Page 22 of 88 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona virus

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine are on very low supply in the pharmaceutical supply chain. Hopefully we will have better data on how well it works very shortly. Health care systems are using it today as we speak to try and manage and/or treat COVID-19 patients.
    This concerns me.

Has there been hard evidence that it helps?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    “Stop touching me!”
    That's my line.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    I was semi-seriously thinking about how bowing may be the new trend. I've been doing the Pistol Wink, the "what's up" head nod, the Kid N Play dance or just a simple point.
    I wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    DevilSpawn irl

Oh, the irony...
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    https://theweek.com/speedreads/90401...ve-coronavirus

Great now all our Senators need is an excuse to take time off .............granted if you're sick you're sick ....but self quarantine when you've been in contact with known ill.........ehhh

The people of the country need the Senate to be able to work right now. I really hope this doesn't blow up. I mean they all meet in the same room and press the same voting machine buttons
    Yea, they need to get that stimulus in the mail next week. Lots of people hurting without jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Yes, we sure will see about that.

If America doesn't flatten the curve - the already cracked health system will literally crumble.
    "I've set my laser from stun to kill."

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    That is powerful.

Thanks for posting.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    DevilSpawn irl

Oh, the irony...

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Yea, they need to get that stimulus in the mail next week. Lots of people hurting without jobs.
    lol senate just tied their vote 47 47
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    Very cool

FaceTime is a wonderful thing!

My version of social distancing,..

http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

This should be a fairly telling week in the US, I think. Unfortunately I think it's likely cases skyrocket as those who weren't experiencing symptoms last week but were infected may start to see the worst of it. On the other hand, if we can start to level out by end of the week, we may get through this sooner, and with less damage than people think. I'm guessing we're in for another wild ride in the markets (already shaping up to be another bad day tomorrow) and a rollercoaster of emotions from the news.

Stay healthy everyone.
    Administrator

Praying for some good news this week.... C'mon, anything!

Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 03-23-2020 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    That is good news.

Watched 60 Minutes last night. It was pretty solid on the health and economic aspects. Though factual and not candy coating, they did add some strong stories around the efforts of researchers everywhere, and the progress given the use of technology...and the fact that there's a belief that cash can be pumped into the system, and if anything, (as learned from the Recession stimulus plans) it is better to overreact with the distribution of money, than be selective about who receives it. Being selective did not produce better results. But from my perspective, quickness in all efforts is essential.

So hang in. Great scientists around the globe, promising stories in various places (including my home town), and lessons learned from 2008 that could speed up the economic plateau / eventual recovery.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...ses-than-other

Tom Bossert, a former homeland security adviser to President Trump, warned Monday that the United States could soon have the highest number of coronavirus cases of any country in the world.

"Sadly, the numbers now suggest the U.S. is poised to take the lead in #coronavirus cases," Bossert wrote on Twitter.

"It’s reasonable to plan for the US to top the list of countries with the most cases in approximately 1 week," he added. "This does NOT make social intervention futile. It makes it imperative!"

Sadly, the numbers now suggest the U.S. is poised to take the lead in #coronavirus cases. It’s reasonable to plan for the US to top the list of countries with the most cases in approximately 1 week. This does NOT make social intervention futile. It makes it imperative!
    — Thomas P. Bossert (@TomBossert) March 23, 2020
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top