Page 118 of 148 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2208

Thread: Corona virus

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Well....lets just say time will tell. Because a picture like that is merely that, a snapshot of a moment in time, with nothing to derive from it in terms of the future. I do hope they are safe. I am not out to "stick it to" anyone. But it looks a bit concerning, especially if that's the norm.
    This is the norm here every day, yet our numbers have declined sharpely month after month to the point that we are now at a ridiculously low level.

Yet despite that the government implement the mask rule 3 days ago, when they have not been here at all before that, and risk the jobs of many people.

My views are probably in the minority on this board, yet over here they are common among most people.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    This is the norm here every day, yet our numbers have declined sharpely month after month to the point that we are now at a ridiculously low level.

Yet despite that the government implement the mask rule 3 days ago, when they have not been here at all before that, and risk the jobs of many people.

My views are probably in the minority on this board, yet over here they are common among most people.
    I added this to my post after you responded, but you may have answered some of it. But if you want to respond to it, feel free....

You seem to be saying that The UK has done well, or are you talking only about a portion of it? Because by my calculations The UK has had some tough times with the virus. Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I added this to my post after you responded, but you may have answered some of it. But if you want to respond to it, feel free....

You seem to be saying that The UK has done well, or are you talking only about a portion of it? Because by my calculations The UK has had some tough times with the virus. Am I wrong?
    Our numbers were among the highest in europe but the last few months have seen a big decline, its just the natural regression of any virus. I saw an update on the news over here around an hour ago that the updated stats are 14.7 people in every 100,000 in the UK test positive (hence many people finding the new mask rule a joke, but I won't go into that again).

I don't think our government has handled this very well, espeically in the beginning months of March and April when they gave very mixed messages, but I do have some sympathy with them as our numbers were always going to be amongst the highest in europe for various reasons -
    We have one of the highest immigration numbers in europe, including thousands of chinese students who would have flow in and out of the country between October and March

Heathrow airport in London is the busiest airport in europe.

We have too many people in a small island, many living in large towns and cities.

There are other reasons but basically our numbers were always going to be high. The government did not implement a mask rule during the peak months when it would have been useful, but now our numbers are as low as they are they decide to bring it in and risk the economic rebound we have achieved in the last month. That is why they get mocked as much as they do over here, because they seem clueless at times and bring in moronic rules for the sake of it, rather then when it may have been useful.

Its a bit like their decision to put some countries on the 'do not travel' list. They didn't bother in March, April, or May, when this was at its peak, but now they decide it might be a good idea.

Its hard to have much respect or trust in a government that seem to make it up as they go along.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Considering that we have such low positive cases and the fact that people rip their mask of when they come out of a shop and interact with people all day it is an utterly pointless rule and one just brought in for show, but one that will halt the economic recovery and cost many people their jobs.
    Yeah okay. Wearing masks will cost people their jobs.....Even though consumer spending and retails sales have recovered to the pre pandemic levels in the UK.... but due to the mask enforcement (which is only 3 days old now), it will cause people to quit going to stores and quit buying, thus cause chaotic economic turmoil and insufferable job loss....

Gotchya.

Last edited by Peerless; 07-27-2020 at 02:41 PM.

Hear from America's front line Doctors themselves...

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts...xUwH3PnYRJ3I28

I'll continue to believe this entire "pandemic" is purely fear spread propaganda by certain people with certain agendas

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Hear from America's front line Doctors themselves...

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts...xUwH3PnYRJ3I28

I'll continue to believe this entire "pandemic" is purely fear spread propaganda by certain people with certain agendas
    This group doesn't seem sketchy at all... I just saw some people share it on FB a few minutes ago. It’s very baited for an obvious crowd on Facebook. Makes me believe someone purposely made this group to push an agenda to make COVID-19 look like “the common flu”. Here's the website: https://www.americasfrontlinedoctors.com/

The Domain was registered back on the 16th.

There's a reason social media platforms are scrubbing all of the videos. This group is pure bullcrap, and pure propaganda.
    Last edited by Peerless; 07-28-2020 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    This group doesn't seem sketchy at all... I just saw some people share it on FB a few minutes ago. It’s very baited for an obvious crowd on Facebook. Makes me believe someone purposely made this group to push an agenda to make COVID-19 look like “the common flu”. Here's the website: https://www.americasfrontlinedoctors.com/

There's a reason social media platforms are scrubbing all of the videos. This group is pure bullcrap, and pure propaganda.
    Hence the danger of social media in the 21st century. People have to think critically, compare info, do their research, keep one eye open for false narratives. It's one of the most negative forces on this earth. BUT....it's important folks take the time to gauge what is and what isn't authentic, versus believe whatever suits their opinion.

It's amazing how easily people will buy anything you put in front of them that looks professional and was shared by someone they know on facebook.

If it's on the internet, it must be true, people never lie or mislead you on the internet.

https://newsfactsnetwork.com/2020/07...tline-doctors/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/othe...ms/ar-BB17gnFl

Their "Science liaison" is a eye doctor... And how by the way is an eye doctor on the covid frontline? That's not fishy or odd at all. Their website which has only been up for a week or two is full of grammatical and spelling errors. Nothing they reference is backed by any medical studies. There has been no peer review, this is a bunch of doctors parroting what someone wants them to say, there is no evidence, there is no medical or scientific backing, it's pure quackery.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    It's amazing how easily people will buy anything you put in front of them that looks professional and was shared by someone they know on facebook.

If it's on the internet, it must be true, people never lie or mislead you on the internet.
    The mental gymnastics people go through to not wear a mask is frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    The mental gymnastics people go through to not wear a mask is frightening.
    It's not even that bad... Wearing a mask is super easy, barely an inconvenience. Hell, I had my mom make me a custom one with a Broncos logo on the front so I can rep the team on the very rare occasion that I'm out and about.

The one thing I've learned from this whole thing is I'm a hell of a lot more introverted than I realized and that's ok.

Their "Science liaison" is a eye doctor... And how by the way is an eye doctor on the covid frontline? That's not fishy or odd at all. Their website which has only been up for a week or two is full of grammatical and spelling errors. Nothing they reference is backed by any medical studies. There has been no peer review, this is a bunch of doctors parroting what someone wants them to say, there is no evidence, there is no medical or scientific backing, it's pure quackery.
    Totally agree...

I guess research based science is really less attractive than shiny white coat videos to some people.

This group doesn't seem sketchy at all... I just saw some people share it on FB a few minutes ago. Its very baited for an obvious crowd on Facebook. Makes me believe someone purposely made this group to push an agenda to make COVID-19 look like the common flu. Here's the website: https://www.americasfrontlinedoctors.com/

You being in health care dispute others in your own field. I'm supposed to believe one but not the other? There are hundreds of doctors all over this country telling this same story and just as many like you putting them down. Who's right who's wrong? And you wander why guys like me have a hard time just falling in line with "what's right"..

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    You being in health care dispute others in your own field. I'm supposed to believe one but not the other? There are hundreds of doctors all over this country telling this same story and just as many like you putting them down. Who's right who's wrong? And you wander why guys like me have a hard time just falling in line with "what's right"..
    Yeah I do. I dispute 'professionals' who disagree or even DISREGARD science. It's really, that simple.

How is Bill Gates the one formulating the vaccine?? Just like they said.. who is funding these studies? Who are the ones pushing the worst of the cases and making it seem like that is everywhere?

I find it absolutely hilarious that there are actual doctors out there working with patients that are telling America that drugs like hydroxychloroquine or just zink or quinine Will work wonders for this virus. But as soon as that is said Dr faucci and his puppets automatically say " there's no test to prove that " so I should just believe Dr Faucci and not other doctors?