Page 91 of 131 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1965

Thread: Corona virus

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    You give ME a break.
    I highly doubt that one of the finest medical experts in his field is out to sabotage The NFL. If anything, he is trying his best to save lives and protect others...and by doing so, thereby stabilizing economic recovery rather than cause it to potentially step backwards again.

And for the world to move forward, it is important that countries trust one another, because failure to realize the significance of health, will impede progress, and likely effect commerce in many facets.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Wouldn't this have been gone if everyone quarantined for 14days ........... everyone? If so, that seems a small price to pay compared to what these half measures have gotten us
    It would have gone a heck of a lot better than it has gone.... If only people would have followed some simple rules - stay home (if you can), practice social distancing (if you can't stay home), and wear a damn mask.

But Americans are self absorbed , "my way or the highway" type folks. And now, we're seeing some unfortunate spikes - especially in states that don't require folks to wear masks.

Sixteen states recommend, but do not require, its residents to wear masks in public. In those states, new coronavirus cases have risen by 84% over the last two weeks. In the 11 states that mandate wearing masks in public, new cases have fallen by 25% over the last two weeks.

https://www.inquirer.com/health/coro...qprACenr3tDUQM

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    You give ME a break.
    Eat a snickers, wear a mask, and calm yourself down. You're acting absurd, and talking irrationally.

Chill out folks or this thread is done.

What Fauci, or anyone, says about the NFL season right now is inconsequential. The NFL will be following MLB, NBA and the NHL in starting play. If those leagues are able to get going and they contain things with minimal issues then the NFL season will go ahead and be fine. If those leagues develop issues and need to shutdown, then the NFL will likely not start.

But there's also other leagues going on right now, including most European soccer leagues, and most importantly for the NFL is the Australian rules Football League, which plays games once a week and has a lot of close interaction and contact, just like the NFL. The AFL even had a player test positive right before a gam last week. The things learned from those leagues will greatly help the NFL this season. Oh and it should be noted the AFL has started allowing in a small number of fans into each game, with it potentially going up to 10,000 fans per game allowed on July 1 on a league wide basis, while the two teams in Adelaide have just been approved for having crowds of up to 25,000 people in for each game.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    It would have gone a heck of a lot better than it has gone.... If only people would have followed some simple rules - stay home (if you can), practice social distancing (if you can't stay home), and wear a damn mask.

But Americans are self absorbed , "my way or the highway" type folks. And now, we're seeing some unfortunate spikes - especially in states that don't require folks to wear masks.
    Part of the issue here in Idaho was we shut down before there was any real spread other than one resort town, Sun Valley. The majority of the spike here is due to young people in bars in Boise over the last two weeks when we moved to stage 4.
    But I agree, people here need to be more conscious of wearing a mask in places with large crowds while the virus is spreading. Bars are closed again here and weíve gone back to stage 3.
    However the situation is not dire here. The hospitals and urgent care facilities are not anywhere near being maxed, nor do I think thatís likely.
    The outbreak here is largely isolated to the 20-30 age group in Boise and not so much Meridian.
    Do we really think weíre going to stop the spread altogether? That seems very unrealistic.
    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 06-25-2020 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Do we really think weíre going to stop the spread altogether? That seems very unrealistic.
    I mean... it's sort of an open ended question.

It's the same thing as me saying "Is my family, or say - state - is my state going to help stop pollution spread if we recycle and reuse to the T everyday for a year?" Well probably not. But anything is something, and something is progress.

People of Boise won't stop Covid, not even close. But collectively, if everyone actually decided to follow the health regulations and guidelines to help prevent the spread - you'd see better results.

Just because a situation isn't dire in your neck of the woods, or my neck of the woods, or neckbeards neck of the woods, doesn't mean we shouldn't be in defense mode - because literally, your urgent care facility, clinic, or hospital could one day become maxed with this annoying virus.

It's the same thing as me saying "Is my family, or say - state - is my state going to help stop pollution spread if we recycle and reuse to the T everyday for a year?" Well probably not. But anything is something, and something is progress.

People of Boise won't stop Covid, not even close. But collectively, if everyone actually decided to follow the health regulations and guidelines to help prevent the spread - you'd see better results.

Just because a situation isn't dire in your neck of the woods, or my neck of the woods, or neckbeards neck of the woods, doesn't mean we shouldn't be in defense mode - because literally, your urgent care facility, clinic, or hospital could one day become maxed with this annoying virus.
    I agree....it's like saying my vote doesn't matter. But collectively, it matters a lot.

I don't see this as an individual situation. At some point people need to work together, because you do not want starts and stops to be the norm. From the get go I have believed in slowing the spread, and I still do. I tend to follow the line of thinking that we should protect ourselves, while protecting others. And I do not assume anything about this virus, other than we will be safer when we have a cure and a vaccine.

I agree with you; thatís not where I was coming from.
    Boise and Meridian were doing good until the bars got opened and the young people flooded downtown and acted like there was no pandemic, at this point weíre rolled back to stage 3 and that was the right call because not everyone was acting responsibly.
    Iím not suggesting negligence, my habits and my familyís habits have changed.
    Iím suggesting we need to probably anticipate everyone getting it and slow the spread with social distancing so the medical community can handle it; staying locked down for the remainder of the year only delays the inevitable, IMO.
    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 06-30-2020 at 02:30 PM.

I agree with you; that’s not where I was coming from.
    Boise and Meridian were doing good until the bars got opened and the young people flooded downtown and acted like there was no pandemic, at this point we’re rolled back to stage 3 and that was the right call because not everyone was acting responsibly.
    I’m not suggesting negligence, my habits and my family’s habits have changed.
    I’m suggesting we need to probably anticipate everyone getting it and slow the spread with social distancing so the medical community can handle it; staying locked down for the remainder of the year only delays the inevitable, IMO.
    Totally agree.

I agree with you; thatís not where I was coming from.
    Boise and Meridian were doing good until the bars got opened and the young people flooded downtown and acted like there was no pandemic, at this point weíre rolled back to stage 3 and that was the right call because not everyone was acting responsibly.
    Iím not suggesting negligence, my habits and my familyís habits have changed.
    Iím suggesting we need to probably anticipate everyone getting it and slow the spread with social distancing so the medical community can handle it; staying locked down for the remainder of the year only delays the inevitable, IMO.
    If youíre saying we never should have shut the country down in the first place, youíre absolutely right.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

well yeah this is after all the united states & as our anthem says "land of the free"...yeah land of the free to do whatever the hell they want & not listen to anything.

may not be the best comparison for the virus rather for people in general - but i compare how people have handled this to how they drive on the interstate highways...SPEED! because nobody is gonna tell me how fast to go

speed limit is 55 gonna go 65...speed limit 65 gonna go 75...speed limit 70 gonna go 80 & so on. in fact i would be willing to lay money down that if the speed limit was posted to a point so high that was almost unsafe for corners or turns that people would just flip their cars because you ain't gonna restrict me from doing what i want...idiots

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    well yeah this is after all the united states & as our anthem says "land of the free"...yeah land of the free to do whatever the hell they want & not listen to anything.

may not be the best comparison for the virus rather for people in general - but i compare how people have handled this to how they drive on the interstate highways...SPEED! because nobody is gonna tell me how fast to go

speed limit is 55 gonna go 65...speed limit 65 gonna go 75...speed limit 70 gonna go 80 & so on. in fact i would be willing to lay money down that if the speed limit was posted to a point so high that was almost unsafe for corners or turns that people would just flip their cars because you ain't gonna restrict me from doing what i want...idiots
    They are all just suggestions until you get a ticket I don't see how masks are any different ... I would love for this stuff to be over, but while they are implementing them I wear them, except when I walk the pups, because there is no one around and if people come my way I go a different way to avoid them, rarely come within 50 ft of anyone, but if I was stopped and told to put a mask on I would.

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris

Unfortunately the area of Kansas I live in (Segewick county) is getting hit hard with the virus. We got I believe 900 new cases since Wednesday. We've seen a 50% increase.

Just doing my best to limit my time outside and avoid people.

As testing increases,
    Positive cases rise.
    40 million tests and 3.2 million positives.

Coronavirus Recovery Rates:
    Scientists and researchers are constantly tracking infections and recoveries. But they have data only on confirmed cases, so they canít count people who donít get COVID-19 tests. Experts also donít have information about the outcome of every infection. However, early estimates predict that the overall COVID-19 recovery rate is between 97% and 99.75%.