evidence of a heart that's not completely normal."

The problem may not lead to physical symptoms, but could indicate risk for further heart damage.

"Once the heart muscle has been injured, there is the potential for progressive injury," Yancy wrote in an editorial accompanying the studies.

Because the virus is so new, it's not yet known what long-term cardiovascular risks come with COVID-19.

No pre-existing conditions would have explained the damage, the study authors said, and only a third had been hospitalized with COVID-19. The rest were able to remain at home throughout the course of their illness.

"Our findings may provide an indication of potentially considerable burden of inflammatory disease in large and growing parts of the population," the study authors wrote.

I have been worried that we are only focusing on deaths, which by the way, are extremely worthy of notice, but that we have not factored in potential long term damage to the heart, lungs and any internal organ. If in fact we discover long term impairment, I believe our collective views on this virus will change. More folks will think, "don't get the virus", rather than it will just come and go.
                  I have also read of this - along with other long term pulmonary issues. It is definitely not a good thing to get - symptomatic or asymptotic just because of the potential long term issues.

Comment

• Bronco51
                    Football Immortal
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                    I have also read of this - along with other long term pulmonary issues. It is definitely not a good thing to get - symptomatic or asymptotic just because of the potential long term issues.
                    One of the Red Sox pitchers opted out because he developed heart problems that they think are linked to him having COVID in the spring. And he is a professional athlete, which some have said shouldn't be a problem for them because they are in great shape. Go figure.

Comment

• CanDB
                      Football Immortal
                      • Mar 2008

Hey pal....hope this wasn't a link you posted along the way.

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                      One of the Red Sox pitchers opted out because he developed heart problems that they think are linked to him having COVID in the spring. And he is a professional athlete, which some have said shouldn't be a problem for them because they are in great shape. Go figure.
                      This is why it is too early in the game to think anyone fully understands the depth of this disease. We are still relatively new to it, Medical experts and researchers can only formalize so much fact until things play out on their own. I hear folks talking about their fears that what they experienced is not completely gone from them, and there is concern that they may suffer long term.

Comment

• bronx_2003
                        Banned User
                        • Oct 2003

The reason some of them get criticism is because a lot of people are sick of hearing about this day after day and have lives to get on with. The media sensationalise everything (it is how they roll, way before covid) so people view anything they read or hear with suspicion.

I think many people get fed up with this constant 'lets live in fear approach' when they are trying to get on with their lives. It looks pathetic and most people have a backbone and a desire to get on with things. The numbers show it requires pre-cautions but it is certainly not the plague and certainly does not require people to put their life on hold or be gripped with fear.

I'm not sure what the states stats are but over here the chance of testing positive and going to hospital is something like 0.002 pc. It is certainly not worth worrying about more then crossing the road.

Comment

• CanDB
                          Football Immortal
                          • Mar 2008

The reason some of them get criticism is because a lot of people are sick of hearing about this day after day and have lives to get on with. The media sensationalise everything (it is how they roll, way before covid) so people view anything they read or hear with suspicion.

I think many people get fed up with this constant 'lets live in fear approach' when they are trying to get on with their lives. It looks pathetic and most people have a backbone and a desire to get on with things. The numbers show it requires pre-cautions but it is certainly not the plague and certainly does not require people to put their life on hold or be gripped with fear.

I'm not sure what the states stats are but over here the chance of testing positive and going to hospital is something like 0.002 pc. It is certainly not worth worrying about more then crossing the road.
                          Just to be clear, I may express the need for caution, but I do not live in fear of this virus. If I tested positive, I might feel that way until such time as I was reasonably satisfied that I had fully recovered and that it was unlikely that I infected others, once I knew I was infected. I take what the media provides and I integrate it with what I read up on, what intelligent folks in my circle say, and other factors that hopefully employ some form of critical thinking.

Comment

• Peerless
                            Football Immortal
                            • May 2004

You know what else is pathetic? Pretending to be good or "I'm not at risk enough" to take precautions, then possibly hurting yourself and others.

And I'm not sure you can call it as people are 'fearing' for their life right now. That's not the phrase I would use for us over here in the US.... People are (and should) go about their day - try and stay spacious to others if possible, and wear a mask. It's really - that simple. Forget the media, forget politics. It's all about staying safe and taking precautionary measures - like you mentioned.

I think the people who are "sick and tired" or "fed up" of it all are the ones who need to come back down to earth, get off their high horse, and follow the damn rules. Life is always good when nothing bad is happening to you, your family, or friends. But when issues arise, it's amazing how different perception can be on what is worth worrying about.

Comment

• Peanut
                              ModNut
                              • Jan 2007

You know what else is pathetic? Pretending to be good or "I'm not at risk enough" to take precautions, then possibly hurting yourself and others.

And I'm not sure you can call it as people are 'fearing' for their life right now. That's not the phrase I would use for us over here in the US.... People are (and should) go about their day - try and stay spacious to others if possible, and wear a mask. It's really - that simple. Forget the media, forget politics. It's all about staying safe and taking precautionary measures - like you mentioned.

I think the people who are "sick and tired" or "fed up" of it all are the ones who need to come back down to earth, get off their high horse, and follow the damn rules. Life is always good when nothing bad is happening to you, your family, or friends. But when issues arise, it's amazing how different perception can be on what is worth worrying about.
                              Perception. I think that's the main thing. Those of us who are in the vulnerable group and those who work directly with Covid patients (which puts them in the vulnerable group) see it one way. Others do not think they can be harmed by the virus see it quite differently.

I have no problem with people wanting things to go back to "normal". I think we would all love that. I do not like it though, when someone tells me that I'm being hysterical or I'm being unreasonable or that I'm afraid to live. Being cautious does not equal those things.
                              Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• bronx_2003
                                Banned User
                                • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                                Perception. I think that's the main thing. Those of us who are in the vulnerable group and those who work directly with Covid patients (which puts them in the vulnerable group) see it one way. Others do not think they can be harmed by the virus see it quite differently.

I have no problem with people wanting things to go back to "normal". I think we would all love that. I do not like it though, when someone tells me that I'm being hysterical or I'm being unreasonable or that I'm afraid to live. Being cautious does not equal those things.
                                Thats a fair point.

People who are at-risk or vulnerable need to take extra precautions and the white house needs to put measures in place to protect these people, espeically elderly residential facilities.

The problem I and many others have is we think it is over the top for a majority of people who are not in the at-risk group. We get told over here that in the UK there are only 14 positive tests out of every 100,000 people, and then if you are positive there is over a 99% chance you will be fine.

How can I take it seriously when I see those numbers ? When I am far more likely to contract cancer (1 in 3 people), etc...............

Then we turn on the news and they blow it up so much you would think half the population are going to die once they head outside. I might come off as blase, I guess because I am, but its because of those numbers above, its just not worth me bringing hassle and fear into my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X